Callahan Court - Roseburg, OR

Callahan Court Memory Care Community is dedicated to promoting the social, psychological, spiritual, and physical well being of all residents. Callahan Court seeks to provide the highest quality of life and to make a positive contribution to the larger community of which we are a part.

We believe in the dignity of each individual, recognizing that every person has physical, mental, social, emotional, and spiritual needs and rights, and that these rights must be respected. This respect is reflected in the efforts of the community to assist residents that have been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s Disease or other related dementias. Our intent is to maximize capabilities and allow residents to function as independently as they are able, while providing assistance as needed.

We Needed Less Care

They were wonderful when touring with them. After seeing what they offer we saw that it was not the right fit. She does not need memory care yet.

My husband [Removed] [Removed] was in Callahan Court for two years and very well taken care of.
He loved activities, also the old time fiddlers.
He loved the staff and they loved him.

Impressed

I have visited here several times. Things seem to be going well. I think the people are nice, the food is good and the facility is clean.

I had full confidence that my brother was getting very high quality care which was peace of mind for me.
I have referred other people to go and check it out. My friend [Removed] was a resident there and got same quality of care as my brother.

Positive impression

[Removed] was wonderful and friendly during our interactions. The environment at Callahan Court is very cheerful and upbeat. We ultimately chose another community for my mother.The experience with Callahan was positive and I have heard very good things about their care.I would recommend them.

Home was so important to my mother, and a precious blessing for our family was to see her feel so "at home" at Callahan Court, where she spent the final three and one-half years of her life. The staff and residents became "family" to her--and to our entire family as well, showering authentic loving care and attention on her (and us). The Callahan team was there for us at every level of need, providing Mom with appropriate physical activity, social and learning experiences for purposeful living, quality hygiene and personal care, personalized nutrition, and wonderful attention to her personal preferences. We felt freedom of communication with and willing cooperation from the team throughout her stay there, and when she reached the final stage of life, they so beautifully walked alongside us through hospice care. Even since Mom's passing, we continue to drop in at Callahan Court because of the lasting friendships developed with our "family" there. We can't thank them enough for all they did to help make her final years of life so special and happy.

Mark Ting

Ginny, thank you for leaving this detailed feedback about your experience with Callahan Court Memory Care. We strive to provide the absolute best care to our residents at Callahan Court Memory Care. You really made our day today. Wishing you a great day until the next time we meet.

I viewed several and this place really is the BEST!

The people at Callahan Court were very helpful at this very difficult time in my life. Finding a cozy home type atmosphere was just what my mom needed! She felt at home right away and has been doing so much better than where she had been before. The staff is great with the people there. Very loving and caring place. When i pop in they are doing activities involving the residents. The meals are tasty and have a nice variety. Extra attention is given to the ones that need help eating. The outside area is nice for my mom to go out and set in the sun! She enjoys the flowers. They have taken many extra steps to keep my mom as safe as they can from falls. This place was truly a God send to me!

Mark Ting

Thanks for the review, Car. We strive to provide excellent care to our residents at Callahan Court Memory Care. We are happy to hear that our community has been a positive experience for both you and your mom. Thank you for choosing Callahan Court, and thank you for sharing your feedback!

Management has Room for Improvement

The staff actually performing care for the residents at Callahan Court is caring, hardworking and responsive. However, I have not found the Supervisory staff at either the local or regional levels to be cooperative, helpful, responsive or reasonable. It definitely has the "Big Corporation" feel. The facility does no charting of care for the residents. So at any point in time, they are not aware of what was completed on the previous shift, the night before, etc. Supervisors also do not know, but just think it must be being completed because it has been written in a notebook in their staff area. Not well managed. Cae staff is not well supported by management.

Understaffed

I would say that what they have done well is being consistent. I feel like they are understaffed though, and it is very high priced for the care my mother is receiving. They are slow to respond to requests and it is not integrated well with care from the doctor.

Good place

They are really good here. The only complaint I have is the communication, they do not communicate with me when she runs out of supplies. They are improving on the activities. They are so good with my mother in law. They really like her although she is difficult at times.

Pleased

Everything is going well so far. We are doing good. The staff is attentive, the facility is clean, and the food is great here. So far, we are pleased with Callahan Court. Thank you.

Thrilled!

This community has been a wonderful place for my mother-in-law. The staff is wonderful and do a great job of keeping all of the residents safe and happy. The layout is great, but the rooms are small and there are shared bathrooms, which is the only downside. The community spaces are open and nice and allow for easy access to wheelchairs and walkers. There is also a higher staff to resident ratio on hand at night, which is very comforting. Overall, it has been amazing!

I’ve had nothing except a good experience here.

I’ve had nothing except a good experience here. From my experience I think your family member would be safe here. The food smells and looks great. We chose this community because availably, but now that we’ve been there, we would make this choice again. I’m very glad they had an open bed.