My father likes this place the best of the three we went to....he said it felt very homey. It was not as ostentatious as other facilities we visited. No huge dome vaulted ceilings, but more homey proportions. Nice wooden railings all the way down the halls for hands to grab.
The facility has all the activities and amenities that count as well as church services, exercise classes, salon, crafts, travel to stores, events, etc. All and all a really nice facility.
More than anything I think it was [name removed] questions and deep concern for my father's and mother's well being that came through...convincing us that this might be the place for them.
Rooms were clean and quite large comparative to some I've seen at other facilities. The rooms include cable TV and phone service (not long distance) and they make announcements over the phone speakers about upcoming events, etc...at least in the independent living section.
Part of Assisted Living is that they cover medication help as part of base cost...in other places this is extra.
This facility excepts medicaid payments and can help families transition to medicaid if there monies are depleted.
Everyone we met was very nice and had greetings and big smiles. All of the people living there seemed to like decorating their doors and apartments which speaks well of the overall mood.
They can nurse anyone up to where they would need to go to hospice or until they need round the clock nursing. So moving facilities is not as likely as some places.
Really liked the staff and we had more than one person living here stop out of the blue to tell us how much they really liked living there. Many for over a decade.

When I got my father home I could tell that for the first time he really was considering whether he could find a way to maybe to afford some place like this. My mother seemed to be ready now, even though she didn't go on the trips.
That they are all of a sudden even thinking about whether it was possible is a major victory and a testament to the impression this place made on my father.

This is an old facility and frankly it looks and smells it. I was uncomfortable during my tour because it just didn't seem well staffed or very clean overall. The layout is also difficult to navigate. There are two assisted living areas. The south section is on the second floor and even though the assisted folks have access to all areas they must navigate through the memory care area if they want to venture out. Just didn't feel right and would definitely not be a place my mom would be comfortable.

Very Good Staff

My loved one has not been here very long yet, but so far, our experience with Churchill Estates has been generally positive. The staff is very good, and the place is clean. It isn't modern or fancy like some of the other places we saw, but it's well maintained, and my loved one likes that it is close to family members.

Food is all processed or from a can

This is an older facility and it looks very drab. The average age of residents is 90 years old. The atmosphere of the building is just old. I would not recommend this facility. In the 9 months my Mother lived here, they went through 3 chefs. They are also not hiring very good cooks. The soups are watery, the pasta sauce was from a can, and they have no choices for other entrees. For sandwiches they only have 2 pieces of bread, maybe a slice of cheese, and only 1 slice of processed meat. They do what they can with what they have. I also have a problem with the location. There is a busy street out front, it's next to a very large high school next door, and there is no outdoor space for people with walkers. The staff doesn't even seem like they care. I would not recommend this facility.

Needs Updating

I toured Churchill, and I knew right away that it was not the kind of place I would want my mom living in. The facility was old with small rooms and a cramped, claustrophobic feel. The place needed a lot of updating. I was hoping for comfort, open ness, and brightness, and none of that was here.

Just Ok

I toured Churchill Estates among other communities when looking at options for my mother-in-law. The Independent living section of the community was generally well-kept, the staff answered all of our questions and they seemed experienced and helpful. The dining room was huge though, so you might come in at the beginning of dinnertime, and maybe not get served for an hour it was that big. When we walked into the assisted living section of the community, it was like walking into [Removed] because of a big ramp that led down into that section. The desk staff there was so fast asleep, that my husband wondered if he was [Removed]. Some of the rooms were doubles, which we didn’t like, and it didn’t seem homely or comfortable there. There were also no patios in the rooms. Overall, the place was just ok, and I didn’t feel comfortable putting my mother-in-law there.

Not the Best Fit

I had the chance to talk with them before trying to visit them. They were very nice to talk with and were upfront with me when I was asking questions. Unfortunately the price and location was not the right fit for us but they were helpful in the process of our search for a community.

I believe one of our very biggest strengths is our "continuity of care" and the wide array of Senior Living options we offer.
We provide the opportunity to start off in our Independent Living area where we essentially provide security, cooking, and most cleaning services for our residents. We also have Assisted Living where some folks may need a little more help with things like medication management, getting dressed in the morning, or help with showering can get the assistance they need to help maintain an Independent lifestyle. The "continuity of care" is pretty unique to Churchill Estates and allows for our residents to stay in familiar surroundings though the entire aging process.