|Room Type||Monthly Range* (USD)|
Get Pricing >
Get Pricing >
$ X,XXX - X,XXX
Get Pricing >
Get Pricing >
Click Here to Get Pricing: Get Pricing
* Published prices are provided by the providers themselves, not by reviewers. Actual quotes may differ from what is presented based on timing and services required.
- Minimum Age of Accepted Residents
- Activities Onsite
- Devotional Services Available
- Indoor Common Areas
- Meals Provided
- Aging in Place
- Nurses on Staff
- Podiatrist Available
- Physical Therapy Available
- Occupational Therapy Available
- Speech Therapy Available
- Complimentary Transportation
- Activities Offsite
- Outdoor Common Areas
- Beauty & Barber Services
- Pets Allowed
- No Smoking Allowed in Private Areas Indoors
- No Smoking Allowed in Public Areas Indoors
- Wheelchair Accessible Showers
- Respite Available
- Resident Parking Available
- Doctor on Call
- Nurse on Call
- Homecare Onsite
- Dentist Available
Medical Center Lacking
Medical Center not up to par. Always understaffed. My parent has had to wait days and in two instances over a week to be seen for an urgent issue. Huge problem for the past several years. Residents don't want to complain in fear of being singled out. Social activates are great. The food is great. Medical services should be the TOP priority at a senior community. The logo says "Brooksby Village" Worry free retirement. Not true!
Working out well so far
Things have worked out well so far for my Mom here. It is a clean, nice looking facility, and they've provided everything she has needed carewise thus far. The staff I've interacted with have been fine, and although my Mom does not participate they seem to have a good variety of activities. This community also provided a good value for the type of services we were looking for.
Not so Good in Hindsight
We had to withdraw my mother from Brooksby because of a discrepancy over money. At the time, I thought that she was getting good care, but in hindsight, it wasn't as good as it could have been. She is getting much better care now. They did do activities, but it was always large group activities, so it was hard for all of the residents to get really involved. The food always looked good, although I never had it.
Brooksby Village is located in humble Peabody, MA, a quaint New England town located in the North Shore region of Massachusetts. Residents can enjoy historical landmarks in town or in nearby towns like Salem.
- Population: The population of Peabody is a little less than 52,500 people. Residents are a more mature crowd with the average age just under 45 years old.
- Walkability: Peabody has a walk score of 42, meaning most errands require a vehicle. Some areas, such as the Towne Center, have higher walk scores.
- Senior Facilities: Peabody is home to several senior facilities.
- Weather: Residents can expect weather typical for the New England region, including warm summers with highs in the 80s and 90s and cold winters. The area receives a fair amount of snowfall and wind.
Peabody is full of historical sites to visit, a skating park, a popular golf course, and a very popular mall.
Brooksby Village offers some transportation assistance, and the MBTA commuter rail has a station in nearby Salem, MA. The MBTA bus system also runs in Peabody. Other forms of transportation include:
- Sunshine Taxi: Taxi cabs available for rides in and around town.
- Navigator Transport: Taxi cabs available for rides in and around town.
- Logan Express Peabody: Rides to Logan Airport.
As a suburb of Boston, MA, Peabody is near some of the world's best medical care. Several hospitals and medical centers are available to residents, including a full medical center located at Brooksby Village. Other facilities include:
- Kindred Hospital North Shore: Routine and emergency care, home care, specialists, and more.
- Lahey Medical Clinic: Primary care and specialists providing routine and urgent care.
Sports & Leisure
The Peter A. Torigian Community Life Center has been open in Peabody since 1991. This facility, managed by the Peabody Council on Aging, provides activities, entertainment, fitness, social services, and more to senior residents. They even offer transportation services for appointments and shopping trips. Some of the other activities in the area are:
- Golf Courses: The Meadow at Peabody is an 18-hole golf course open to the public. It offers a variety of midweek specials and discounts.
- Tennis Courts: Towns near Peabody have tennis courts available.
The Community Center offers many classes catering to a variety of interests.
Peabody is known for the Northshore Mall, home to favorite stores and restaurants. The mall attracts thousands of shoppers every year, especially on the popular tax-free day.
For other shopping, you can visit any of these:
- Liberty Tree Mall: In nearby Danvers, MA, another Simon Mall with a smaller collection of stores and restaurants.
- Target: everyday goods and groceries.
- Walmart: Walking distance from Brooksby Village.
- Costco: Warehouse selling bulk items.
Grocery stores include:
- Shaw's Supermarkets: Chain grocers with grocery items.
- Trader Joe's: Grocery store chain with basic and unique items.
- Market Basket: Chain grocery store with grocery items.
For a quick bite to eat on the go, residents can expect to find the usual fast food chains. Some of the favorites for the area include:
- Sonic: Burgers and fries.
- Chick-fil-A: chicken served several ways.
- Five Guys: Burgers and fries.
- Honey Dew Donuts: chain serving coffee and donuts.
If you are looking for a sit-down family dinner, there are plenty of options in the area. Some of the favorites are:
- The Cheesecake Factory: Family-style comfort food.
- Legal Seafoods: Fresh seafood from Massachusetts shores.
- Toscana's Restaurant: Italian favorites served family-style.
Residents who want to take in a movie can head to AMC Theatres. Located conveniently at the Liberty Tree Mall, it's a comfortable IMAX theatre showing the latest and greatest titles.
Residents who feel adventurous should head next door to spooky Salem, the site of the Salem witch trials. Visit the House of Seven Gables Witch Museum to learn the entire history. Graveyards of the alleged witches are available for viewing along with unique shops.
If staying home with a good book sounds like a better idea, pick one up at the Peabody Public Library. You can also find passes to local museums and exhibits for either free or at a discounted price.
Churches in this area welcome those following many faiths. Brooksby Village has its own chapel, and for those wishing to find a church in town can check out
- Sovereign Grace Community Church
- South Congregational Church
- Carmelite Chapel
- Our Lady of Fatima Church
Peabody is a truly charming New England town with big city amenities, rich in history and exploration possibilities.