We are calling you now to better understand your needs.
The Heritage Tomball Senior Living - Tomball, TX has yet not published prices.
This seemed like a really nice community when we visited. The staff we met were friendly. They offer transportation and they allow pets. This community was just a little out of our price range.
From What I Remember
The tour I was given was fine and I liked the experience I got that day. After consideration I noticed that it was some distance from my family. When it came to the price it was a bit higher than I expected. This was not going to be a fit for me.
The heritage Tomball had a hospital feel to it. The place was not welcoming. The room they showed us that my loved one would be in was down a long hallway far away from the dining room. The overall layout of the community was very confusing. The rooms looked like hospital rooms, it just was not what we were looking for.
Didn't Receive A Proper Tour!!
I took a tour of the community and the person that assisted me with the tour was the janitor. The tour guide was not available. The janitor tried his best to accommodate me and was attentive. I however did not receive a proper tour of the community. I did not receive the information that should have been provided for me like activities offered and the meal plans.
Was this review helpful?
Tomball is a small city located in the Harris County area of southeast Texas, with a population of around 11,600.
- Walkability score: The area receives an average walk score of 66, making it a fairly walkable city.
- Average age: The median age for residents of Tomball is about 38, with the majority of residents within the age range of 25 to 54.
- Senior housing facilities: There are over 200 seniors living options in Tomball.
- Weather: Tomball experiences long, hot summers and short, cold winters. In the hot season, temperatures reach an average daily high of 87 degrees Fahrenheit. In the colder months, temperatures range between 43 and 62 degrees.
- Veteran's facilities: The Tomball Veteran's Affairs Outpatient Clinic offers free care services for veterans. There is also a local VFW post that provides veterans an opportunity to engage in fundraising activities and charitable community events.
Health and Safety
Tomball is a relatively safe city, with a low rate of violent crime and convenient access to medical care.
- Hospitals: Most hospitals in Tomball are centrally located. Options include the Regional Medical Center for general services or the Memorial Hermann Tomball Hospital for 24-hour emergency services. The Kindred Hospital Tomball offers services for patients who are chronically ill or in need of specialized care.
- Crime rate: The majority of crimes that take place in Tomball are property related. Its violent crime rate is lower than that of the state of Texas, as well as the national median.
Sports and Leisure
The city is home to a variety of leisure opportunities for seniors such as golf clubs and community programming, as well as a number of public parks.
- Golf courses: Over three dozen golf courses and driving ranges are available in and around the city, including the Tomball Country Club, Gleannloch Pines Golf Club and Augusta Pines Golf Club. Swing Zone Golf also offers an indoor golfing experience.
- Tennis: Public tennis courts can be found in parks throughout the city, including Spring Creek Park and Jerry Matheson park. There are also private courts available for members at Glennloch Farms.
- Nearby gyms: Tomball Community Center hosts a number of activities each month for seniors, including sit-and-fit classes, exercise programs and line dancing. In addition to its physical programs, the center also hosts activities and events like art and crafts classes and seniors lunches.
- Parks: There are a number of public parks located throughout the city that feature walking trails, wildlife observation spots and seating areas that give residents the opportunity to enjoy the outdoors.
While Tomball is a relatively walkable city, there are a variety of transportation options for seniors to explore.
- Buses: The Houston METRO system offers a bus service with a number of stops along the Texas 249 Highway, or Tomball Parkway, with discounted rates for seniors. Harris County Transit also offers a bus service that serves areas of Harris County that are not served by the regular METRO system.
- Taxis: Options for taxis include Tomball Cab, ACM Taxi Service and Reliable Cab Service.
- Ride shares: Uber is a popular ride share option in this area.
- Additional transportation: Harris County Transit offers a RIDES, a curb-to-curb subsidized program that provides non-emergency transportation services to senior citizens at 50 percent of the regular cost. Options include a pre-booked shared ride program and regular taxi service.
Tomball is home to residents of a number of different religious denominations.
- Nearby religious facilities: Major religious denominations that have large congregations in the area include Tomball's First Baptist Church, Salem Lutheran Church, First Presbyterian Church and St. Anne Catholic Church, with a number of smaller churches located throughout the county.
Shopping and Entertainment
Tomball is home to a variety of award-winning festivals, unique shops and restaurants and exciting cultural attractions.
- Nearby shopping: Tomball Town Center is the city's major shopping destination, and is located right in the heart of the Tomball. The city is also known for its boutique stores and shops selling antiques and collectibles, many of which can be found at Vintage Park, an outdoor shopping plaza located just outside the city.
- Grocery stores: Nearby options for groceries include an H-E-B Grocery, Kroger and Walmart Supercenter. Specialized food stores and markets are also available in the surrounding area.
- Restaurants: Tomball has a number of locally owned eateries as well as popular chain restaurants. Nearby dining options include Popeyes, Cici's and The Egg & I. Seniors discounts are offered at many casual dining restaurants in the area.
- Movie Theatres: Premiere Cinemas Tomball is the city's local movie theater. For a more unique experience, seniors can enjoy a double feature at Showboat Drive-In Theater, just a short drive away.
- Libraries: The Tomball Community Library is located on the Lone Star College campus.
- Salons: A variety of hair and beauty salons be found throughout the city, including Southern Kingdom Hair Salon and the Hair Lodge Family Hair Salon, which offer services for seniors at discounted rates.
- Attractions: Tomball is home to a variety of museums, historic sites and cultural activities. Popular attractions include the Tomball Museum Center, restored Railroad Depot and Plaza and the Tomball Farmers Market. The city's many parks, trails and nature preserves offer opportunities for outdoor activities and wildlife observation. Tomball also hosts a number of award-winning festivals and events every year, such as the Rails & Tails Mudbug Festival, Tomball German Heritage Festival and the Tomball Texas Music Festival.