We are calling you now to better understand your needs.
|Room Type||Monthly Range* (USD)|
Get Pricing >
Get Pricing >
Click Here to Get Pricing: Get Pricing
* Published prices are provided by the providers themselves, not by reviewers. Actual quotes may differ from what is presented based on timing and services required.
- Minimum Age of Accepted Residents
- Activities Onsite
- Indoor Common Areas
- Meals Provided
- Nurses on Staff
- Complimentary Transportation
- Activities Offsite
- Outdoor Common Areas
- Beauty & Barber Services
- Pets Allowed
- No Smoking Allowed in Private Areas Indoors
- No Smoking Allowed in Public Areas Indoors
- Wheelchair Accessible Showers
- Resident Parking Available
- Male Residents Accepted
- Female Residents Only
- Homecare Onsite
Welcome to Chestnut Square at The Glen…an independent senior living community centrally located in the heart of The Glen, a master planned community. Chestnut Square offers older adults a secure retirement lifestyle that is active, rich and fulfilling. Boasting deluxe one and two bedroom floor plans and a complete array of services and amenities, we offer a warm, gracious living environment. Visit the Country Café, read a book in the library, or sit by the fireplace and enjoy a good conversation with friends.
Designed in an elegant prairie style, our community is a truly beautiful place to call home. And since we provide all of your normal maintenance and weekly housekeeping service, you will have the time and freedom to enjoy life and pursue your interests! You can step out your front door and find yourself surrounded by beauty and activity, right in the heart of The Glen! Walk to Town Center and enjoy a move or stroll through the shops. Dine out at top of the line restaurants, enjoy the 140 acre park of gardens or socialize at the Glenview Senior Center just across the street.
With over 120 years of experience in senior housing and healthcare, Bethany Methodist Communities is proud to be the non-profit owner and operator of Chestnut Square. Chestnut Square’s sister community, The Bethany Terrace, is only minutes away and specializes in a variety of extended care programs. Residents of Chestnut Square have priority access to the Terrace, if such a need should ever arise. And coming soon…Terrace Gardens, Assisted Living at its finest!
Chestnut Square at the Glen is located in Glenview, Illinois. Glenview is an upscale suburb in Cook County. It is located on the North Shore of Chicago. It is known for having some of the best high schools in the United States.
- Median age: 42 years of age.
- Senior housing facilities: there are over 15 facilities located in the village.
- Weather: the average temperature in Glenview is 50 degrees.
- Train stations: there are two train stations located in the village:
- The DowntownMetra/Amtrak Station located at 1116 Depot Street
- The Glen of North Glenview Metra Station located at 3000 Old Will Road
- Buses: Pace has a variety of different bus routes you can use to get to other parts of the Chicago area.
- Taxis: The 303/NORTH Suburban Yellow is located right in the city.
- Rideshares: Glenview offers Uber rideshare services.
Health and Safety
- Hospital: The Glenbook Hospital is located right in the village. It is a 173-bed, surgical center that also has emergency services.
- Crime Rate: The crime rate in Glenview is very low. You will see police in the area and they do respond quite quickly.
Sports and Leisure
The Glenview Park District operates the parks and park facilities in the village.
- Outdoor pools:
- Flick Park
- Roosevelt Park
- Glenview Ice Center
- Two golf courses
- Glenview National 9 Golf Club
- Glenview Park Golf Club
- Glenview Tennis Club
- Wagner Farm
- Grove National Historic Landmark
- Kent Fuller Air Station Prairie & Evelyn Pease Tyner Interpretive Center
- Park Center
- Scram Memorial Chapel
- Outdoor skating and sledding
- Many parks
- The East Wing Glenview Senior Center which has many services, including:
- A health club
- Swimming pool
- Craft classes
- Walking track
- Exercise classes
- Computer lab
- Special events
Shopping and Entertainment
- Shopping: There is plenty of shopping available in Glenview, one of the more popular spots being The Glen Towne Center. The Towne Center has everything from large-scale department stores to movie theatres. If you are looking for dining, you can find a wide variety at the Towne Center as well.
- Grocery Stores: There are a wide variety of different grocery stores in the village, one of the more popular being Heinen's.
- Libraries: The Glenview Public Library is located right on Glenview Road. The library is open 7 days a week. One program of interest to many seniors is GLENergy, an educational Friday afternoon break held in the Community Room. GLENergy is a partner program with the Village of Glenview Senior Services and North Shore Senior Center.
You will find a wide variety of churches in Glenview. Some of the more popular places of worship include:
- Cornerstone Evangelical Free Church
- Glenview Community Church
- Glenview United Methodist Church
- Holy Trinity Lutheran Church
- North Branch Bible Church
- St. David's Episcopal Church