Brandywine Living at Mahwah - Mahwah, NJ has yet not published prices.

Beautiful Facility

My mother is currently living at Brandywine in Mahwah. It is a great facility!! All the workers treat the residents with dignity and respect. The residents are very well cared for by nurses and doctors. The food is delicious!! Personal attention is given to all the residents. It gives me peace of mind that she is being taken care of when I’m not there. Definitely recommend the facility!!

Couldn't be happier!

My Mom lives in the memory care at this community and I couldn't be happier with the progress she has made and the way she is doing. She was living home with an aid prior to moving in and was so lonely and miserable that it made me cry on a daily basis. Moving her into this community was the best decision I ever made even though getting her to move was not the easiest process. She was very resistant and the first few days were rough but the staff was great and helped her feel at home. 3 months later she is now happier than I have seen her in a while and she has made friends and is participating in activities that I never thought she would have. There is nothing more in the world that would make me happier than the smile I now see on my mom's face when I visit her here.

My father has lived at Brandywine Mahwah for over 18 months, first in Assisted Living and currently in the Memory Care unit. I visit once a week on average. The executive director, nurses and staff are at the same time professional and compassionate. They have anticipated my father's evolving needs and tailored his care to meet them. I can rely on the executive director, on-site nurses and visiting physicians to take or promptly return my calls. The facility is beautifully maintained, with amenities that include an exercise pool and an outdoor patio dining area. I particularly appreciate the special events, which allow me to visit with Dad in an atmosphere made festive by music, decorations and special menus. Despite his challenges, Dad recognizes he's well-cared for. Can't get him to move closer to me.

Wow!

This is by far the nicest community I have ever been to. My grandmother was in another assisted living a few years prior to this one opening and I was never able to visit her as it always just made me sad. Boy do I wish she was still around to see this place. It gives the feeling of walking into a 5star hotel! She would have loved this community and I would have been here visiting daily enjoying all the fabulous amenities with her! I know where I'll be moving when the time comes!

I have been a resident at Brandywine Senior Living at Mahwah for almost a year.  I am very happy and comfortable here and I am pleased I made the decision to move here.  My apartment is spacious and well-appointed, with amenities I did not find elsewhere, such as a large bathroom with handicapped-accessible fixtures.  The bedroom is roomy with adequate closet space.  The furniture that I brought with me works nicely in the living space. The building boasts a therapy pool, well-appointed activity rooms, a large theater, and a tap room for refreshments.  Heating and cooling is comfortable and very reliable.  A powerful generator backs up the power in the building in case of an outage, and provides a steady internet signal throughout the building.  The dining experience is good, with tasty meals and snacks available all day.  A full schedule of activities and entertainment is outlined in a daily schedule.  Finally I must comment on the competent and very caring staff.  They provide a high level of care day and night and assistance is always a push of a button away.

A wonderful place for mom to live!

There aren't enough stars to express the wonderful care my mom is receiving. She suffers from dementia and requires constant care. Bless the care givers for all of their loving service. The beautiful surroundings help to make our visits pleasant. Mom always expresses how beautiful the flowers are

A wonderful place for loved ones to live and be cared for.

I am a physician and am well acquainted with assisted living facilities and nursing homes. My sister is now living at Brandywine in Mahwah. The staff is very caring and considerate. She is very happy living there.

Before this my sister was at Sunrise in Wayne for 6-7 months and the difference between these places is truly remarkable. Brandywine has physical therapy available on the premises, wonderful activities, and even a physician on site two days a week. I have described Brandywine to friends as being like a 5 star hotel.

The staff goes out of their way for everyone and the place itself is just beautiful. My sister has only been there for a few weeks and so far I am extremely impressed with this facility and the people running it.

I will comment again as time goes on.

People that care !!

My Dad has been at this Brandywine facility since it opened in July 2015. The facility is beautiful, from the large rooms, dinning room, and beautiful décor. There is also a movie theater, pub, pool, etc. This is all nice but the most important thing to me is outstanding care that they provide for my dad. I know that my dad loves Brandywine because all the aids, nurses, and management. They treat my dad special and that means the most to me. I am 100% confident that they provide the best possible care for my dad. This place is the best !

Life is beautiful at Brandywine Senior Living. We have luxurious individual suites with a private bath and kitchen area. Meanwhile, on the other side of your door are services to meet your needs, and entertainment to enliven your spirit.

With on-site–not–on–call licensed nurses only steps away, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, there is no need to worry about where to turn for care.

When not relaxing in the privacy of their own suites, our residents can enjoy good company in one of our spacious, well-appointed dining rooms or comfortable lounge areas. Likewise, they can choose to spend time in one of our landscaped courtyards, terraces, and garden areas - each a perfect setting for a leisurely conversation with family and friends. Most importantly, they are not alone anymore. Isolation and boredom are probably the two most impacting factors on aging. When you have friends, when you can laugh, when you have a reason to get up in the morning - and look forward to your day - your life is, indeed, beautiful.

Brandywine Assisted Living offers a state of the art program for those with Alzheimer’s Disease and other memory impairments. Our specialized program, Reflections, is based on the concept of providing a Relationship Based Approach to Care. Building positive relationships between residents, caregivers, families and the community through individualized care and therapeutic activities is the hallmark of our program.

City Info

Mahwah, NJ is a town with ample resources. It has a moderate climate and a vast array of communities for seniors.

- Walkability Score: The walkability score of Mahwah is 23.
- Average Age: The average age of residents in Mahwah is 45 to 64. The percentage of residents over 65 is approximately 14.
- Senior Facilities: There are approximately 185 housing facilities for seniors in Mahwah.
- Weather: Mahwah residents enjoy a humid continental climate with four distinct seasons.
- Veterans Facilities: Mahwah is served by the Paramus Veterans Memorial Home, which provides valuable resources to veterans and their families in Bergen County.

Transportation

Mahwah has a number of transportation options for residents, which makes getting around town easy.

- Buses: Mahwah is served by an excellent bus system. Service runs all the way to midtown Manhattan with plenty of stops in between.
- Trains: Residents who prefer train travel can use the New Jersey Transit, which travels from Mahwah to Hoboken.
- Taxis: For residents who prefer a private car, Mahwah has an ample array of taxi services to choose from.
- Rideshares: Another option for getting around Mahwah is rideshare services such as Uber.

Health and Safety

Mahwah residents have a variety of choices when it comes to their medical care. Mahwah is one of the safest communities in New Jersey, which is another reason why this town is a great place for seniors to call home.

- Hospitals: There are several hospitals and medical centers in and around Mahwah, including Valley Regional Medical Center and Good Samaritan Hospital.

- Crime Rate: Mahwah has a crime rate of 4.48 per 1,000 residents. Not only is it ranked as one of the safest places to live in New Jersey, but it's also one of the safest towns in the United States.

Sports and Leisure

Seniors can easily enjoy an active lifestyle in Mahwah, NJ. The town has multiple recreational facilities and parks as well as its own senior activity center.

- Golf Courses: Mahwah is home to the beautiful Darlington Golf Course. It has a 73.7 USGA rating and was designed by renowned architect Nicholas Psiahas.
- Tennis Courts: Residents of Mahwah enjoy access to a number of tennis courts and clubs, including Champion Tennis & Golf and Quest Tennis.
- Gyms: The YWCA of Bergen County has a gym and several exercise programs created for seniors. Other gyms in Mahwah where seniors can stay in shape include SnapFitness and New York Sports Clubs.

Shopping and Entertainment

- Clothes Shopping: Seniors can maintain a stylish wardrobe and shop for gifts easily in Mahwah thanks to the spacious Mahwah Shopping Center.

- Grocery Stores: There are a number of grocery stores to choose from in Mahweh, including specialty and gourmet stores as well as chain supermarkets like Stop & Shop.

- Restaurants: Seniors who enjoy dining out have plenty of options. The town has casual dining establishments and fine restaurants. In terms of cuisine, there's everything from Italian to Chinese and beyond.

- Movie Theaters: The Mahwah area is home to the elegant and historic Ramsey Theater, which shows the latest releases and has special screenings and events.

- Libraries: The Mahwah Public Library offers residents free book rentals and other resources. The library hosts a large number of community events, many of which are especially for seniors.

- Salons: Mahwah has an array of salons and barber shops from which to choose. Options include Supercuts and the senior friendly, locally owned Riccio Salon.

- Attractions: There are plenty of fun things to do in Mahwah. Seniors can enjoy local culture and socialization at the Mahwah Museum, which hosts lots of enriching and educational events.