Heritage of Brookstone - Kennesaw, GA

Lovely home and close to the church. But, this home did not have a separate bedroom and living room. This is what we were searching for. Great staff and very helpful.

My father

My father has lived here for about 6 months. The care has completely went down. There are times when I come to visit and my father has not gotten his meds. He pooled the cord in the bathroom and no one ever came to check on him. They have lost a lot of staff. Whenever I come to see my dad i ask to speak with the Executive Director but he is never there. I pay a lot of money here not to get the proper care.

I toured this facility for my mom but the ambiance was not right. have toured other places that I feel is better suited for her.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking time to provide us with your feedback. We’re sorry to hear that your experience at Heritage of Brookstone did not live up to the expectations we strive for. It’s important to us that we understand and address your concerns, so we invite you to reach out to our Executive Director at our community phone number. Thank you again for your input, and we look forward to hearing from you!

A caring tour for mom

I toured this community for options for my mom's care. I liked the staff who were helpful to answer the needs of the care that is offered. The community was clean and a nice atmosphere. The menu was appealing and I liked the list of helpful activities that would have been offered. I would recommend families to this community for the care of a loved one.

SLC Midwest

Thank you so much for your recommendation of Heritage of Brookstone; we appreciate your feedback and we're so pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us!

Very nice community . bigger than most I've seen and more going on for the residents than a lot. The building is beautiful and the landscaping is always well taken care of. Staff are always around and friendly .

SLC Midwest

Thank you so much for taking time to post your feedback; we really appreciate your review!

Good community

Our impression of Heritage was fine and it was our second choice. We chose another community because there was family there.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for your review; we appreciate your feedback!

My dad and I went to tour this community. The place was nice, the staff were very friendly and polite.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for your review; we are delighted that you enjoyed your visit with us!

Facility was nice. Rooms were a little smaller but still nice. [Removed] and staff were very nice. They offer activities for the residents.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for your review; we appreciate your feedback!

Needs Uplifting Colors and Environement

When I had a tour of the community it didn't seem like a happy place. The decor didn't pop and it didn't feel uplifting. It would have been a convenient location for us but I did not feel comfortable putting my loved one in that environment.

SLC Midwest

Thank you so much for taking time to post your feedback! Safety, care, and the resident happiness are all top priorities here at Brookstone. Continuous training and support will be provided to ensure these priorities will continue to be met. We want to create a safe haven in our memory care community where residents and families feel at home. If you have any additional questions or feedback based on your experience, please feel free to reach out directly at: [removed]. Thanks so much, and we look forward to connecting with you!

Very warm and friendly staff. Older community that needs some updating.

Great Community Care

This is a nice community that offers great care and have a outstanding staff. Very clean and has alot of great activities. Highly recommend.

NOT a Memory Care Provider

Maybe their Assisted Living side is OK, BUT their Memory Care has been absolutely terrible for my loved one. He comes up with bruises all the time. He exhibits 'typical' late stage dementia/Alzheimer's behavior that they have now told us after just a few months they are "not equipped" to handle. However, we explained my dad's condition before choosing them and of course they said everything would be 'great', they had no problems with his wandering, incontinence, impatience, etc. But, now, they "can't handle" it. He "escaped" from their "Secure" Memory Care Unit right through their front door entrance. Numerous issues, poor management, frequent turnovers in staff, un-trained staff, understaffed, etc. - at least for the "Memory Care" Unit, which maybe should be called the "Forgetful Seniors" unit, because they can't deal with true Dementia/Alzheimer's victims.

SLC Midwest

Thank you so much for taking time to post your feedback. We want to create a safe haven in our memory care community where residents and families feel at home. Our mission is always to provide and prioritize the care our residents need, and we are sorry to learn you did not feel that was your experience. If you have any additional questions or feedback based on your experience, please feel free to reach out directly at 6 7 8 - 2 1 4 - 3 2 0 5.

So Far A Good Experience

My father was doing good here at this facility, but he has since had to check into the hospital. When he gets better he will be returning to this community. It is a nice and clean community, they do a good job with the cleanliness. There aren't many activities offered in the memory care portion of the community, but there are activities offered on the assisted living side. He was pleased with the food. Everybody has been courteous and kind. So far everything is well.

SLC Midwest

Thank you so much for taking time to post your feedback! We want to create a safe haven in our memory care community where residents and families feel at home. We also are excited for our new memory care programming coming in 2017, which will feature even more activities to enrich our residents' daily lives. If you have any additional questions or feedback based on your experience, please feel free to reach out directly at 6 7 8 - 2 1 4 - 3 2 0 5. Thanks so much, and we look forward to connecting with you!

Some issues that probably crop up everywhere sometimes.

Staff in Memory Care was considerate and caring. I never questioned their abilities nor dedication. At times I felt they were understaffed due to severity of the behavior of a few of the residents. Those who required the greatest degree of supervision occupied staff members to the extent that those who required some, but less, assistance were put off or perhaps forgotten.

The food at Heritage of Brookstone is good and they offer plenty of activities!

Overall this community is well cared for and most of the staff are nice. I do have my concerns about the director and the head nurse. They both get very defensive if you ask them about something or question them. I found out the evaluations of the residents are done by a computer and not by people. I have been trying to get information about this for over a week and I am still waiting.

Review of Heritage of Brookstone - Kennesaw, GA

Very nice community but they only have studio apartments that are great for one person but too small for two people. They didn offer much of a price break for 2 studios when I indicated that a couple would want to live there

SLC Midwest

We were glad to learn about your positive impression of our community! We appreciate your feedback following your visit, as we are committed to serving our residents and families who have entrusted us with care of a loved one. Please call Executive Director, Alphonso, at 77--[removed] if you have any additional feedback or suggestions about how we can improve the quality of our services going forward. Once again, thank you for your time!

A wonderful, caring place for my parents

My father has lived at Heritage of Brookstone for 5.5 years. He has been well cared for and the staff are extremely kind, understanding, and patient. It is a beautiful facility and well maintained. We are very happy with his care.

My mother has recently been diagnosed with dementia and paranoia. It came on very suddenly and I was desperate to find somewhere for her to live. Fortunately, a memory care unit was opened at Heritage during December, just in time for my mother to be moved there. The staff is so very kind and patient with her as she faces this new journey in life. She has actually improved tremendously in the last 3.5 weeks and continues to improve with the nuturing and support that is provided. I am delighted with the care she is receiving.

The Right Place for Mom

After Mom fell and was wheelchair bound, we realized we could no longer care for her in our home. Heritage of Brookstone was recommended to us by A Place for Mom. I felt an energy at Heritage the moment I walked in. Mom was embraced as part of the Heritage family right away. Her meds were disbursed to her daily, the staff assigned to her care kept her on a schedule, and her every need was met. Communication with staff and management made it easy for me to sleep at night knowing Mom was well cared for. Heritage not only took care of Mom, they also took care of me.

I have been a resident at Heritage of Brookstone for over 5 years. I moved to Kennesaw from out of state to be closer to my children. We as a family visited several other facilities before deciding to move to Heritage. I was immediately struck with the light, comfortable and spacious common areas obviously well kept and odor free. My studio apartment is comfortable and cleaned frequently. The meals are well prepared and nutritious. We the residents are very well cared for by our 24 hour caregivers. We have a nurse on site, and a full time activities director who keeps us busy with activities on a daily basis as well as arranging shopping trips and outside excursions to community and special events. We also have quarterly family socials which are enjoyed by all. I view my fellow residents AND our wonderful, caring staff as my new family. All the staff from the executive director to the kitchen staff are competent, kind and caring individuals. Corporate management has shown itself to be committed to a program of cultural excellence.

Very nice place!

Things have gone great with Heritage of Brookstone! It's a very nice looking place, and they have been taking great care of my loved one! The staff are all very friendly and caring, and the community has a lot to offer!

good place

great job! Happy to find a nice place quickly

Overall they have been fantastic! They are very responsive.

Overall they have been fantastic! They are very responsive. They have good management. She likes the food and activities are great. It's small in comparison to some of the other places we looked at and that makes a difference. The only issue I have is the way you have to get medication they use a service and they don't always tell me when medicare doesn't cover a medication. I don't know untill I get the bill. That's not really Heritage though it's the medication service they use.

MY HOME

I have been a resident for over 4 years and I, and my caregivers, are very happy with my esexperience.
The facility is clean, well maintained and managed. The staff is profession, competent , friendly and caring. They have become my family at Heritage. The administration is open to all suggestion from residents and family which benefit the residents. The rooms are large and the common areas are well furnished and comfortable. The dining room is light and airy an has a full view of the lawn and garden . This is

MY HOME

I have been in residence at Heritage for since 2009. I, and my caretakers, are very pleased and happy with my continued residence here. The facility itself is very attractive with well appointed and convenient common areas. The light, high ceilings dining room has an full open view of the surrounding lawn and garden. The studio rooms are large most with two large widow and some rooms have a small balcony. Heritage is located in a mixed residential and suburban retail area near convenient local shopping.
The staff is professional, competent caring and have become my family. The administration is open to suggestions which benefit both residents and the management of Heritage.
This is MY HOME and my family and I strongly recommend it

MY NEW HOME

I Have lived at Heritage for four(4) years. I came from rehab and having toured many assisted living facility with my relatives chose Heritage for a number of reasons. The facility was attractive and upon entering, I was struck with the pleasant openness of the common areas, the high ceilings and attractive dining area with full view of the garden area. I decided that this was the place for me. The staff were welcoming and answered all our questions. An additional benefit was the presence of several men. My experiences since I came here have been excellent. The staff is professional, competent, friendly and they have become my family. The rooms are large and airy and the common areas are large and well maintained. The current management are open to requests from residents and relative which benefit all. I am a happy camper and this is MY HOME.

I like it and it is very convenient, ...

I like it and it is very convenient, but they stay close to capacity.

The facility was very clean and the p...

The facility was very clean and the people there were wonderful.

like this a lot, very close to my hom...

like this a lot, very close to my home We are going on a tour and having lunch on Monday, 21st with my dad and sister. They monitor medications

Staff seemed professional, but not ov...

Staff seemed professional, but not overly friendly. Wasn't overly impressed with the director. They don't do respite care.

Fresh and clean. Housekeeping & linen...

Fresh and clean. Housekeeping & linen srvc w/room.Multiple activites. Small outside area. Staff friendly. 2 entree options for lunch/dinner. also deli sandwiches as alternative. 3 levels of care. Cannot care if resident becomes combative or requires long term invalid status. Need to go back and view weekday activities.

Very nice staff and location (5 min. ...

Very nice staff and location (5 min. from my house). Maybe a little too big for my mom, but she did likeit too.

It's very nice, but I think both my p...

It's very nice, but I think both my parents need more care than this home can provide.

Southern hospitality at its finest! Located North West of Atlanta, Heritage of Brookstone is close to many amenities. Our residents enjoy an active lifestyle with peace of mind that comes from knowing that assistance is always available should they need it. Please stop by for a tour and complimentary lunch.