CareOne Harmony Village at Moorestown Assisted Living - Moorestown, NJ

I Gained Some Knowledge On The Tour

I really liked Harmony Village but it was very expensive to live here. I had a positive tour and I learned a lot from the community.

Care and comfort for dad

This is a good community for care for my dad. We like the staff who are attentive. My father adjusted to the new environment. My father is not happy with some of the meals and they might need some improvements. I am glad to know that he has started to participate in some of the activities. I would recommend this community for other families to get good care for a loved one.

Great stay

My loved one is doing just fine at CareOne. The staff are taking great care of her, and she is receiving everything she needs! My loved one is having a nice stay!

Things are good!

They are accommodating when it comes to dad's special diet. The staff are nice, helpful and answer our questions. They do have a calendar of daily events. The community is well taken care of. I would recommend this community.

Nice Tour

I toured this community for my mother and her needs. My tour went well. The community looked nice and well-kept. The staff I met was friendly and kind. Everything went well, and they were very kind to my family and myself. It was a nice experience.

A Nice Community

I believe the care was good and toward the end they were accommodating to my mom's needs. My overall experience was okay with the staff and community.

Spoke with [Removed] abount mom's current situation. He said she is too high functioning for what they offer and they do't have the other option of Assisted Living until person absolutely needs memory care. cannot really rate this place because I didn't tour, but this program requires a rating ... so "3"

A Good Experience So Far

So far everything is working pretty well for my mother here at this community. I haven't been to see her in a month, because they recommend I let her get adjusted first. She has made some new friends, which is a big plus to me. In the first time in many years she seems happy. The community is well maintained. The staff is very considerate and accommodating. This is a really nice community.

Great place for Mom or Dad

My mother has dementia and I have looked at about half dozen other facilities . What I liked about Harmony was the separate communities based on level of need. Each community has their own garden and activities. They do have certain times when communities co-mingle such as ice cream social and movie time or even watching baseball. There are activities here such as music therapy and a little physical movement and stretching, art and gardening etc.The caretakers work hard to keep things orderly and their patients/clients are safe clean and happy. I think they do a nice job and take their job seriously. They get to know the people they take care of and have a great deal of patience and kindness. I really looked at a lot of places and for us Harmony Village worked best. This was not easy and still not easy. I still think about whether I should have my Mom in her home with a live in. I try not looking back. My Mom seems satisfied. She looks good and first and foremost is safe. My stress level at least for now is way down. My second concern is cost but this seems in par with what others charge. Good luck with your decision it's never easy.

The One out of Seven

I had a live-in aide with mom at her home for the pass year. But her needs were increasing. She had become totally non-ambulatory with no weight baring abilities & could no longer assist with transferring into her wheelchair. Her dementia had progressed and she was sleeping more & more. I felt she and the aide had become more & more isolated. Neighbors & friends had either moved or passed away.

Once the decision was made that mom needed more care than I could provide I toured 7 assisted living communities. Out of the 7 communities 2 were immediately crossed off the list. One too long a waiting list and difficult to get into, the other in very poor condition. 5 I returned to to be interviewed and scheduled to come out to evaluate mom & her needs.

One never contacted me after, one wanted me to also hire an additional private aide for her, one immediately said no they would not take her. My mom refused to talk to Care One the fist time they visited. I had to work so my husband was there and the aide (who now was more like a family member). They spoke with my husband & the aide and offered to make a 2nd visit - because of their understanding, patience and knowledge of the situation. No one else showed such sincere kindness nor spent so much time with mom to get to know her.

Mom has now been at Care One for 4 weeks. All the staff is respectful, caring and responsive to mom's needs. Despite the amount of care needed she is never not included in any daily activities. I can tell the regular caregivers have gotten to know her because of things they tell me. I am never made to feel uncomfortable when I make a request or ask a question. They respond to every phone call, text and email. I requested PT and they've provided. We discussed the need for a newer wheel chair & they saw to it that she got one. After 2 weeks a meeting was arranged to discuss how things were going and to answer questions and address concerns.

I have become a better advocate for mom because they listen, they care and they are proactive. I've had more peace-of-mind these past 4 weeks than I've had in a long time. Thank you Care One Harmony Village, Moorestown.

It's great so far. The staff is incredible.

It's great so far. The staff is incredible. They took someone, who was just out of control from the previous place, and got the medication management back on track and everything back to normal. The care is like night and day compared to where we were before. I like how great the whole community atmosphere is, I just can't say enough good about CareOne Harmony Village.

Received a very warm and welcoming greeting from Kathleen. The facility is beautiful inside and out. The great room where you enter has a homey feel to it. There is an ice cream shop inside where families could join their loved ones for a sweet treat during a visit. The rooms area little small, but the bathrooms are very large and handicap accessible. The place was clean and did not have an odor. I especially loved the memory boards outside each room that would help a loved one who is suffering from some form of dementia find their room.

So far so good. We did have some concerns over some missing items. The communication has been difficult, and that is a concern. It's kept very clean though, and the care and the response of the staff is okay. And we haven't had any complaints about food.

A great fit for Dad

My father's adjustment has gone very well at Harmony Village. It is a pleasure for his family members to visit him in such attractive surroundings and to find him calm and happy. Knowing he is receiving compassionate and engaging care at Harmony Village is a great load off my mind! The administrative and staff communicates well with his family.

couldn't be more pleased!

They are really doing a great job. The overall experience with CareOne Harmony Village at Moorestown has really been fantastic. My mom has four children, and all four of us are very happy with where mom is at. They are on the cutting edge treatment wise, and the people there really couldn't possibly be nicer. I couldn't be more pleased! All four of us (and our spouses) feel like our mother is in a great place. She feels safe, and we feel that she is safe, and we all are very happy. I really can't even think of anything they could do to improve.

sit in the sun

My is there now and she seems pretty happy. They have plenty of activities. It’s nice because they’re taking people with Alzheimer’s Disease and forgetfulness. It’s different from being old. They put residents in groups with the same cognitive levels. My mom can get up and walking around and go outside, while still being in a secure area. My mom likes to sit in the sun or in the shade in the summer. They are very responsive. I am happy with them.

Left a vm for Kathleen - 6:45 7/27 M...

Left a vm for Kathleen - 6:45 7/27 Met with Kathleen, Daniel and Andrew 8/3/11

Mom moved in to Harmony village last ...

Mom moved in to Harmony village last Tuesday. Her transition has been uneventful. She seems happy and secure here. She is eating again. She is on only one heart Rx...nothing else and no combativeness, no agitation and no yelling..This is Mom's new home. So far, we are very pleased with the staff and with Mom's adjustment. Thank You!

The Director was very professional. W...

The Director was very professional. Was not shown the Alzheimer's areas for the middle and late stage disease residents. Plan to return to tour these areas.

We chose Harmony Village and moved Mo...

We chose Harmony Village and moved Mom in today. The transition was made very easy by the staff. So far Mom is doing well and no agitation, no combativeness and no drugs to control her. New environment and staff trained to address Mom's special needs.

CareOne Harmony Village at Moorestown, a new state-of-the-art Center that opened its doors in summer 2008, is a pioneering free-standing Assisted Living Community for the Memory Impaired.

The Hearthstone Treatment Program featured at CareOne Harmony Village at Moorestown can improve the quality of life for people living with Alzheimer’s Disease and other related dementias by using the environment, communication and activities as treatment. This unique, coordinated-care approach effectively treats many of the symptoms associated with dementia, enabling Residents to maintain optimum levels of cognitive and physical ability throughout the disease process.