Cherrywood Pointe - Roseville, MN

5 Star Community

This community has been very welcoming and caring for my mothers needs. She has made friends and joins in the activities that are offered. The food is also good. The staff members are respectable in all forms. The only complaint I have is that they can improve their cleaning. So far my mom has said the staff has been only able to vacuum her room. I would recommend this community if they can afford it.

I think the staff is good, and the care is good.

I think the staff is good, and the care is good. I think my loved one is safe and well cared for. I like that the memory unit we are in has a pretty diverse group. They have been very responsive to things that we need on the administrative end. They keep an eye on people and really check in on my loved one's needs. So far I feel they have done a good job.

No complaints here

I really liked the facility and glad we chose it. The staff is very attentive and always knowledgeable.

This is a bright, clean facility with great open spaces and nicely decorated meeting and gathering spaces. We had lunch here and it was very good. Both my mom and I found Kari so friendly and easy to talk with. She was very knowledgeable and put my mom at ease immediately. We looked at a one bedroom apartment in the assisted living neighborhood and it was clean and felt new and open and spacious.

nice place, nice people

My mother-in-law has lived here for 1 1/2 years. She has a lovely efficiency apartment. The staff are friendly & patient with her. She has many health issues and needs help from the aides. Most of the aides are African and she's struggled a bit with understanding their accents but she likes them. I recommend meeting with the medical staff first, even if your parent(s) won't need care right away, so that you know what they can & can't do for them if the need arises. She hasn't taken advantage of the activities so I can't truly comment on them but there seems to be a lot of variety.

Nice place, overall

So far things have gone very well with Cherrywood Pointe. It's a very nice looking new facility, and I like the set-up. I like that the memory care section has access to a secure outside patio area. The staff have all been very friendly and professional, and for the most part the care provided has been very good. They do seem a bit short staffed at times. I think they could do a bit better when it comes to adhering to the laundry/bathing/room cleaning schedules, and could do better communicating these schedules to families.

Kari Kari

Thank you for your feedback! I have shared the points you brought up with our team. This is a good learning opportunity for us so we can continue to improve and provide quality service!

Cherrywood Pointe was a wonderful pla...

Cherrywood Pointe was a wonderful place for my Mom's respite care. The staff was very attentive to any questions or concerns we had. The food was very good and the activities were very helpful in keeping the residents occupied and active. The caregivers were friendly and showed great care toward the residents.

We came for a tour and they weren't ready to give us a presentation.

We came for a tour and they weren't ready to give us a presentation. They didn't really sell us on them. We never saw one resident who lived there. That didn't seem right, we asked if they were doing an activity or at a meal. They were just in their rooms apparently. It was beautiful but I didn't like the smell. It was also mixed with assisted living and we weren't looking for that. they seemed to have a lot of different things going on.

Very good experience!

My loved ones had looked at this place before they ever needed to. So, when it came time to actually need a place, this was the obvious choice. Cherrywood Pointe is very clean and the staff are all friendly. It was a very good experience.

Place was clean and new. I...

Place was clean and new. I liked that it was smaller. I think the activities will suit my Mom well. The availability is limited. There might be a studio open soon but a one bedroom has a long wait list.

Too Big for us.

It was a nice place. I just thought that it was too big, I felt like she would get lost and become a number. It was huge!! It was clean and the people were friendly, I just couldn't see her getting much one on one attention, there.

They are wonderful people here! They work very hard to give your money's worth, they go above and beyond. It's very well run. They are a little slow sometimes with answering the bell, but some of that is my expectations. We like the food. This is a community of kindness, that surprised me, sometimes I get weepy thinking about how kind they are. We knew right away when we visited, there is a feeling of warmth, you just know that this is a place where people are going to treat you with dignity and respect. There is a value in this community that says we want people here who are going to respect the residents. It's a very small community, I would hate to see it get too big, you get to know people here. The people who run this place are just wonderful people.

Cherrywood Pointe Memory Care

It's only been about 10 days since moving my mom in so don't have much to say yet. Facility is nice and the employees have been nice. I think it will be a good place for my mom and she seems to have adjusted well so far.

Cannot actually rate all of the items below as I have not had enough time to observe/evaluate care services and activities. Should send this survey out after more time has passed.

Could be better/could be worse.

I chose Cherrywood Pointe, based on the quiet atmosphere. It is beautifully decorated, clean and very new. I wanted my dad to be in a place like this, because this is how he is used to living. The staff is courteous and friendly. They always welcome me with a warm greeting. I have been there mostly at mealtimes, when no activities are taking place. It doesn't appear that there is a lot to do, for the memory care residents. I did partake in a bowling game with my dad, which I think he liked. I would like to see more activities like this on his floor. I feel he is bored and needs some stimulation. My dad was very mechanically gifted. I would like to see some tools and maybe something to work on that would make him feel useful. Maybe, some gardening supplies, for the spring and summer months, on the patio, would be nice.
Cherrywood Pointe is caring for my dad, as much as he will allow them to. He doesn't always want help or want to participate in activities, but I would like to see them motivate him more and not just let him say "no" to everything. I am pleased that I chose Cherrywood for my dad. I feel by working with the staff at Cherrywood, we can make my dad's stay there, a positive experience for the whole family.
I am happy that my dad is close by, so that I may visit as often as I can.

Kari Kari

We really appreciate your feedback - both the positive comments and the ways in which we can improve. I've shared these comments with the team and we will work to incorporate your suggestions into our Memory Care programming to better serve your father and all our Memory Care residents.

Cherrywood Pointe should be suptitled "CHEERYwood"

Everyone is so friendly; everyone is people from the dishwashers, chef, residents, to the people who take care of the office and us!
It is very convenient to get around with elevators nearby, steps, indoor heated parking, trash and recycling near the elevators.
I feel like a queen with the ease to receive guests in this wonderful atmosphere.
Thank you so much Marcus for all your help in finding the perfect place for me!!!

I do not use services yet.

Long waiting list

They had a waiting list of 18 months because I needed a 2 bedroom. I wouldn't have surivived another 18 months and I think they were really expensive too.

Kari Kari

Thanks for the feedback! We are actually looking at a waiting of about 6 months or so - more or less depending on the type of floor plan you are looking at. Hope that helps!

Nice but Small Apartments

It was really nice but the apartments were too small - at least the apartments that the lady was able to show me.

Kari Kari

Cherrywood Pointe has floor plans that range in size from 462 square feet (studio) to 1,090 square feet (2BR) in our Independent and Assisted Living. Please feel free to give me a call back and we can set up a time with one of our current residents so you can see one of our larger apartments!

Absolutely beautiful and li...

Absolutely beautiful and livelier members, but may be harder for him to find and connect with current pals commuting from there. Nice to be living with livelier people, but that requires changing rooms when more support is needed.

Kari Kari

Thanks for the review! Just to clarify, if someone is moving from Independent Living to Assisted Living, you do not need to change apartments. If you are moving from Assisted Living to Memory Care or Care Suites, you do need to change apartments because the environment and staffing is specialized in those areas to the needs of those residents.

Lots of activities and nice...

Lots of activities and nice building .Nice tour person