Calusa Harbour - Fort Myers, FL

Outstanding community!!!

Mom misses Calusa

My Mom lived at Calusa Harbor for over 3 years, The only reason she left was to move closer to her family.
Calusa was a wonderful place for her and even though she is in a nice place now, she says "it isn't Calusa".
I can't say enough about the responsiveness and caring of the people who work there. Mom could just call the desk or walk by the desk and someone always greeted her warmly and helped her. This was true of everyone there. The dining room staff, security, bus drivers, and custodians all could not have been more helpful to her. Their quality care helped her through many crisis'. My siblings and I always felt that Calusa kept her safe and happy. We are truly grateful."

It's a rather large community, and very active.

This is a very nice place. The staff is friendly and the community is kept clean. My loved one liked it there. It's a rather large community, and very active.

Not as Nice as You Would Think

You would think "Oh, that would be a beautiful place to live," but when you go inside there is pipes running along the ceiling and it's not as nice as you would have thought. The apartments themselves are cute but they are very tiny. We couldn't live that crammed up, plus we have two little Yorkies. We also heard that the elevators were a problem.

Best Place I've Seen

I can't say one single thing bad about the place. The room was big, the room had a view, it was spectacular. It would have been the very best place. Just comparing the facilities, it was the most magnificent place that I saw. Because of medical condition of my friend, however, he was not ideal candidate. It was the same price as Emeritus, but much brighter, much better maintained, and just gorgeous. Food was delicious and the building was so beautifully maintained. Nothing else compared. Beautiful sitting areas, beautiful plants around the facility; I would move in myself.