Carlton Senior Living Elk Grove - Elk Grove, CA

Very nice place

This is a very friendly, nicely laid out community. Beautiful dinning and living room area. Big plus for us was the availability of the dinning area. 2 hours for each meal, breakfast, lunch and dinner plus a la carte from 8 until6, a very nice feature. Also a little 24 hr. area for coffee, Juice and small snack. For the short time my mother has been there the staff seems very friendly and accommodating. The rooms seem to be pretty standard when compared with other facilities. My first thought was a little pricey but after evaluating all there amenities we thought they were in line for what is provided. Another nice feature in the dinning area is a combination of tables and booths, gives the feel of a nice restaurant. The only reason we didn't give a full 5 stars is the fact that some of there meals have been lacking in quality and quantity. There needs to be some improvement in that area as we have heard other complaints. If they can work on this this facility comes highly recommended. Also for you ladies, a very nice hair salon. Very nice movie room and workout area. Also for you veterans or spouses of a veteran they have a very nice veteran wall with pictures of the veteran. In closing I would just like to say after visiting 3 or4 facilities and rating them 4,3,2,1 Carlton came out on top.

A good fit!

My loved ones are happy at the Carlton Senior Living Elk Grove. The place is clean and maintained well. My loved ones like the food that is served, they say it is much better than the community they were at before. The staff is very friendly.

The Carlton felt like a cruise ship without the possibility of getting sea sickness. Lots of activities available. The staff is very friendly. My tour started at 11:00, and I was really hungry by the end of my tour because the food they were preparing smelled delicious! Thank you, [Removed], for the tour and for getting me off to a great start on my search for a place for Mom.

Was worried that my loved one would not want to get involved in the Carlton community. But she has quickly jumped in, going to meals and making friends. Can't wait to see what activities she's chooses!!

You get what you pay for...the best!!!

Dear Prospective Resident,

I have nothing but praise to offer regarding Carlton Senior Living...from the sales staff to the restaurant waiters/waitresses, to the staff liaison, to the receptionist. Carlton is run very professionally, yet as soon as you walk in the door, you feel as if you are at home. I actually vetted senior living facilities by contacting the State of California, only to learn that they are perceived as being one of the top 3 in the State. This has proven to be true throughout my entire experience.

The true test is how the residents feel, and for the many that I have spoken with, Carlton provides them with the feeling of being "home", among friends, safe, and content that needs will be met.

I wholeheartedly feel that Carlton is truly the best of the BEST!!!

Elk Grove Carlton

My Mother seems to be very comfortable in this Community. She enjoys the Saturday Conserts, exercise classes and various other activities. The location in Elk Grove is near many convenient services and shopping opportunities, even a nice coffee shop.

The Staff is very welcoming and accommodating.

Very upscale in decor and services...if you can afford it, it's worth it!

They put "care" into care home!!

The Carlton Plaza of Elk Grove is first class all the way. Everyone is genuinely concerned with giving the best care to your loved one. The staff goes above and beyond in making sure your loved one is treated with kindness and respect the way they would treat their own family member.

It looks like a fancy hotel but cozy. The food is excellent and they come up with special fun extravaganza's. Recently they had a roaring 20ies candlelight dinner. It was fabulous and thoroughly enjoyed by everyone.

They do all the extra things to make life as good as it can be while taking care of all the daily needs so you know that your loved one is getting the best care during a very difficult time of their lives.

We're so grateful that we found Carlton Plaza and their outstanding staff of caring people.

They are very, very nice, the whole facility is very nice.

They are very, very nice, the whole facility is very nice. The food is good. I have no concerns whatsoever. We were very happy that they were there. I would recommend them to anyone, I thought they were very nice, and very caring. The people in the restaurant learned their names very quickly and always called them by it. They were very good.

Everything is going good at Carlton P...

Everything is going good at Carlton Plaza. I'm satisfied with their services, friendliness of the staff, cleanliness of the facility, and all services provided.

Carlton awful experience

My mother spent one month in the memory care at The Carlton of Elk Grove. It was a nightmare from the start. She fell several times and was sent out to the ER. The nurse immediately wanted to medicate mom for behaviors the inexperienced staff weren't qualified to handle. Nearly all staff was under the age of 21. Mom was left in her room alone often, putting her at risk for falls. I was getting numerous calls late at night to come help with mom. It was even suggested that I hire someone to sit with mom. I thought that was why we were paying nearly $7k per month. I could go on but instead I will say moving her to Emeritus was the answer to my prayers. I never had another issue!

Carlton is the best place for Mom!

RIght from the start, I have felt welcomed and at home at the Carlton Plaza. I chose this place for my Mom because of the staff, the cleanliness, the food, the activities, and the company is financially solvent. They are first-rate in customer service! My mother is very content with her new residence!!

This facility was very nice...

This facility was very nice. It has been open about 13 months. The staff that I met were very helpful. There was only one negative to this facility and that I thought that the single room apartment would be too small for a couple.

Like A Cruise Ship

It's like a cruise ship. Everything is right there. It's good for people who weren't as ill as my mother-in-law is. She needs a lot of cluing and there I think it's more for socialization and tiny bit of cluing. It was not for her.

Seniors at Carlton Senior Living can enjoy independent living, assisted living, and memory care services that allow them to age in place or share a studio, one bedroom, or two bedroom unit with a partner who has different needs in this community with an emphasis on good living and good eating. Care planning and evaluations are prepared by a registered nurse so that staff is aware of each individual's needs, from personal care and daily routines to medication reminders and incontinence help both during the day and overnight. Respite stays are available.