Fox Hollow Residential Care - Eugene, OR

A deeper look

I recently spent the day at this facility and spent time with nearly all of the residents. Updates are always nice, so I would agree that new carpet would be great. However, overall, the place appeared clean and well kept with the exception of needing some new carpet (but cosmetic changes are easy to make.) To me what is more important is the staff and the quality of care provided... I think this is where Fox Hollow excels. According to the residents that actually live there, they provide excellent quality care at affordable rates. What really impressed me was the feedback I received from all of the residents. Each of them mentioned the new administrator whom they say has implemented an array of positive changes. I heard comments and descriptions of this administrator such as, "caring", "approachable", "hands on," "lovely person inside and out, "like a family member," like a daughter to me," "wonderful," etc. Every single resident spoke highly of this administrator and the entire staff at Fox Hollow! I spoke with the administrator while I was there and I trust she is advocating for updates, but what she was most proud of is the level of care. I could hear how much she cared in her voice and each of her comments.

Sometimes a quick visit to the front entry can be misleading. I am sure the person who wrote the negative review on here had concerns. However, I would rather know that the administrator and caregivers give priority to residents that are in need of assistance when faced with a choice between being prompt at an appointment or seeing to the immediate unexpected needs of a resident. From what I heard from the residents at Fox Hollow, that is indeed where their priorities are. Each resident told a story of how this was not just another assisted living facility, but a place they felt at home and well cared for, both on a professional level and a personal level. Some viewed Fox Hollow and the staff there as their second family and some simply said, "this is my family." All spoke of the activities, events, food, and the other things they felt made living at Fox Hollow comfortable. Many said that the staff always made them feel special. Not one person voiced any facility or community related concerns during my conversations with them. Therefore, I would wholeheartedly recommend this facility to the community of Eugene and beyond.

Big windows and a courtyard

I actually chose this community because the admin is wonderful. They have a great staff and they are doing the best that they can for a smaller facility. The staff is nice and likes to talk with the residents and take care of them really well. The food is pretty decent and the portions are well enough to feed my Mother. The apartment is clean and nice but came unfurnished. There are big beautiful windows and a courtyard. It really is a fantastic place. They also offer activities like have people come in and play music, art classes, and trips to town to show. I would recommend this place.

Terrible

I toured Fox Hollow while looking at communities for my mother-in-law. We got five feet into the door and immediately didn’t like it. It smelled like must and urine. It looked like it was built in 1980 and never got any updating. When we arrived, they couldn’t find the person who was supposed to give our tour, so they found someone else. The rooms were terrible and needed painting and updating. By the condition of the place, it was obvious that they were short staffed. People need to know, this place is terrible.

Nice Tour!!

I had recently taken a tour of this community and I have no complaints of how things had went for him. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions I had for them. I liked the open floor plan and thought they had nice amenities for the residents. It was just not the right fit for us in the end decision but I would recommend it to anyone.

They Try To Accomodate

They offer activities but they are not suited for my father, they are working with me . Haven't been to many meals and my dad has a restricted diet , they did try accomodate his diet but no success. They do work with you and the staff is very supportive and the facility is always clean.

Beautiful setting

It’s a beautiful setting. They are decently clean and the staff was always friendly enough. The activities are more satisfying than the care services were. Overall, we were more satisfied than not with the community.

Beautiful setting at foot of Spencer'...

Beautiful setting at foot of Spencer's Butte. Small facility; 51 residents (current has 48). 7 sizes for units from studios to one bedroom w kitchen. Rooms feel a little dormlike/institutional but facility itself does not; no long halls, well lighted, cozy seating areas break up the corridors. Homey. hard to walk the neighborhood. all units ground floor -- all on one level. Some have patio space. There is a walking path 1/3 mi long. Can handle independent living and AL; point system. Will allow private home health care worker if you prefer. Pets OK, including visitng pets. Can keep own phone number. Newspaper and mail delivery to your room (own subscription)40% of residents are fully ambulatory and active. housekeeping, linens, personal laundry, utilities & basic cable provided. Phone line separate. Nurse on staff; fully staffed 24 hours (not a nurse 24 hours). 3-5% annual increase, typically. Book club, outings, bridge games. Meet& Greet committee. State "Your residents are happy and consider you family". Manager has been there 14 years. Hospice can be involved. Minor dementia care can be handled here but if someone wanders off grounds or is intrusive to other residents will recommend other living facilities. Most people 85-98 YO, one guy is 100 now. Quite a few men, which gives it different energy.

Located in a beautiful, wooded south Eugene setting, Fox Hollow is a 51-apartment residential care community — the finest facility of its type in the Eugene area.Unlike other facilities, Fox Hollow is small enough to preserve a true home-like atmosphere. We are committed to staying at this size in order to maintain the close relationships that develop between our staff, residents and family members.