Chesterton Manor - Chesterton, IN

Chesterton Manor - Chesterton, IN has yet not published prices.

• Skilled Nursing
  • Short Term Rehab

Review of Chesterton Manor

I would highly recommend Chesterton Manor. They care about my mother’s care and they put things in place to have her needs met. The staff treats their residents with respect. That is a sense of security for me. The place is clean and they have wonderful meals. They give their residents choices with table cloths and flowers on the tables. There is good communication between the staff and the family. Several staff members updated me on my mother's care. I did not have to ask them, they came to me.

Review of Chesterton Manor

There are so many staff members that have gone above and beyond so far. Everyone in therapy has been excellent! I always have to update the nursing staff about certain things but the care is very good. The cleanliness is good but the odor needs improvement. The meals are usually very good.

Review of Chesterton Manor

It is still early for us but so far from what I have encountered, it has been good.

Review of Chesterton Manor

The staff makes you feel at home and it gives you a good feeling knowing your loved one is in good hands. The aides treat him really well.

Review of Chesterton Manor

The staff is very caring and wonderful and I feel like family. The nurse, the aides, and everyone in PT are all good. They are great at communication!

Review of Chesterton Manor

We have been so impressed with Chesterton Manor. First and foremost there are two employees that are the reason we are there. They have just been incredibly influential, and every little question we have had, they are just right there to help. They have taken a lot of time with us throughout the process and have done their best to fix every little concern we have had. I would also like to mention that the PT and OT have been very helpful. So far my mom has eaten everything they have served and she is quite the picky eater. I would absolutely recommend the facility to a friend.

Review of Chesterton Manor

The staff was very friendly to my loved one. He can be a little picky but the meals were fine.

Review of Chesterton Manor

Overall, the therapy services went well for my loved one. There needs to be better communication from the administrative side.

Review of Chesterton Manor

They seem to be doing a good job taking care of her and she is a difficult resident, to it put it mildly! They are doing a good job with her. They're really friendly and helpful. All the people in the office have been really good. It's an older facility, so it has a few battle scars but, they keep it clean. They've been really good about communicating.

Review of Chesterton Manor

It is a whole adjustment because it’s new to us. It is clean and the staff are all nice and professional. All of the meals look good to me. The communication was very good and they call all of my family members to give us all updates on her.

Review of Chesterton Manor

I just want her to finish her medications and get out of there. I only talked to two people there and they were friendly to me on the phone. My loved one's room is pretty clean. I guess the meals were ok because my mom would complain if they were bad.

Review of Chesterton Manor

They have been real good to my mother. We were nervous at first, but it's been working out great! They are always doing a great job. Everybody is friendly. My mom walks around and has a great time. My mom's room is always clean, and her bed is always made. Every time I go in there, I don't see any trash laying around. They have also modernized things there. They worked with her and if she didn't like some of the meals, they would get her something else. They always call me about anything that goes on with my mom, even to tell me she is having a good day.

Review of Chesterton Manor

Overall, it was great. There's a ton of people that are very friendly. Some meals she does like and some she doesn't.

Review of Chesterton Manor

The staff all love my sister. They take really good care of her. The staff is super personable and very conscientious. Activities staff help her a lot and keep her busy. The entire staff all does a good job of communicating.

Review of Chesterton Manor

The staff is providing good care of her there, and they are knowledgeable. The nurses are very caring and keep me informed if anything is wrong. The CNA is compassionate and caring. The housekeeping staff is all good. The place has no odor, it is mopped and the garbage is always emptied. The tables are always clean. My mom really enjoys the meals and the diet they are feeding her. The entire staff, including the social worker, always communicate with me.

Review of Chesterton Manor

Everyone cares about her. She feels like she is home and she has been there quite awhile. Every time I have been there it is wonderful. The staff is very friendly. The meals looked tasty to me. They communicate with me.

Review of Chesterton Manor

Everyone has been great. The nurses are all really good. The facility is very clean and there is no odor ever in the building. I would definitely recommend the facility.

Review of Chesterton Manor

The staff and nurses are good. Their communication is great.

Review of Chesterton Manor

She has been there a long time and I have never had any issues. For as long as she has been here, she has developed a relationship with those who have been here. The aides go the extra mile with the residents and are very friendly. The housekeeping goes above and beyond! They are always cleaning and the laundry is done by the next day. They are on top of everything. The meals are well balanced. It is nice they have a menu to pick from if they do not want what is being served for the day. The nursing care is adequate, it depends on who is working. I do not know about the protocol for the nursing but she does not get her blood pressure taken every day. some are very good and some just put in eight hours and do as little as possible. They are overworked. They are usually on top of it with communication but it is a hit or miss depending on who is working.

Review of Chesterton Manor

She likes it very well. They are very nice people. The meals are good. I just wish that they were a little more authoritative on the exercises. I think that cleanliness is okay.

Review of Chesterton Manor

He knows everybody there. They come in and check on him and goof around with him. They keep us informed on everything. They are very cordial and are all very pleasant. It's clean. It's not a dingy place by any means. The communication is over the top! The nurses keep us updated.

Review of Chesterton Manor

I have no issues with them. The staff is all pretty good. The meals are good. Their communication is great and there are no problems.

Review of Chesterton Manor

I have no complaints. They seem to treat him really nice. He had a problem and therapy helped correct it. The staff is pretty good. Nursing care is great. If I ask them a question, they gladly answer the question I have. He is eating better. His room is always clean. So far, communication is good.

Review of Chesterton Manor

The therapy is good and they give me updates constantly. They talk to me about the progress. When she came in there she could not do much and with the help, she is slowly improving and that is a plus. Cleanliness is good. I thought the food was excellent. So far communication is pretty good and they always give us updates. The nurse asks how my mom is doing and all the people in therapy talk to us.

Review of Chesterton Manor

Everyone there is so kind and sweet to her. They give her a lot of attention. The meals always look very good and appetizing. She picks what she wants. They feed her if she is not feeling well. I am always in the loop and they call me if there are any problems. They are all sweet especially her nurse. The social worker is wonderful. The kitchen staff is great and asks what she likes.

Review of Chesterton Manor

My mother used to go there and that's why I decided to bring him there. I've had a great experience with them and the staff is excellent. Any little thing that happens, I get a call right away. The nurses and social worker are great.

Review of Chesterton Manor

They're pushing her but in a polite way. It's just good. The building is a little older, but everybody seems polite. When I go in there's more than one nurse. The staff works together and are very friendly! It's very clean. Whenever she presses her button for help, they are there within a couple of minutes. There's no sitting there for a while.

Review of Chesterton Manor

I like the nurses. I like how they treat my loved one. They are very friendly. They always have a smile on their face. I like the dining room. They have good meals here.

Review of Chesterton Manor

Mom likes most of the nurses and aides. She has her own room there and has a lot of independence. They are very good with mom. Things have improved with the new administrator. The diet is good. The cleaning crew, for the most part, is good. Some care more than others. Activities group, there are some who are absolutely in love with what they do. The food is good for the budget. It's really hard to make it too exciting. They do the best with what they have. My mother selects her own menu. It would be nice if they did fresh fruit more frequently. They go above and beyond! I would recommend the place and I have. They have been doing very well with communication over the past year. They tell me everything. She would appreciate a little more help with toileting. She needs to be pushed more in therapy. They let her get away with a little too much.

Review of Chesterton Manor

Staff is always very pleasant to my mother. She is well taken care of. The place is clean but old and could use some upgrades. There is sometimes an odor. The meals are good but she is on a diet restriction for certain things and they seem to end up on her tray. Communication is good. They contact me when something is going on.

Review of Chesterton Manor

She is very well taken care of. I have had other loved ones use the facility as well in the past and they received excellent care then too. She really wanted to come here, and so far she's been very well taken care of and happy. The nurses are very good. The food always looks so good. I thought the lasagna looked delicious. They are very good with their communication. The only thing I can really say is, there is not a lot of sunlight that comes through her room.

Review of Chesterton Manor

I think the nurses are fabulous. They pay attention to his needs. The nurses are very attentive to him and they are very cooperative with the family. The aides are phenomenal and are caring and attentive to him as well. They do a pretty good job with meals and dining. I think they try to do a good job. The aides need to be more proactive with communicating with him. I let them know I want information on how he is doing.

Review of Chesterton Manor

The staff and nursing care are good. There's a new crew there but they are all friendly. The meals could use some improvement. He does not always get what he wants or needs.

Review of Chesterton Manor

They have excellent meals! The new dietician is wonderful. They have lots of changes in staff but they are good.

Review of Chesterton Manor

The staff is all good with her. They are good about cleaning up when there is a mess. My loved one's room is pretty clean. They are all really good about communicating and reaching out to me. I appreciate the service. It is an older facility but is still run as good as can be.

Review of Chesterton Manor

Staff is good. The place is clean.

Review of Chesterton Manor

The staff and nursing care is good. The communication is also good.

Review of Chesterton Manor

They are really good at calling or letting me know if something happens. The nurses are good and really nice. The staff is very friendly. The cleanliness is good. She seems to be really enjoying her food.

Review of Chesterton Manor

The staff is friendly. The communication is good. She doesn't like the meals.

Review of Chesterton Manor

My loved one's bed is very clean. Her hair and clothes are clean. The nurses are very good. The staff is super and know the patients so well, it's excellent care. She is really liking the meals.

Review of Chesterton Manor

The nursing team is good. Their communication is good also. Staff is friendly.

Review of Chesterton Manor

My loved one seems to be happy with the meals. They have been very good about informing me along the way. There have been a couple of issues with the staff, some of them haven't been the friendliest at times.

Review of Chesterton Manor

The staff is good and friendly but she complains about the meals all the time.

Review of Chesterton Manor

They have been wonderful to me and they have made the experience so much better. Holiday meals are wonderful and they pay close attention to detail for the patients. Communication is really good.

Review of Chesterton Manor

Everybody there is nice. The place is nice and clean. Sometimes the service isn't so great. They are short on help. The food is inconsistent and it's never on time.

Review of Chesterton Manor

The staff is pretty good. They do a good job with the meals. The administration is better now. The nurse does well with my mom. The rehab therapy has gone fairly well but they do not have enough of this. I think cleanliness needs to be updated but they do fairly well to keep up. There was a water problem that took too long to fix. There was some difficulty with communication and I was not notified but It is better now. It is not excellent but better.

Review of Chesterton Manor

We communicate a lot. They are working hard on meals. We still have issues with how things are being managed.

Review of Chesterton Manor

The nurses are good. One has been especially helpful so far. They have lost several items of hers.

Review of Chesterton Manor

When we first got there I loved the place. Everyone was really caring. But after a short while, things changed and my mother doesn't get the care she is supposed to get. When I talked to the social worker, she gives me an attitude to the point where I don't even want to talk to her anymore. So much turnover lately it's unbelievable and it affects the care a lot. Cleanliness is not the same. It is not as clean as it used to be.

Review of Chesterton Manor

Some of the staff is good. They do not have a consistency of staffing and there is a high turnover.

Review of Chesterton Manor

We have only been there a couple of months, but my loved one is getting the care she needs. I do not see any problems. It is very good at this point. The nursing care is excellent. There is one nurse that is especially nice and friendly. The staff care is very good. They are always very friendly. I have never found it dirty at all. She is picky, and they do have a lot of selection for food.

Review of Chesterton Manor

They did not have the care my mom needed there for her condition, and they said they were trained for it. She was there for ten days, and I had to take her out of there. The nurses are very busy, and she was not cared for in the capacity I wanted. When I got there she was in the hallway alone, and she was all clammy and white, and she was battling an infection. She was nervous, and there was no one-on-one communication. There were a lot of things I thought that were not professional. One of the staff members was very immature and did not know how to talk with my mom, and I complained to the nurse about her. I found my mom without underwear. They did not move the other patient's belongings in her room and did not clean it. The staff's friendliness was beautiful, and they knew me by my name and they seemed trained that way. The food was pretty good. From what I saw and when I talked to the therapist there, they were good. The bill they gave me was very high for ten days.

Residents always come first at Chesterton Manor Health Care Center. We strive to maintain the privacy, dignity, and integrity of each of our residents. Our passionate and experienced care team provides 24-hour skilled nursing care, and our rehabilitation therapists specialize in treating a variety of health conditions. In addition to short-term rehabilitation, we also provide long-term care, respite care, and hospice care.

We know how important it is to find healthcare customized to fit your unique needs, so our team works to provide just the right level of care and support for all of our residents. We provide a variety of amenities and activities to keep our residents happy and engaged. Families and volunteers are always welcome to participate!