Carriage Inn - Conroe - Conroe, TX

Top notch facility. Designed for active seniors. Clean & fresh, my Mom will be moving into the unit that was previously the facility's model apartment.

We are pampered.

Great staff and facility.

I have lived here for 10 years. I like it a lot, I feel very safe here. When I need help there is always someone to help, cleaning, repairs, hang a picture. Fix my T.V. This is such a friendly, safe place for me, I am 93. Very happy.

Carriage Inn gives us air atmosphere of comfort and peace. They are also helpful and make us feel at home, meeting our needs, like furnishing transportation for Doctor appointments , shopping and errands , also taking us to church. They have lots of activities that you can do or if you stay in your apartment. It’s your decision. The staff is very friendly and gives us lot of hugs! We are glad we moved to Carriage Inn.

I have been here for only 3 weeks and it’s a wonderful place. All the people I have met are very happy and so friendly.

I am a Hurricane Harvey survivor and searched many places before choosing Carriage Inn. It is the best decision I ever made (at least for a very long time). The residents are friendly, the food is delicious, the activities are fun and lots of them and the staff – wonderful.
I am finally feeling less stressful and happy.

I have lived at Carriage Inn for over six years and feel comfortable calling it “Home”.
I appreciate the meals and the efforts make to keep us busy and entertained.

I enjoy the friendliness of the community, three wonderful meals a day in a large open dining room, and safety at all times day and night. I’m proud of the beautiful entry with homey fireplace, comfortable chairs and sofas overlooking a beautiful walkway covered by large Oak trees. Calming stone covered apartments face the walkway.
I love my family and friends to visit this beautiful fun home.

Review of Carriage Inn Conroe Conroe, TX

Our home was flooded by Hurricane Harvey in August, 2017. We chose to move to Carriage Inn because we have friends who live here and they had many good things to say about the community. The staff has been very helpful with our move in. The residents are so friendly and make us feel at home. And the food is so good!

Review of Carriage Inn Conroe Conroe, TX

We could not have found a more wonderful facility for my Mom to call home! The executive director and marketing director were so welcoming; all of the staff have also been amazing in making my Mom feel at home! My Mom loves the peer interaction, independence and activities available everyday! She loves it here and I love to see her so happy.

Review of Carriage Inn Conroe Conroe, TX

Great staff. Well maintained, good food, best place for money, planned activities, good--well satisfied.

Review of Carriage Inn Conroe Conroe, TX

Very pleasant place to live. Plenty of optional activities to help make good use of your time, good food and a responsive chef, kind and considerate staff and it is well maintained. I appreciate the cable TV and Wi-Fi service.

Review of Carriage Inn Conroe Conroe, TX

The facility itself is excellent. What really makes the place great is the staff. They care for the residents. More important, they care about the residents. No matter what their position, if a staff member becomes aware of a need, that person takes care of it.

The Tour Experience

We didn't tour the facility as we got there too late for the day. We got a packet of information to review. Everyone was very nice, but after reviewing the information, we felt the largest unit wasn't big enough.

I Enjoyed Seeing Them

I had a good view of a very nice community. I did like them but they were on the line of her budget. With medication and personal items that may be needed for my parent, the overall prices was not fitting.

Friendly people!

Carriage Inn was one of the communities that I toured. It was a nice place. The tour guide was informative and friendly, it was just not what I was looking for at the time.

The Care Is Great

Nothing was wrong when we had my mother-in-law here. We were happy to use them for her community living. They were wonderful with their services. Because her care had changed and was progressing we had to move her to a different place. They were willing to still keep her too.

Wonderful community and staff

[Removed] is one of the chef's here and he makes me whatever I want. Everyone has really been wonderful and the experience has been spectacular.

Mom's Home

We are very happy with this community. My mom is happy that she is able to have us visit with living so close to the community. The staff is very nice and caring. The staff goes out of there way to make sure that she has some of her personal things. She is really liking the activities that are available. The food is outstanding and we would highly recommend the care here for other families

Too Small!

My tour of the Carriage Inn went well. The place was well maintained and the staff was very welcoming. The main reason we chose to go with a different community was because the apartments they showed us were very small. We were looking for something more home-like.

Happy As Could Be

It has been a good move for my mom and she is very happy. She gets basic care for a decent price. She gets her hair and nails done from the beauty salon that is provided on the facility. They clean okay, Mom thinks they can do better. Currently the community is going through management changes and it is unclear how the next year is going to be like. Otherwise, A Place For Mom has been fabulous and my life saver, they helped find a really appropriate place where she is cared for and happy.

Mom Enjoyed Her Time Here

This community is 5 stars for being clean. The staff are all very nice and wonderful, I felt no issues with the care she was receiving. My mom did enjoy her meals it was the right portion and great. The community has activities like bingo and church outings. My experience was personable and the residents made my mom feel very welcome. I would recommend this community for the nice home feeling.

Charlie and Mom went to tour. Liked facility.
Looking at more tomorrow.

above and beyond

The staff is extremely friendly at Carriage Inn. The value is also very good. I did a price chart comparison and they came out on top when all factors were considered.

We absolutely love them there. They are awesome, and have really gone above and beyond to work with and for us. Even the residents there are just the friendliest people I have ever met in my life.

The only area for improvement I can think of is this: We did have once indecent where they forgot to get my father in law for lunch, and they are not staffed as well as I personally think they should be in the evenings.

Carriage Inn is Amazing

We truly love having our parents at Carriage Inn. The residents and staff are all loving and warm and make you feel like a part of the community from day one!

Even our children and grandchildren love going to visit them at Carriage Inn.

The staff has gone out of it's way to make sure all of our needs are met.

Nothing But Good Things To Say!

This place has been just great!! My cousin loved being here! The people have been so nice to her, and they come and sit with her at meals and talk to her! Everyone goes by first names and they are so friendly! Also, there is a new activities director and she's trying to get to know everyone's preferences and set up new activities! Right now though, theres 1-2 things going on every day!

The food is good! My cousin says that the soups and desserts are just wonderful! She likes the yogurt and fruit salad! She's eating all of her meals and feeling much better. If she doesn't make it to breakfast, one of the staff members brings it up to her!

I would really recommend them to anyone! They are pet friendly and it's been a great experience! It is just the friendliest place and they treat everyone so gently! My cousin is so happy here, and that makes us happy!

Positives: friendly, cozy e...

Positives: friendly, cozy entrance and sitting area with porch off back side with cover and places to sit and green space. 'Luby's' like dining area with round tables and rolling chairs; buffet and menu ordering with special requests possible. Free round the clock snacks including cereals, fruit, milk fridge and soft serve ice cream with chocolate sauce. various puzzle tables, bridge games going, bingo, wii bowling, outings to walmart and grocery store, day trips and over night trips to casinos & other places. Apartment divided into 3 spaces plus full bath with walk in shower. Pets allowed. On site home health service. Weekly house cleaning, hair salon on site. Negatives: Very dark. Hallways dark, group areas in each hallway dark with outdated and cheap decorations. Dining area closed in and dark, buffet sneeze guard too high and frankly, useless. Library extremely limited. Media room not very comfortable. Not much in the way of outside sitting areas, only one. Apartments include a small oven and stove, for us a negative. Much more expensive than Paradise Springs and the latter is much more up to date and resident focused.

We've been really pleased with them so far.

They are very good. The food is good. We've been really pleased with them so far. We liked the fact that some of her sunday school members were already living there, so she already knew some people. They have good activities, with dances and games for them to do. They also have a church program every Sunday and they will take the members if they want to go to the church that they want to go to. They have a limousine that they take them to church in or a van to go doctor appointments, where they will drop them off and pick them up.

Carriage Inn - Conroe, TX

I researched independent living facilities for my 89 year old mother and just moved her into Carriage Inn. I did a lot of research and toured the facility twice. The staff was terrific and the grounds themselves are terrific.

I like the way that social interactions are so strongly encourage from the facility layout to the scheduled events. And everything is done to make things as convenient as possible for the residents.

Mom absolutely loves the place!

Quiet Environment

We decided not to put our parents there. It was down to this and one other place. I didn't like that the Carriage Inn was over 90% women. I saw one man when I visited. They also had continuous serving of food which sounds wonderful but you don't know how often the food is changed how well they tend the dining hall. It wasn't like it was prepared in the kitchen. The staff would just fill the plate from the buffet line.

I really liked that my parents would be able to go out their back door into a courtyard. The really needed he openness of a back yard. It was bout the same amount of money but it didn't seem to be as social, it was very quiet.

Good Location but Too Expensive

My mom would have preferred to go there but it was quite a bit more expensive than she could handle. She like the fact that is was closer to all of her friends that she had in Willis, where we lived. She's having to make new friends where she is now. That was the big thing - being closer to the people she knew.

I liked, Dad liked.

I liked, Dad liked.

Nice place, very friendly.

Nice place, very friendly.

1. Wonderful people; slightly forced ...

1. Wonderful people; slightly forced joviality 2. Fabulous cookies! Food fair 3. Living quarters claustrophobic.

Embark on the best years of your life with Carriage Inn. Enjoy active senior living at its finest and discover our LOVE, FUN and WOW! Our convenient location near beautiful Lake Conroe is within easy reach of the Woodlands, Spring and Montgomery.

Imagine a cruise ship on land, where you can live worry free and experience an exciting lifestyle including a great social calendar, 3 delicious meals a day with a variety of desserts, housekeeping, limousine service, maintenance, and 24 hour staffing. Excellence is our standard and we strive to WOW our residents each and every day. We offer the peace of mind knowing you would be enjoying this wonderful lifestyle each and everyday, all within a safe, beautiful and most importantly, fun environment.

You've got a lot of living to do; why not live your life the way YOU want in a community designed just for you? From exceptional, continuous dining, to social events galore, Carriage Inn can provide you with all you need to live a great life. Our residents are truly the captains of their "Cruise Ship on Land!"

City Info

The city of Conroe, TX, boasts warm temperatures year-round, and an array of support systems for veterans.

- Median age in this zip code: 37.3

- Average weather: Conroe has an average temperature of 68.1°F, with an annual high of 78.5°F and an annual low of 57.7°F.

- Veterans' facilities: Veterans are well supported in Conroe, with both a Veterans' Affairs outpatient clinic and a Veterans' Services office.

Transportation

Conroe has an affordable public transit system with additional options for people with disabilities, as well as a variety of private transit options.

- Buses: Conroe Connection, the local transit system, provides an easy way to get around Conroe, with two main routes, and for seniors each ride costs only $0.50. Seniors with disabilities also have access to the ADA Complementary Paratransit service, which serves anywhere within a 3/4 mile radius of the fixed-route bus system.

- Taxi services include Mexicana Taxi, City Cab, Fiesta Conroe Cab, CVS Taxi Cab, and Taxi 24.

- The rideshare service Uber is available in Conroe. Seniors can easily download the service's app on their phone, and find a ride.

Health and Safety

Conroe provides lots of options for health care, and Carriage Inn provides additional support for seniors.

- Hospitals: Cincinnati boasts 26 hospitals, which serve the needs of individuals covered by a wide variety of health insurers.

- Carriage Inn: Guests at Carriage Inn also have access to on-site home care.

Sports and Leisure

Conroe offers all sorts of options for sports and leisure, whether you're interested in golf, tennis, or senior-focused physical activities.

- Golf courses: There are dozens of golf courses in Conroe, including the top-rated West Fork Golf & Country Club, Wedgewood Golf Course, Conroe County Club, and River Plantation Country Club.

- Tennis courts: Conroe offers eight public tennis courts, as well as private and group lessons at Bentwater's Racquet Club.

- Gyms: The City of Conroe operates a recreation center as well as an aquatic center. The C.K. Ray Recreation Center also offers programs for seniors, including low-impact group workouts for seniors three days a week.

Shopping and Entertainment

There are all sorts of shopping and entertainment options in Conroe, whether you're looking for a bite to eat, a Hollywood blockbuster, or an afternoon in an art gallery.

- Clothes shopping: Conroe offers dozens of options for clothes shopping, including Maurices, a women's clothing retail store with a wide variety of tops, bottoms, dresses, and accessories.

- Grocery stores: There are dozens of grocery stores in Conroe, with options for any price point.

- Restaurants: With hundreds of restaurants covering a wide range of cuisines, it's easy to find a satisfying meal in Conroe.

- Movie theaters: Conroe's Star Cinema Grill allows you to take in Hollywood's newest releases while enjoying an extensive menu, as well as a full bar service. They also offer discounts for seniors.

- Libraries: Conroe is home to Montgomery County's Central Library, which offers a vast catalogue of books, public computers, computer classes, and wireless Internet.

- Attractions: Conroe is home to countless interesting attractions, including the Crighton Theatre, the Owen Theatre, 7 Acre Wood family fun park, the Heritage Museum of Montgomery County, W. G. Jones State Forest, the Conroe Art Gallery, and Moorhead's Blueberry Farm.

Religious Facilities

Conroe offers religious facilities for people of many faiths, whether Christian, Jewish, or Muslim.