Families Beware!

Families Beware! This facility has major staffing issues - starting with the Facility Director, who does not come across being sincere. Under his tenure, we have caught three nurses/aides sleeping on the job; had too many medication issues to count- prescriptions not being administered, lost medications, lapses in reordering, etc.; housekeeping issues; and there seems to be a revolving door on staff at all levels (in 3 years this is this second Facility Director, 3rd Nursing Director, etc. and countless aides have come and gone. I have moved my Father out of this facility and they still not have returned all my Father's meds - and now are refusing to return my phone calls. My Father’s physician has been a first-hand witness to these issues and even had spoken to staff members while she was on site.. Don't bother reporting issues to upper management- they won't return your calls either. This place is in the business to make money- not provide care for the elderly. I can count on one hand the number of reliable, kind staff members - simply not enough.
*Also note you will NOT find any information regarding the management company who runs it- it is hard to find (what does that tell you?)

Needs caring staff.

I have a parent currently living here and I am actively looking to move them elsewhere. Compared to many facilities, the price is typical, however I do not feel that we are getting what we are paying for. There is a high turnover in staff and we have a lack of confidence in getting consistent care. Only a few med techs/nurses are genuinely caring - the rest seem to work there simply to collect a paycheck. Response time is slow when serious requests are made. Administrator is a "yes man" and clearly will tell you whatever you want to hear. Overall disappointed, as this could be a nice place.

Its a really small facility which I love. The staff gives each person individual attention which is what they need. I am overall happy and my aunt is too.

Haven't been here long, but so far, great place

My mom's been there since July so it's been a short period but no complaints whatsoever. It's very clean, they're very friendly, occasionally there may be one person but that's just a personality thing. Overall, everyone's very friendly, when you come into the facility they greet you and they're very helpful. My mom just needs assistance with things, she's not independent, they handle all of the medications but my mother hasn't had any complaints and believe me she would tell me.
My mom, believe it or not, is not one to go to activities, but I think she's slowly venturing out. She'll be 88 but she's not senile whatsoever, so I think some of the activities may be geared towards people who aren't so with it. They do have outings, but my mom, given the option, would chose not to go but I know they post calendar's of activities for the month and there's always something going on 2 or 3 times a day and the foods terrific, I'd give it a 5 plus. They say when you see it you know it and when I walked in I just knew it. She's had a couple of bumps in the road but they were addressed immediately and didn't happen again.

The very best move for my Grandfather!

From the moment we walked in I knew this was the right place. Everyone made us feel so welcome. My Grandfather hasnt been this happy in years! Great food, great staff, lots of activities. He has everything he needs. He thanks me everyday for finding such a wonderful place where he can live worry free. Thank you Chestnut Grove!

Toured assisted living when...

Toured assisted living when mom was in rehab. Weird kitchen smell, residents not out and about interacting with each other; don't like location on busy corner with no green space around it; outdoor space concrete courtyard surrounded by building. BUT. Very close and memory care area is new, so worth looking at.

One of the singular attributes that we are most proud of is how involved many of our residents' families are in daily life at Chestnut Grove. Family members participate in many of our activities. We encourage family members to volunteer. And, of course, family members are ever-present regular visitors. We value our families as almost an extension of our staff. The door is always open to them as well as to friends of our residents. We also work hard to stay in close touch by phone and/or e-mail with key family members so that they are regularly updated on the care and well being of their family member.