We are calling you now to better understand your needs.
Centerbridge II - Bridgewater, NJ has yet not published prices.
About Centerbridge II - Bridgewater, NJ
Bridgewater is a thriving community located in central New Jersey. It is a diverse community, which offers many options for activities and transportation, making it a great location for seniors.
Although the walkability score is low, Bridgewater offers many choices of transportation for shopping and leisure activities.
- Walkability: Bridgewater has a walk score of 21 out of a possible 100.
- Average age of population: 42 years
- Senior Housing: There are 3 senior living residences located in Bridgewater with many others in nearby towns
- Average temperature: A very mild climate with an average temperature of 38 degrees in winter and 85 degrees in summer
Bridgewater offers numerous options for transportation. Many public transport systems have reduced rates for seniors and others are free.
- County Shuttle Service: Includes the SCOOT Bus and CAT (Community Access Transit) Somerset County Public Transit
- Paratransit: offers rides to seniors at reduced rates for shopping and medical appointments
- Senior Center: Offers free rides for shopping and activities at the Center
- Ridewise: A taxi service, which is staffed by volunteers and offers rides on demand at reduced rates for seniors
Health and Safety
Bridgewater is considered to be in the top 30 percent of safe communities with a low crime rate and good access to health care centers.
- Crime Score: Bridgewater scores 71 out of a possible 100 (which is the safest)
- Healthcare: There are two health centers in Bridgewater, an Urgent Care, and Physical Therapy clinic, with many others in nearby towns.
- Hospitals: Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital is in the nearby town of Somerville
Bridgewater and Somerset County offer a full range of services to veterans. For a complete list of services go to their website for Veteran Services.
- American Legion
- Disabled American Veterans
- Veterans Health Administration
Sports and Leisure
Bridgewater has a very active Senior Center, which offers a wide variety of activities. Free rides are available to all activities at the center. There are also many opportunities for recreation in the town.
- Senior Center: Various fitness classes, including dance fitness, weight training, and yoga. Jewelry making, mahjong, line dancing, cooking and computer classes are also available. For a full schedule, see their website at Senior Events Calendar
- Snyder's Farm: located in nearby Somerset, the farm allows visitors to pick their own fresh produce
- Grape Expectations: This winery offers hands-on learning about the entire process of winemaking from picking the grapes to bottling the finished product
- The Somerset Patriots: offers baseball fans a chance to root for the home team at this minor league ballpark
- The Meadows Foundation: offers tours of historic Dutch homes
- Somerset County Gardens
- Brook Arts Center: experience the nostalgia of vaudeville movies and live shows
- Farmstead Arts Center: offers art, music and theater shows
- Golf: Neshanic Valley Golf course has three challenging 9 hole courses
Shopping and Entertainment
Bridgewater has a large shopping mall, which contains over 175 restaurants and stores. There are many discount and specialty stores in the area as well.
- Bridgewater Commons: shopping mall with department stores, specialty shops and restaurants
- Somerset Shopping Center: a smaller shopping center but has specialty shops such as Barnes and Noble, Christmas Tree Shops, Dress Barn and Payless Shoe Source
There are many restaurants in Bridgewater and nearby towns that offer everything from fine dining to fast food.
- Cafe Emilia: Italian fine dining
- Wolfgang's Steakhouse: located in nearby Somerville
- Time to Eat: features an American diner menu
Senior Friendly Salons
There is a great variety of choices for senior hair care in Bridgewater and in the nearby towns.
- Men: Vince's Men's Hair Stylist, Sal's Talk of Town Barber Shop
- Women: Great Length's Hair Design, 75 West Salon and Paramount Pampering Salon and Spa
- Discount: Supercuts and Great Clips
Bridgewater offers a diverse community of faith.
- Catholic: Holy Trinity, St. Bernard of Clairvaux and St. Joseph
- Protestant: Evangel Chapel, Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, and Grace Community Church
- Jewish: Temple Sholom, Temple Beth-El, and Congregation Knesseth Israel
- Muslim: Muslim Center of Somerset County
- Hindu: Sri Venkateswara Temple
Bridgewater has much to offer seniors. Its mild climate, convenient transportation service, and vibrant attractions make it a great choice for seniors.