I was impressed from the first moment I stepped inside the door. The tour that [Name removed] provided further added to my positive view. The atmosphere is warm and welcoming, clean and lends no sense of "retirement" home feeling. The apartments are nice and the free laundry rooms on each floor are an added plus. I got the chance to speak with some current residents who gave rave reviews, unsolicited. On site personal care companies/services were also a huge plus, if needed. The dining room was lovely and the green house and outside space provide for a nice get away... on site. Reserved parking spot also a bonus! If money wasn't a consideration, I would have signed on the dotted line immediately. Unfortunately, being a private pay site, my parent's funds would run out in about 7 years' time. Having said that, this is not an overpriced facility for what you get... especially when comparing others. It is simply our reality of minimal assets. I would recommend this lovely "Casa" to anyone.

True, sincere care from Pamela and the staff towards their residents, and those looking to move to Casa San Carlo

I wanted to take a moment to highly recommend [name removed] and the folks at Casa San Carlo.

As much as it ended up that my grandmother had to go into long-term nursing care to receive 24-hour attention, Casa San Carlo was not only the place where she wanted to be more than anything, but [name removed] help, kindness, and personal interest in meeting with my grandmother to see what we could do was above and beyond the call.

Again, if it weren't for my grandmother's situation changing, she would be at Casa San Carlo not just for what the facility has to offer, but for the clear, sincere care that people like [name removed] have for their residents.

Pamela Wyatt

Thank you so much for your kind words; they mean the world! I loved meeting with your grandmother! Truly, I'm grateful to have met her and so glad that you found a place that better fit her needs. Again, thank you!

Perfect, close to my house, within my price range for a 2br. Large rooms, perfect space for mom. Next step is to get her out here to see it. I think she will love it. Plus they have a Month of March move in special.

Pamela Wyatt

Thank you. If your mom hasn't been here yet, we'd love to me her. FYI - We have a May special too! It's actually the most significant amount of savings we'll offer all year!

Casa, The friendly affordable home.

The staff at Casa San Carlo is very friendly and most accommodating. They treat the residence with dignity and care. The only complaint my aunt [Name removed] has had is that she cannot control her own thermostat. It is very small and the numbers are an able to be read easily. Other than that, my aunt is happy in her apartment, in fact she loves her apartment.

Pamela Wyatt

Please know that your aunt is free to change the thermostat to something that is easier for her to read and control! That said, I'm so glad to hear she loves her apartment, and I will certainly pass your compliments on to our associates! Thank you!

Great value!

My mother did not think she would find a place to live that had everything she wanted: clean, friendly, active, full amenities, daily church, good food - when we toured Casa, my mother immediately said that she did not to look any further - she actually cried, because she couldn't believe she found all of this for a price she could afford! Now that she has been there 6 months, she is still very happy with her choice, has made new friends, and tells me that she is 'as busy as I want to be'!

Pamela Wyatt

Thank you so much for your kind review! I remember the day that you toured - our Hawaiian Luau - and I immediately liked her as much than she liked Casa! She is a wonderful addition to the Casa family and I couldn't imagine not having her here!

I love it here!

When I was looking at communities, having a mass service was really important to me. With Casa San Carlo, they have a mass every single day! The staff bends over backward continuously to make sure my stay is better. In the mornings, the person who does the rounds makes sure you're up and moving around. If something happens, they’re there for you right away. Everyone is just so friendly and personable here. When it comes to the food, it’s really good. There are so many choices to cater to everyone needs and it’s restaurant style with a menu. I really like all of the activities they offer as well. The have scrabble, poker, and bingo. I love this community and I would definitely recommend it to anyone.

Pamela Wyatt

We are thrilled to hear that you are taking advantage of the spiritual & activity programming and have had such wonderful experiences with our staff! Thank you for your review and for your decision to make Casa your home!!

Happy to find a great place for my mom.

My mother recently moved to Casa after my dad passed. I couldn’t be happier with her over all experience at Casa. The entire staff are kind, helpful and welcoming. I feel she is in great hands and safe there. The overall value is great .

Pamela Wyatt

We love having your mom here; she gets along with everyone, is always willing to help or just sit down to chat!! Great people make Casa a great place to be - and she is certainly one of them! Thank you!

Our new home

We like living in this community. The staff are nice and caring for the needs that we have. The community is always clean. We like knowing that we can cook if we choose to or we can enjoy the menu. The staff try and help us get involved with the other residents, but not at this time. We would recommend this community for others to call home for a good value for care.

Pamela Wyatt

We are so thrilled to hear your life at Casa is going so well! Your recommendation is our highest compliment!

I love it here!!

I am doing very well since my move into Casa San Carlo. My apartment is very comfortable and I love the attitude of the workers. Everyone there is very nice to me. I get housekeeping once a month, and the community itself is kept very clean. I have had a really good experience so far!

Pamela Wyatt

I am thrilled to hear how wonderful your Casa experience has been! We truly pride ourselves in our sense of community and wonderful people - residents and associates alike! Thank you, again, for choosing Casa; we are so glad to have you here!

A culture of kindness and caring!!

Our 94 year old very independent mother recently moved into the Casa. After our one and only initial visit, she didn't want to look elsewhere! Every member of the staff was genuinely happy and excited to welcome her into their "Casa Family". The facility is expertly maintained with attention to details. Her apartment meets all of her needs - and then some! The schedule of activities enriches both the body and soul. We all couldn't be happier with our choice.

Great, Affordable Retirement Community

The people there are very friendly, the accommodations are wonderful and it is affordable! I moved my mother in and she is very happy.

Even though this wasn't our first choice of location. The pricing of this facility would have been perfect. The Mass & Rosary Services too. The residents seemed very happy. As of right now, my Mother will not part with her Puppy. Dogs are not allowed here.

Pamela Wyatt

Please know that Casa San Carlo does welcome small dogs and cats! We are very sorry you were misinformed! If you would like further information, please feel free to reach back out and we would be happy to assist you!

From a new arrival

My father whom is 97 years old and has always lived on his own just moved into Casa and truly we couldn't be happier with his choice. Absolutely ever person who we have had the pleasure to come in contact with there is wonderful. The staff is fabulous. Their concern for the residence are clearly apparent. It is immaculately clean and extremely well maintained. The staff is friendly and helpful. The nursing staff is amazing and has been a godsend for our father. He really seems to like the dining room and the chef really does a wonderful job. Our dad has commented especially on how great the desserts are.

We consider Casa a true blessing.

Great independent community!!!

My mom is very happy at this community. She likes the food it is perfect. The staff is wonderful it's very affordable, close to home, and very family oriented. I would definitely recommend this community.

I would recommend this community!!

I am still getting unpacked but I have been able to enjoy some of the activities offered. The food is good and there is a variety of choices. They keep Casa San Carlo clean and I am able to enjoy the grounds. The staff are beautiful and there for me if I need them.

Too Big for Mom

It was very nice but a little too big for my mom. I thought the staff there was excellent. That was definitely one that I would have felt comfortable with but my mother wasn't comfortable with the size.

Presence Casa San Carlo Retirement community is a faith-based senior living campus offering a variety of independent living options. Our primary focus is the comfort and well being of our residents! We offer 182 spacious independent living residences in a variety of floor plans, including studio, one- or two-bedroom floor plans-each with its own fully equipped kitchen, spacious bathroom and ample closet space. You will enjoy easy access to area amenities-including excellent medical facilities, shopping and recreation- as well as the beauty and serenity afforded by our gardens, pond, and gazebo with meandering walking paths. Our top-quality food service provides a healthy, nutritious dinner with choice of entrees every evening and breakfast each Monday through Friday in the spacious dining room. Our 24-hour staff offers added security, safety and peace of mind. A very popular service is regularly scheduled transportation to shopping, civic and sporting events. And, our full-time housekeeping staff and grounds crew keep the public areas immaculate, indoors and out. Best of all, you will be able to enjoy the companionship of others who share common interests and experiences in a friendly atmosphere that provides planned activities, small informal gatherings or personal privacy -without the traditional homeowners' headaches of upkeep and maintenance.

Presence Health is the largest Catholic health system in Illinois, serving over 4 million people in 11 counties. With over 150 sites of compassionate care including 12 hospitals, over 17,000 associates and more than 4,000 medical professionals, Presence Health has annual revenue of $2.6 billion.

Presence Health is committed to fair housing. Its retirement communities include features for persons with disabilities, as required by the federal Fair Housing Act.