Nothing but Good Things to Say About This Community

We have nothing but good things to say about this community. My mother in law is doing wonderful with her move to this community. We feel she is safe, and in good hands. They have a wonderful staff at this community. I go to visit her often, and I feel I've known the residents for years. They are very friendly, and welcoming. The community is always nice, and clean. They offer activities daily for the residents. Everything is working out very well for us in this community, and I would recommend it.

Over the Top!!

My mother in law is starting to adjust and have a routine since her move to this community. The place is very nice, were very happy it worked out. The place is always kept very clean and they always keep her very clean as well. My mother in law has always been a picky eater, and she is eating everything they serve here. She loves the food. They have a lot of activities, and the staff is always very encouraging for her to join, they don't let her just stay in her room, She's happy and that's what matters.

very small. old house atmosphere with personal attention.

Place is clean (they were cleaning the bathroom when we dropped in) but there are no private baths. One bath is shared with another room but otherwise there is only one other bath for personal hygiene. Most of the rooms are shared with another person.

Great start!

They have been wonderful for my mother in law - personal service and undertanding especially as she adjusted to life at West wind...Kathy is terrific...

My tour with the director at Westwind...

My tour with the director at Westwind Manor was terrific. He couldn't have been more pleasant or informative. Dan had already addressed all the topics and any extra questions that I may have had. The manor is beautifully restored and clean as a whistle. All the staff that I met were very wecoming and although I did not see them interacting with the residents at this time, I had a "good feeling" about them. I was particularly impressed with the level of personal care provided as far as video cameras in living room, dining area, and hallways. Some residents also had personal alert monitoring. Residents had 24 hr. care available. I was also happy, especially because of my parents' health issues, to hear that the manor will soon be apprved as a skilled heath facility providing 24 hr. nursing care. The director was very hospitable, inviting us and our family members to visit at any time to partake in the scheduled activities or meals provided by their many-years experienced cook. Judging by the smell of their midday meal being prepared, I wish I had had the time to stay! The only negative, which for me is not one, is that the manor has the feel of a bed and breakfast in an historic setting. All in all, I would feel more than comfortable leaving my parents in the care of the director and his staff. They are very proud of this home and should be! For my first visit to an assisted-living residence, others that I view will have a standard to uphold.