Castle Canyon Assisted Living - Chandler, AZ

Castle Canyon has a patient who is receiving Hospice services. The caregiver working there stated that the Hospice provider was responsible for changing the patient’s brief and getting him up in the morning. The caregiver stated that the patient would have to lay in a wet brief until someone from Hospice came to see him. However, this is actually not the job of the Hospice provider, and just because a patient is on supplemental services does not mean that the assisted living does not need to care for the patient. This is illegal because this patient is paying Castle Canyon for these services and they are not providing it. This will be reported to the proper agencies.

Phenomenal, 5+ Stars

If there is such a thing as a 5 stars plus place, this is it. Castle Canyon is such a new place, my mother was the first resident to move in. The community is absolutely beautiful, and so well decorated. You would not believe the job the owners have done. The flower garden reminds my mother of home, and she loves to be able to go out and relax there. The owners and staff are phenomenal; so nice, and the food is so good you would not believe it. They come and ask what you’d like to eat, and they are perfectly willing to accommodate special needs and requests. I would absolutely recommend Castle Canyon to other families.

Clean community

Castle Canyon Assisted Living was a clean and well-kept community that we toured. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable and answered all of our questions. We chose another community that was a little fancier for my mom's needs and that provided more female residents.

Care for my Uncle

Just wanted to let everyone know that my Godfather/Uncle [Removed] was in this home, and had wonderful people caring for him. We could visit whenever, and the home was always very clean and the care-givers were always welcoming. He was definitely in good hands and the whole family knew it. I highly recommend Castle Canyon Assisted Living #1.

Incredible Place, like Home

I can’t say enough wonderful things about Castle Canyon Assisted Living. My father, whom had Alzheimer’s, was a resident of their home. The couple who lives there and takes care of the residents are like family. My father was so well cared for and attended to by this couple that he absolutely loved them and loved living there. They are very respectful, kind, caring and attuned to what someone with dementia needs and well equipped to take care of him both physically and emotionally. Each time I went to the home, whether morning or evening, it was immaculately clean. My father loved the home cooked meals that were made for him and the other residents and loved to tell us about them. Also, the owners of the home whom were also incredibly kind and understanding, were always accessible if needed. Unfortunately, my father passed away from Alzheimer’s, but he was allowed to live in his “home” until the very end, which is not always an option at some homes. It gives me and my family such peace knowing that my father was in a place (just like home), with round-the-clock care, from loving people who truly care about the residents. I am forever grateful to Castle Canyon for not only giving my father a safe, loving home, but giving us family members the peace of mind to not worry about whether or not our dad was being taken care of. Very thankful for finding this incredible place.

Castle Canyon is beautiful!!!

I would recommend this community to family and friends. I have not had a chance to try the food but my dad does like some of it. When he moved in his companion gave them a list of foods he likes and they try and make these for him. The owners are very nice and will answer my questions and concerns. The couple that help care for my dad are great. They do not offer activities but that is ok as my Father does not participate in any.

Very nice

Castle Canyon is very nice. It is clean and nicely decorated. It is comfortable and has an inviting feel when you walk in. The staff is welcoming and they really are caring people. The food isn't bad either.

No complaints

Things are going well and so far, we do not have any complaints about the staff or the facility itself.

Amazing

My brother lives here, the place is amazing. Gee Gee runs the place she is also amazing.

I had an appt. at 3pm, the owner was not there and the caregivers that were there (which I was told was their first day) new nothing about my appointment. There was a horrible odor in the home. Not somewhere that I would want my mother to be in.

Great Home

Wonderful group home! We moved my mom from a large assisted living center where the cost kept climbing and the number of staff kept getting smaller. Great caregivers with more time available to focus on all residents needs. Highly reccomend!

Wonderful place!

They do an absolutely wonderful job at Castle Canyon Assisted living, I'd rate them higher than 5 stars if I could! We toured a few communities in the area, but as soon as we walked into this one I knew it was the one. The place just has a calm, peaceful atmosphere, and I could see that the residents were up and active. And the staff here are obviously people who love their jobs and have found their true calling. I highly, highly recommend them!

It's fabulous! It's the best place I looked at.

It's fabulous! It's the best place I looked at. It's extremely clean, there is no clutter. It's in nice neighborhoods. It's newer and they have a big great room with movie theater seats that recline, and a big screen T.V. They have accommodated her personality, and take extra attention with each resident and what their needs are. It's light and cheery, with a big backyard. They have big screen T.V.'s in their room. The food is pretty good, they want to know what you like when you come in.

The perfect place

We inquired about 30 places and this was the it! Gigi and Willy are the owners and they are awesome! I rated the activities a little lower because a lot of the people living here are really not able to participate due to their personal conditions. But those that can do. Gigi makes it fun though and plays music from their time and gets them all singing. They have also had someone come by who plays the guitar and sings a few times. Willie always makes nutritious food and jokes with the residents. The care is wonderful. Gigi and Willie have such peaceful attitudes and are helping me adjust to my Mom's new changing daily behavior as she has Alzheimer's. They have taught me to just roll with it and talk calmly to her when she gets feisty. My mom is in the "medium" stages The most difficult I have heard. She can still walk and talk but forgets everything. She still wants to put on her make-up and iron her clothes and help around the house. They have made her daily activities "safe" for her to do.

An couple examples are: She is of the generation where they iron EVERYTHING and she wasn't allowed to have an iron in her room for obvious reasons. They didn't have an ironing board because none of the other residents care or their clothes and gowns are wash and wear. Willie went and got her an ironing board and they set it up in the living room where she could still iron but under supervision. My mom also had an issue with not being able to leave and just walk out the front door when ever she wanted. They now have a "go get the mail routine" where they all go out together and walk the 3 houses down to get the mail. It is their willingness to make compromises to keep the residents safe but still let them feel that they have some control and independence. Gigi even takes my mom to the other care home when she does tours and meets with potential residents when a room becomes available, just to give her a change of scenery.

The homes also have big screen TVs in all the rooms and they will play movies for everyone in the living room.

Alzheimer's is hard on everyone. My Mom had a very traumatic time adjusting the first month because she was living alone in an apartment in OR and did everything herself. She missed her friends and I think she has since forgot them and where she used to live for the last year. She went through tantrums and meltdowns while was on the verge of a nervous breakdown and cried every time I left her wondering if I did the right thing. Now, 6 weeks later, she says there is no where else she wants to be and she is very happy there.

Castle Canyon has beautiful 2 homes that are very big 5-6 bedrooms and they are extremely clean and modern. (No clutter!) One is in Chandler on Harrison and one is on the Chandler/Gilbert boarder on Cobalt Street. My mom loves my dogs and we are allowed to bring them over to play with her in the back yard. If you want great care and in a real family home environment This place is great!

So happy with Castle Canyon!

Castle Canyon Assisted Living was recommended to our family by "A Place for Mom". This was a perfect match for our needs. Willy and Gee Gee immediately made us feel like this would be wonderful home for our father who is suffering from Alzheimers. Castle Canyon is calm and peaceful, the residents are well-cared for. Willy and Gee Gee are very knowledgeable about the assisted living industry and guided us in applying for hospice and several other services that would provide for my fathers comfort. Their care and concern for the immediate family as well as the residents has been overwhelming, especially during a time when making difficult decisions has been extremely painful. I would highly recommend this facility.

Castle Canyon is an Assisted Living Facility located in Chandler that provides a safe, secure and home-like atmosphere for the elderly. We serve the special living requirements of seniors and the needs of their families with commitment to respect for individual dignity and traditional values.