Belmont Village Oak Park - Oak Park, IL

They Care

My [Name removed] was there three months. He was 92 yrs old and all who cared for [Name removed] treated him as if he was their dad, grandpa or husband. They could not have been more attentive or loving. I am so grateful he was there. I felt at home also. I was kept informed about his care and felt welcomed at all times. Thank you to all who were there for us.
[Name removed]

Review of Belmont Village

From the moment we walked in, we felt the wrmth and friendlness. Staff and esidnets smile, seem happy and content. Th facility is clean and easy to get around. Everyone is helpful! We couldn't be more pleased.

This facility offers good services and care, however, no independent living options. It is not a good fit at this time.

Very nice facility. Has a lot going on. Higher priced facility; but has a lot that I'm looking for.

Very spotty care.

The worse my parent gets, the less care they take of her. A few caretakers are stellar but many are not patient. attentive, or kind. She has broken bones here, needed stitches and often has dirty hair, How devastating it will be to have to move her at this time. Start somewhere better!

Lorena Grimes

We’re very sorry that you feel your mom has not received a consistently high standard of care. We always strive to provide the best possible care and input from family is an important factor in helping us do so. Please reach out to your executive director so that she can schedule a care meeting with you, the director of resident care services and the regional director of operations to address your specific concerns going forward and ensure that your mom receives the best possible care.

My mom has been at Belmont Village for 5 years. They've been wonderful years for her & for me. Not only is Belmont a great facility, it has done the most important thing of all - taken the stress of worrying about my dear, sweet Mom off my mind & heart.

My mother has Alzheimer's. She is in an advanced state but in good health & spirit. I live in another state so I am not able to see her as much as I would like to. The staff at Belmont keeps me abreast of her life there, good & bad. It's like having a professional family working w/you to cover all the needs of your loved one.

I'm notified of Moms appts., physical therapy, personal needs & even her moods. The staff keeps a close eye out for anything "different" that may need the assistance of a nurse or a doctor. Any doctor appts., a PAL (staff member) goes w/ Mom to make sure she's safe & also to keep her company. The relationship between Mom & the PALS is of utmost importance. Mama is accustomed to their faces & kindness. She trusts & enjoys them even tho she may not always "mind" them. The residents are not forced to do anything, just gently guided w/patience next to Godliness.

Speaking of guidance, there is so much activity going on at Belmont, believe your loved one will be kept alert & on their toes. They hear the news, (via the PALS), the date, see movies, exercise & are constantly having celebrations from birthdays to holidays. The nurse administers meds on a schedule as dictated by your doctor. And any changes or questionable physical conditions will be reported to you by the Belmont Village nurse. They keep a sharp eye out on my mom as she can't communicate aches, pains, etc. because of her Alzheimer's. I've grown to appreciate them more than I could ever convey.

The residence itself is beautiful. I'm happy to know my mom is walking around surrounded by windows, plants, pictures, comfy chairs & couches with music playing. By the way, the residences are always welcomed to sing along & they sure do. When I'm in for a visit, I attend the parties & sing along too! It's fun & easy to see the residents are enjoying themselves.

My mom is always well groomed & she gets mani/pedis at the beauty salon right on the premises. I speak to her often as there is a phone on her floor that I can call anytime of the day or night. Hearing Moms voice & her hearing mine as often as I want is a blessing. Every once in a while, she'll ask me to call back later as she's having so much fun involved in some activity or other she "can't talk". Yes, I did say she is in an advanced state of Alzheimer's. The staff at Belmont have provided her such excellent care, she does quite a few things that are pleasantly surprising. I can honestly say she is thriving!

I can't leave out a little something that EVERYBODY comments on & likes - the food!! The food!! The food!! Any special diet requirements are strictly monitored but never the less the food manages to stay yummy. I don't know how Belmont does it but my Mom, who LOVES the food, is still in good shape! I'd be bigger than a snow person if it was me but that's also a testament to the professionals in the kitchen. The cooking & menus are balanced & healthy! Lots of smiling tummies at meal time.

Sounds like a little piece of heaven on earth, right? Well, it is. Watching our loved ones age is a tough reality. Do yourself a favor & house them somewhere they'll be happy, carefully monitored, well feed, kept busy having fun & loved. Yes, I said loved! The peace of mind you receive will be priceless. I am lucky to have found Belmont Village and I am grateful to have my Mommie reside there.

Lorena Grimes

Thank you for choosing Belmont Village and for sharing your experience. It's our privilege to serve your mother and we appreciate you letting us be a part of your family. Input from residents and families is an integral part of our ongoing care so we encourage you to continue to regularly share your thoughts and concerns with your community team.

Good respite stay

My mother stayed here for two weeks for respite. It was a positive experience. They offered quality care, the community is clean and she enjoyed the meals. They had musicians come in during her stay as well. Overall I would recommend them.

My Thought Of The Tour

This looked like a nice clean community when I visited. The people I met were nice. I would recommend this community, however it did feel more like a convalescent home

Decided that Oak Park was just a little too far from family & friends...never toured Belmont Village. Have heard many wonderful things though.

Would not recommened

My mom was at this community. The staff was nice,but we did not get everything we had thought we would get here. The food was appealing with a variety. Activities were offered to her here. The staff was friendly, but we needed more care for her. I would not recommend for others at this time.

Lorena Grimes

Thank you for the opportunity to serve your family. We’re sorry to hear that you feel we did not meet your expectations. We understand the importance of finding the right fit for your loved one and we appreciate your feedback. We wish your family the best.

Wonderful experience--the experts in memory-related care

We called Belmont Village after it was clear Mom needed more structure, a smaller environment and a facility focused on memory care. She has been there about a month. We moved her from a Brookdale facility...

This is a wonderful place with very knowledgeable staff--from the marketing folks, to management and the nursing director. The nurses are always responsive when we call with questions or ask to review her medications.

Small, home-like, studio or one BR apartments with different levels of assistance. Most of the staff has been there 8-10 years and they are well-trained for seniors with memory issues, dementia.

Good activities and memory related games. Not inexpensive but fairly priced for the expertise and level of service.

Would highly recommend if you have a parent/ family member with memory issues. We finally feel comfortable that Mom is well taken care of--and they support us as well.

The Gentleman I Spoke With Was Nice

The gentleman I spoke to at this community was a very kind. He was informative and answered my questions. He did inform me he didn't think they would be able to provide to level of caring my mother needed. I appreciate that he did not waste my time.

Lorena Grimes

Thank you for considering Belmont Village. We understand the importance of finding the right fit for your loved one and wish you the best in your search.

Review of Belmont Village Oak Park - Oak Park, IL

Has respite for memory care but I would have to hire a home health nurse to come in and change colostomy skin barrier. Colostomy unpredictable....will not fit our needs.

Transition to Belmont

My family was grateful for the prompt responses when we inquired about relocating our Mom to Belmont. Some of the initial promises were not kept but the staff were collaborative in problem solving when we approached them with our concerns. Family was consistently present during the transition but the true test will be how care is occurring on future visits when we drop in. My Mom is sad about leaving her former living arrangements at Brookdale but her condition warranted increased expertise with memory care. We are hopeful Belmont can deliver on their promises. To date, the PALS have been attentive, patient and caring which we, as her out of town children, deeply appreciate.

Lorena Grimes

Thank you for your feedback about your experience with us so far. We’re glad to know that the staff has been responsive in resolving concerns and that you’re happy with the care our PALs have provided. We understand that a move like this is not easy. Our goal is to make the transition as smooth as possible for our residents and family members. Our team is dedicated to providing a supportive, caring home for your mom, and they are there for your family as well. Please don’t hesitate to let them know if you need anything.

An Exeption

I am very impressed with Belmont Village for its cleanliness, friendliness but most of all the respect the staff shows to the residents and visitors.

I highly recommend it!

They treat the patients with dignity

Mother and I feel we made the absolute best decision by putting my aunt in Belmont Village Oak Park. I will say the billing is terrible. I gave them a check at the end of August and they haven't deposited it yet and cant find it. Also my aunt is wearing the same clothes every time we go visit. I wish the staff were a little more cognoscente since they are in memory care. Other than that I am extremely pleased. The facility is very homey and very clean. They treat the patients with dignity. That is so important when you are taking care of Alzheimer patients.

Looks are deceiving

Don't believe what you see, because looks are very deceiving. My mother moved into the Belmont on a Sunday afternoon very vibrant and full of life and when I went to see her the next day, less than 24hrs. Later she was unable to walk on her own and was sitting in her own waiste.. So much waiste that her depends could NOT hold it all and it spilled onto the chair she was sitting in. The following day she was even worse.. We had to rush her next door via ambulance. If you care anything about your loved one, Don't take them to Belmont village.

Lorena Grimes

We’re sorry that we did not meet your expectations during your mother’s transition to our community. It can be a challenging process for both resident and family and we always want to provide a positive experience. Our executive director is available at the community and would be happy to meet with you to discuss your concerns further, along with our regional vice president of operations.

great facility

Belmont Village Oak Park was great facility. The only thing that I would say needs improving is when it came time for the nurses to give medication to my dad we had to hunt them down. They were not very good about that. Other than that everybody was just great there. The staff were very attentive.

You feel very comfortable knowing your loved one is there..

They are very friendly. The staff is very reasonable to work with. They are very caring. The facility is clean. The care services are excellent. They do a great job taking care of my loved one. Overall, it's a very nice place. You feel very comfortable knowing your loved one is there. The Belmont Village Oak Park is a really nice community. I am very pleased with all of the services. Everything has been great.

Saw this one already. It was nice but not a ton of outdoor space and I didn't love the rooms.
Seemed to have good care though

A Joyful place for Mom!

When my mother was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s Disease 6 years ago, I began to think forward to the time when she would no longer be able to live on her own. Unfortunately, it was evident this past summer that she was no longer safe living independently, nor could she keep up with the responsibilities of home maintenance.
As a hospice nurse, I had become familiar with the array of assisted living facilities in the area. When posing the question to my peers as to where they would have their loved ones live, Belmont Village of Oak Park was mentioned over and over again.
From my first phone call I knew that Belmont was special and the ideal place for Mom to begin her new life. All of my questions were answered thoroughly, and preparing for Mom’s move was done with precision and efficiency.. We were blessed to be guided in the journey by Rollin Smith, who showed us all of the available rooms (numerous times!) until we were able to envision the perfect one for Mom.
Upon her move, Mom was immediately enveloped by the compassion and kindness that is the hallmark of the facility. She is in awe of the variety of activities offered, and the way that she feels cared for and loved. She looks and feels better now that she is eating regularly and healthfully, and speaks constantly of the special group of friends who have become like family. I truly have never seen her this happy or stimulated. I feel such a sense of peace knowing that the Belmont Village of Oak Park family has made her life so joyful.

Good Personalized Care Small commnity paid for what get

Although its part of a chain though service and personal attention was good. Food choice is limited and portions are small. Staff responds to complaints very well but you need to stay on top of making sure that all service are paid for are provided.

Charade

Nothing is what it appears, believe half of what they tell you, you'll never get the same answer twice, experts at telling you what you want to hear and not following through. There's only one nurse for the entire building and tends to no show alot with no backup, the visiting doctor may or not keep the appointment. I shudder to think of my mother's health if it weren't for the outside visiting nurse. So, if pricey parties and good food is your thing, I would think a cruise ship, a more enjoyable value.

Lorena Grimes

Thank you for the opportunity to serve your family. Our executive director is on-site and available to meet with you to discuss your concerns about your mother’s care. If you would like to discuss your concerns directly with our regional vice president of operations, ask your executive director for her information. We appreciate your feedback and rely on input from our residents and their families to help us maintain the highest possible standard of care and service.

I give them six out of five!

I am really happy with them. They really reached out to help my mom. She is happy with all the activities there. My only problem is that my loved one doesn't always like to go down they charge to bring it up. It's really nice, they really work with you. I really happy with them, and Director Ned is really willing to work with you.

They have a lot of activities.

This is a nice facility. I think they are short on nursing staff because it took a hour for them to come and get the medicine for my parents to start administering the medicine. They have a lot of activities for my mom in memory care.

It's going well.

It's going well. It's a give and take and learning a person and a family, there are growing pains. The food is excellent, and the staff is friendly, and working with us. They are responsive, and the activities seem to be appropriate. I don't know how they monitor the topics for the circle of friends, and know what ones work and which ones are not as effective, or if they do. It's clean, but they have roommates, and the price is a little high, they have taken a room for a single person, a one bedroom, and one person is in the room, and one in the common area, and I don't particularly care for the setup.

Friendly, caring staff

They do a great job at Belmont Village, I'd give them top marks across the board. They know their residents very well, and do everything they can to meet each person's individual needs. We've had a great experience with them, and I would recommend them highly to anyone looking for senior care.

They are great!

They are great! The staff is friendly, and the place is clean. It's a good value. The food would be about a four. The billing is a pretty sad thing, at least initially. The only other thing, is just the coordination of patient care, the communication between departments can be a little slow, everything is done manually, it's not a big issue, but can delay things a bit. I liked that they had three meals instead of just the two I saw at most places. The staff to resident ratio was really good, and I liked that they had a 24/7 nurse on staff, rather than 16/6 or so that most places had.

An extraordinary place to live and receive care

The staff, nurses and CNA's at Belmont Village are what make it an extraordinary place to live and receive care. From the Executive Director on down, these people learn what is important to your loved one, and they go about making it happen. My mom received different levels of care while at Belmont Village, and each experience, although stressful to her family, was carefully set in context of her overall caregiving strategy, so that it occurred seamlessly and holistically. I would definitely recommend Belmont Village to a friend, so take my word for it, and go check it out for your loved one! They do a lot for the seniors, and have a nice ratio of men and women, so that your loved one will be able to fellowship and enjoy life in a new home environment. Thank you and kudos to Belmont.

Place for Mom-Belmont Village

Thanks to a Place for Mom--they sent us very helpful information--we finally decided on Belmont Village.
Rollin Smith and Pat Porter were outstanding in helping us
figure out what to do. They were supportive and so understanding to all our concerns. Well on June 13, we finally decided to make the move. All we can say that
this facility is super.

Very good

Thanks for giving me a chance to express what I've experienced in the past 5 1/2 weeks.

I've enjoyed meeting various people who are taking of my husband They've shown care and concern. Whatever situation that I've come across, they have been extremely concerned about the effect that it has had on me.

They try hard to do what is expected and once they know what is going on, shortly thereafter they try to solve the problem.

I've rested quite well since he's been there. Belmont is not far from me, I can be there in approximately 5 minutes or less. I'm pleased with most of their services. If I had to rate them on a scale of 1 to 10, they would definitely be 9 1/2.

It was nice.

It was nice. The food was good, they insisted we stay for a meal. The rooms were nice and it was a new facility. If hadn't been so far away I would have chose them. The people seemed knowledgable and they seemed to have good care. I only toured the community, so my experience is limited.

I think they do everything near perfect.

The food is an absolute 5+, it is fabulous, they have a great chef and they are always catering to her taste. I eat there whenever I can. They do offer activities but she doesn't participate in them much. They were extremely open in presenting themselves when we first visited. They insisted we have lunch with them, so we knew the food was good right away. The salespeople were lovely and straightforward and easy to deal with. They are extremely thorough and caring. I think they do everything near perfect. They've really got their act together.

belmont village

Mom went into Belmont Village just over a month ago and so far they have been great. They keep her mind active (for the dementia) all day long and the nurses and workers have been very friendly and observant of the patients need. The food has been very good with a nice variety and the building has been very festive with the decorations for the holidays. I have talked with several other patients family members who have had their relative in Belmont Village for years and they all seem very happy overall.

seemed very nice, but not a...

seemed very nice, but not a good fit for G.

Would like more affordable memory care

Overall I like the location, the staff I think is wonderful, they're very helpful. The administrator is amazing, Donna, she's very proactive and I just can't say enough good things about her. I think it's the memory care program and the cost of that that could improve. It's an additional 2000 per month and even though it goes on day after day and for hours, personally, I think they need to factor in the people who can't afford it but need it, or at least offer a substitute program that would allow more people to come into it. Belmont was a little more expensive than some of the other places we were looking at but they have a nice sized room and they like it there.

More sprawled

It was our second choice, it was just a little more ecostly as a non refundable deposit and that was a little bit prohibitive, it was like 4,500 dollars. WE felt very welcomed, it was a little bit larger than Sunrise, a little bit more sprawly because it was kind of laid out in sections instead of floors so I had less of a feel for where the people are.

Liked the facility, felt ...

Liked the facility, felt more spacious than others, lovely dining space

Good Community

The community is a little pricey. They could try and engage the residents a little more. They have a wide variety of activities for the residents but just need to encourage them to participate more. The community is very attractive and it very clean. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The community is very nice and I would recommend it to anyone.

I have toured the facility and it is ...

I have toured the facility and it is extremely my favorite.

I spoke with them last week. They ca...

I spoke with them last week. They called the resident care director at Brookside where my mom is now. They think they can take her. I liked this place and it is so close.

Very nice. The crowd seemed a little ...

Very nice. The crowd seemed a little more sedentary.

Near Rush Oak Park Hopsital

Near Rush Oak Park Hopsital

Belmont Village of Oak Park is located in the heart of historic Oak Park, a western suburb of Chicago. Our senior living residents don’t have to go far to enjoy all the “Windy City” has to offer. Close to the facility are shops, galleries, places of worship, and RUSH Oak Park Hospital. And when their destination is more than walking distance, free transportation via our own Belmont Village bus is available.

Inside the Belmont Village community, residents and their guests discover an abundance of amenities including elegant areas for gathering, events and entertainment. Residents can also find pleasure in Belmont’s signature programs in hospitality, dining, lifelong learning and fitness. The skyline view from the sixth floor is also a comfortable gathering spot for residents and their guests. And those with support needs benefit from one of the best-trained, responsive staffs in senior living.