Northstar Place - Kennesaw, GA

Northstar Place - Kennesaw, GA has yet not published prices.

This home is the right size for [name removed] so she can find her way around easy. The rooms are just want we were looking for. She is coming from a large home and a studio just would not have been a good situation for her. The staff members have been so gracious to work with and I know we will get along just fine. Looking forward to working with them.

Clean and bright. Pricing may prove to be a problem but have not eliminated this one completely. I failed to determine where the other Northstar facilities are located since we are focused on the Woodstock and Canton area

No Problems, Good Tour Of This Community

I toured this community for my mother, and her needs. The tour went well overall, we didn't have any problems. The community looked good, from what we saw everything looked nice, and clean. The staff we met was kind, and helpful. The experience went well overall, but I did not feel this was the community for my mother.

Nice Place!!

I had recently taken a tour of this community for my loved one and I have no complaints of how things had went. The property was clean and they had a lot of great of amenities for all of the residents. The floor plan was open and easy to navigate through it was just not the right fit for my mom in the end decision but I would recommend it to anyone.

Care and Comfort

I LIKE THE COMMUNITY AND THE STAFF WHO ARE CARING AND ATTENTIVE. tHE MENU IS APPEALING AND NEEDS SOME SMALL IMPROVEMENTS. I LIKE THAT SHE IS ACTIVE WITH THE OTHER RESIDENTS AND KEEPING ACTIVE. I LIKE THAT SHE HAS ADJUSTED TO HER NEW ENVIRONMENT. WE WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS COMMUNITY TO OTHER FAMILIES FOR GOOD CARE AND A NICE VALUE

Needs some improvement.

They could improve the experience for residents at Northstar by not losing their clothes. My mother also has difficulty moving her wheelchair and she gets the feeling that the staff doesn't like pushing her. I've asked the maintenance man for three weeks to hang shelves in my parents bathroom and he still hasn't. There is some really nice staff that I really do like.

Not what we expected at all!

My father was a resident here for a month, he wanted to leave after a week but we had already paid a deposit and had to give thirty days notice. It was horrible! My father is Independent and Northstar was more like a nursing home. I feel like they should have been more honest and not taken him know that his level of care was not as high as the other residents here. He couldn't sit down and have a conversation with anyone. The food was terrible! It was completely Tasteless. He has since moved to another community and is much happier.

It was more like a nursing home and
The food was horrible.There were a lot of people there. They said they came around

Facility was nice. Rooms were spacious. Staff was very friendly.

Care and comfort

I like the care of this community. The staff is nice and attentive, My mom is not participating and does not want to be social. We have found her to like to be in her room. I would recommend that care for other families with a good value

This community is very nice. The staff are very helpful with everything that we had questions about. The community in a whole was very nice. The only thing that we thought would be a problem was the layout. The floor plan is all windy and that is very confusing to a person that is in memory care.

The Community Is Good But Could Improve

The community itself is the best than any I have seen. I popped in a few times unannounced and I notice the residents were happy and in the gathering room doing an activity and talking to each other. They always greeted me and the director was always there too. It is always clean and it smells clean. The meals are okay but my mom complains daily especially about the dinner. It has been cold at times, when I tried it it was similar to cafeteria food. At times I am not offered a lot of information and I am not asking a lot. The girls who clean the rooms could do a better detailed cleaning. The community stairs also needs to be clean very good. Everything else is pretty good and the staff are pretty friendly.

Mom was Happy Here

My mother really enjoyed her time here at this community. It is a really nice facility, and I was pleased with all they did for us. The caregivers were great, they took very good care of her, and her needs. It was a short experience, but it was a good one. My mom was very happy here. This is a community I would recommend.

Clean, well maintained facility. All staff we interacted with,including-care aides, receptionist, hoousekeepers,the executive director, were warm,friendly and helpful. OBSERVED Residents engaged in a wide range of activities. Will definitely use when the need arises.

Everything is Great

For my dad it has been a great experience here. The community has good care, a clean community, and nice staff. For him it has been great.

Dropped in. The [Removed] and [Removed] were amazing and helpful. Not what we are looking for for my in-laws though.

[Removed] seemed very helpful. The place was clean and smell nice. She aided us with assess my father st the hospital to determine his level of care. We very much consider relocated my Dad to Northstar

Peaceful Environment!!

The environment at this facility is peaceful and has a lot of positive energy throughout the complex. All of the residents seemed to be enjoying themselves and where participating in various activities throughout the building. It was just not the right fit for my mother and her needs.

[Removed] running the place they are very disorganized scattered. The nurses and staff are great . [Removed] is great she works at night she should be the one running the place the nurse respect her and other families respect her I need anything done I have to call it at night or go in and speak with her. See is claim and knows her job.

Northstar Place

The people are really friendly. Food needs to improve . The Management team is nice but very scattered .

Good Tour!!

The Northstar Place provided me with a proper tour of the whole community. I thought that the place was really nice. Everything looked cleaned and organized through out the whole place. The residents and the staff met along my tour were nice. The guide was informative he let me know what meals plans and activities are offered.

A lot Of Construction

I wasn't very impressed with this community. It is a nice community, but a little small. There is a lot of construction going, and I knew my father in law would not enjoy that. When the construction is done I'am pretty the community is going to look lovely. The staff was kind and friendly. This just wasn't the community for my father in law.

Temporary at best

My mother is currently in this facility and I have had several issues. The first is their food, they do not have the alternate menu as they claim to have and is posted outside the dining room. The dining room is also HOT, I don't know how they expect anyone to sit in it let alone cook in it! I have to fight to get her a shower and yes she is agreeable to them . Also their bus that they take their residents to outings is broken ?? I haven't seen them do one since the day she went up there. Needless to say please check on anyone you have there.

She Calls This Community Home

We are very impressed with everything this community has done for us. My mother has adjusted very well to this community. She absolutely loves it here! She calls it home and says she never wants to leave. The community is very well-kept, they keep everything very clean and nice. The staff is amazing, my mother really enjoys the staff. They are caring for her very well, I know she is in good hands. There are many wonderful activities offered. She has even gained some weight. So I know she is eating very well. I am very pleased with her moving here. I would highly recommend it to anyone.

Review of Northstar Place - Kennesaw, GA

Visited 4/15/f2016. Several rooms available the largest apartments I’ve viewed in the Marietta Kennesaw area. Valerie is very nice. The building is large with lots of common areas. The green space in back is large fenced but somewhat plain in mostly lawn

Wonderful Community

Things are going very well for mother since her move into Northstar place. The community is very nice looking and very well maintained. The staff has been wonderful and helpful to my mother, and that is nice to see. She does a few activities that they offer. It is a nice community that I would recommend.

Very nice place

We're very pleased with how things have turned out at Northstar Place, they do a great job! My loved one is in their memory care wing, and the staff there is magnificent. They're really wonderful people! All of the memory care residents are constantly being watched over, and all of their needs are being met. They have a nice variety of activities for them as well! We're just very pleased with his care, overall!

Very nice people. Very nice facility.

Pretty good but some things could be better

The care here is excellent, but activities are only adequate. The food needs help. My mother's been there about 5 weeks, and I've been there 8 or 10 times, and the lunches look as though they are just adequate, and not particularly tasty; for example, I went recently, and they were having these hot dogs that looked terrible. It was just a plain hot dog with a soggy-looking bun and the pork and beans looked like they were canned. I think for what they're spending on food, they can definitely do better.

It's been really great.

It has been really great. The people are super nice. Our only downside is some follow through on family meetings like coordinating his doctors and therapists. There's not much communication back. Other than that, It's a great place . I would totally recommend it. It has been a very good experience. The cleanliness and friendliness is excellent. Everyone has been very friendly and super kind. It's a nice place.

A Wonderful Place To Call Home~

We had been nervous and struggling for months with the task of finding just the right place for Daddy. He was displaying signs of dementia, but still needed to feel independent. It had to be safe, have dedicated and caring staff, as well as be affordable. When we talked to Carol at Northstar, our fears were set aside and we knew we'd found the best possible place for him. The staff is caring, engaging, personable and loving. They treat not only the residents, but also the families, with respect and care. The activities director, Adrienne, is amazing at engaging the residents in daily activities and the cooks try to make sure to make warm and delicious meals for the residents. Yolonda takes care of the case management and is absolutely awesome at what she does. Johnnie and the front desk staff as well as Andrea and all the Med Techs are so helpful and work hard to make each resident feel important. There is a wonderful walking path outside in the back and a garden for those who enjoy being outdoors. The entire place feels like a large plantation home with spacious rooms for everyone to live in. I would recommend this assisted living home to anyone that I cared about.

doing a great job

They are doing a really good job. We'd had such a dreadful experience from where mom came from before, and Northstar Place has been much better. Her condition has improved a lot. She is 95 years old and it is important to me that she is happy and being taken good care of in the time she has left, and they have made that happen. The personnel there (especially Frankie) is fabulous.

A lovely facility, but out of our area.
Community Representative Carol Wisdom has deep experience in this industry and she is wonderful to deal with.

They keep me informed

I enjoy my husband being at Northstar Place because they call and let me know anything that he has done or anything that has happened to him. It is important to me to stay informed and they are great about that. For example, just this morning they called to let me know they found my husband on the floor by his bed. Even though he was alright, they still called to tell me. I like that they keep me so informed.

Review of Northstar Place in Kennesaw, GA

The facility is clean and well kept. The staff is fantastic. They are courteous, takes excellent care of the residents. the residents are always clean and tidy. Their needs are anticipated and attended to promptly.

Review of Northstar Place in Kennesaw, GA

The staff is great! Such a great, fun and nice group of people at Northstar Place.

Review of Northstar Place in Kennesaw, GA

As a hospice nurse I have been in and out of the facility many times. All areas are clean and classy in appearance. Staff is friendly and helpful. In the memory unit.. you can't find a more caring group of people. If I had a family member in need of a home I's choose Northstar Place.

My mom has been a resident here for 3...

My mom has been a resident here for 3 months while it is always rough to make a change the staff was wonderful helping her adjust to her new surroundings. Everyone always has a kind word and always has a smile for all residents....very welcoming atmosphere. I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a secure but pleasant new home.

Nice place, overall

Overall things have gone very well with Sanctuary at Northstar! It is a nice looking, clean community, and the staff have all been very friendly. They take great care of their residents, and I feel like they have been very attentive to my loved ones needs. I thought the food was good all the times I've had it, however I've heard complaints from my loved one that they could use more variety in the vegetables they serve.

Liked the way it "felt"

Toured with Carol and she really listened to what we were saying and seemed focused on a solution for us, not trying to "sell" us. This was not the "newest" or "fanciest" we visited, however, it did have the best over all feelings of warmth, compassion and home. We met staff members who had been with Northstar Place for 12, 8, 10 years! The ED and nurse over the care made time to meet with us and were genuine and caring. We liked that there was a lot of activities going on and what the residents we met had to say to us about their home. Lunch smelled wonderful and dining room was beautiful. Of all the places we have visited this one felt the best for us.

Toured 7/18.Andrea Webb. Ni...

Toured 7/18.Andrea Webb. Nice facility, had everything mom & dad would need. Decor a little outdated.

They were not equipped for my dad. I ...

They were not equipped for my dad. I went in, looked at the place and talked to everybody but my dad needed so much care that they weren't able to take him. Everyone I talked to was very friendly.

Northstar Place is located in Kennesaw, Georgia, just two miles south of Lake Acworth. Our community is in a beautiful wooded setting and resident rooms have views of the trees or of our flower filled courtyard.

We have large outdoor spaces where residents can enjoy sitting in the sun with friends, walking on the meandering paths through the gardens or watching birds flitter through the trees.
Residents may stay as busy or as relaxed as they choose. We offer space for socializing over a card game or watching a movie with friends as well as places for quiet contemplation or solitary pursuits like reading, crafts or puzzles. Our activities include Tai Chi, bingo, live entertainment and trips to town for shopping, errands and dining.

We deliver compassionate care to seniors needing assistance with daily tasks as well as seniors with Alzheimer’s or other memory disorders. We take the wellness of our residents very seriously and offer several services to assist them:

•Registered Nurse available 24 hours a day
•Respite and short term care is available
•Meals planned by registered dietician
•We coordinate with other care providers for home health and hospice care
•On-site physical therapy
•On-site visits from a physician, podiatrist and dentist
•Transportation to medical appointments
•All apartment emergency response systems are interfaced with staff pagers
•All areas accessible by walkers and wheelchairs

Our apartments have the option of being either private or shared and range in size from studio to two bedrooms. Apartments include kitchenettes, private bathrooms with safety features, emergency call system and individual climate controls.