Caledonia Senior Living - North Riverside, IL

Caledonia Senior Living - North Riverside, IL has yet not published prices.

Uncaring people who are taking care of our loved ones

Can't even imagine what my dearly departed Grandma had to endure having to be under the same roof with the worker [name removed]. This lady was very RUDE to me, not once but twice after My Mutti past. [Name removed] rudely hung up on me several times.

the facilities are beautiful and the overall atmosphere is very calming. They could use a little more help.

Not what we had been told.

The above ( below) poster said everything i wanted to say.
There are new caregivers everyday, and this past weekend they had NO aides. None.
My elderly friend was in a soiled hospital gown at 10am.
The teeth cleaning thing was confirmed by our dentist- it never happens. There are always 6 or so people in wheel chairs coraled by the desk who cry out for assistance and are mocked by the staff. I'm surprised no one has reported them to the state yet.
And all for a measly $10,000+ a month.

The Scottish Home

This wouldn't be the first choice for a parent, if the choice were to be made again. Each time I'd visit, there would be many new faces at any given time. I talked to the coordinator about the constant turn over of staff. I was told the CNAs don't stay long, because hospitals pay better. Once they get a hospital job they realize how much more work it is. Don't be surprised to see your loved one with food spilled on their clothes when you visit. Also, the wheel chair would be filthy, having remnants of spilled food. I asked about morning hygiene routine, which they were always short on staff. My mother's teeth were brushed only when we brushed them ourselves. Dinner hour was hard to visit, people were sitting there who needed to be fed, rarely enough help. I never left there with a dry eye... The Scottish Home is private pay only. I highly recommend to do some serious research before your loved one moves into The Scottish Home. Although, The Scottish Home is always clean.