Brookdale Grants Pass Pointe - Grants Pass, OR

Brookdale Grants Pass Pointe - Grants Pass, OR has yet not published prices.

Exceptionally Impressed Overall!

I am exceptionally impressed overall with the cleanliness and upkeep of the community. The staff and caregivers are exceptionally friendly and communicate well with the residents. I have witnessed first hand the residents participating in activities. My loved one also enjoys participating in the activities. The food is satisfactory. There are snacks, coffee, and juice available for the residents. I feel he is in a safe and secure and homey environment.

I would recommend this community.

One of the main reasons we chose this community is that it is really clean. The rooms look out over the outside garden area. My aunt is able to go out into the securely fenced in garden without a chaperone. I feel they do lack a little in the activities department. The food is good and the community works fairly well with her personal caregivers.

very poor nurse

the workers on the floor are the heart and soul but if you got any medical issues you have a nurse who doesnt care about the residents and is incompetent the workers deserve high praise

A place of horrors

My dad had Alzheimer's and we located him in Spring Point. The first two years had some problems. but management wanted to fix them. Then Emeritus bought them out it became a daily horror story and I hear it has gotten worse. Some things were minor like serving these patients shrimp with the shells still on. Then it got much worse, one woman screamed almost constantly in pain and they would do anything. Then as my dad was dying they refused to give my dad and another patient any morphine eventhough a doctor prescribed it. My dad was not the only patient they refused to give morphine on religious grounds. Also, they refused to bath my dad in the last two weeks of his life. There were little activities for the people.

Sam Pollock

We are troubled to hear about your experience with us at Spring Pointe. We work diligently to uphold our promise of serving our seniors with high quality care. We would never refuse or hold morphine from a resident if it was prescribed by their physician; however, we must also follow the parameters of the prescription. For instance, if the prescription is to administer one dose every four hours, we cannot administer another dose before the four hour mark. We never refuse to give medication on religious grounds. We respect all the religions of our residents and never base our care on our own personal beliefs.

Spring Pointe is a Memory Care community and as such, we have residents at all various levels of care. We would never let a resident scream in pain without assisting them. However, screaming may be a symptom of the resident’s disease.

As one of our residents is preparing to pass on, we know that it can be a stressful and painful time for them and their loved ones. In an effort to not add to their pain level, and in accordance with their level of alertness, we keep our residents comfortable with a sponge bath. We work jointly with hospice to bathe the residents for which this would not be an added burden on them during this highly emotional time. If you have any further concerns regarding you and your loved one’s experience with us at Spring Pointe, please contact our community management team or our Ethics First Program at www.emeritus.com/ethics, which allows you to voice your concerns directly, and anonymously, to our Emeritus Leadership team.