Brookhaven Manor - Ann Arbor, MI

Brookhaven was lovely; the units were beautiful, and there were lots of activities available if people want to participate. Overall very impressive.

Meals are very good and the outings nice. I think the apartments are very nice and its nice to have a salon onsite. The beautician is very good on giving a haircut.

Candace Little

I am happy to know that you enjoy everything that Brookhaven has to offer! You deserve it!

Leasing Consultant

They treat me like I am a king! The place is so clean and the food is excellent.

Candace Little

I am glad that you feel like a King! It is for those reasons that we have won Best Senior Living by Senior Advisor.com 6 years in a row! You live in one of the best of the best! Your feeeback matters and is appreciated.
Leasing Consultant

I am very pleased with the care my mother has received here at Brookhaven. The staff is friendly.
[Removed] has gone the extra mile in caring for my mother.
The computer lab is wonderful.

Candace Little

I am happy to hear that you are pleased with the care that is provided here at Brookhaven Manor for your Mother and that you are enjoying the computer room. It is our pleasure to provide great services to our residents as well as their guest.
Thank you!
Leasing Consultant

I have absolutely no negative thoughts or opinions of Brook Haven Manor. I love it here. I have lived here over four years and shall continue to live here!!!

Candace Little

Thank you for sharing how you feel about Brookhaven Manor. I am glad you feel love it here and truly enjoy having you as a resident!

Good living

My dad is doing good and likes living at Brookhaven Manor. The atmosphere is very warm and inviting. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I haven't had a chance to dine there with my dad yet but he raves about the food. The meals have a lot of choices and variety. They have a courtyard that is nicely landscaped. I would recommend this community to others.

Candace Little

Thank you for comments about Brookhaven Manor. I am happy to know that you and your father finds our community to be warm and inviting! Your recommendation is greatly appreciated! Thank you again.

Safe Community

So far all is well for my love one with his move to this community. I do feel he is safe, and in good hands overall.

Candace Little

Thank you for choosing Brookhaven for your loved one. We believe in providing the best customer service possible and glad things are going well!

What a find!

What a find! Upon moving my 90 year old mother to her own apartment in Brookhaven after selling her home in CA, she exclaimed "I never want to move again". This wasn't because the experience was difficult, but because she can't imagine a nicer place to live. She lives in her own apartment that appears to be in a tree house, as it is on the 3rd floor. She loves the light filled apartment and patio/balcony, the new cabinets, counters and flooring, and most importantly, the numerous opportunities for social connection, group activities and entertainment, delicious food and the warmest, friendliest staff and occupants. She couldn't be happier, and while she hopes to never need the additional services offered by two in-house care-giving organizations, she is glad they are there to assist others to age in place. Brookhaven Manor is a real find..affordable and offering just the right services.

Candace Little

Thank you Carol! We know it is not always easy to relocate from out of state and/or from a home that was lived in for so many years. It is important that we provide an environment for our residents to thrive! It's great to hear that your Mom is socializing and couldn't be happier! She gave up her home and life in sunny California for the warmth of Brookhaven Manor! We could not be happier! Thank you again, Candace Little Leasing Consultant

I Love It Here

I'am doing well with my move to this community. I really do love it here, and everything is working out very well. I'am pleased with all they have done for me. This is a lovely community.

Candace Little

Thank you! We are delighted that you love it here at Brookhaven Manor! You deserve to have a warm and lovely place to call home.

Mom is Doing Great with Her Move to This Community

Everything is working out very well with my mothers move to this community. She is doing well, and I'am comfortable with her move here. The staff is great. They have been very kind, and polite. They have many resources available for the residents. They have an exercise room, computer room, and a library. They have a nice bistro, and she is very pleased with meals. The community is very well-kept. They do a great job with the cleanliness. This is a community I would definitely recommend, it's a great place.

Elizabeth Forkner

Thank you for kind words regarding Brookhaven Manor. We are happy to hear that your Mom is doing well and feels comfortable here. The Brookhaven Manor staff takes pride in outstanding customer service, great meals, keeping our community well maintained and providing great resources to our residents. Thank you again for sharing and we are will continue to keep up the great work!

Warm regards,

A nice tour.

This community was clean when we visited. The staff were helpful and friendly. There were additional nursing service available through a nursing service, however this did seem a little complicated. This community was a little more expensive than the community we chose.

Candace Little

Thank you so much. We appreciate your feedback and it means alot to our staff. We enjoy working here at Brookhaven Manor and providing great customer service. The additional services that are available on site here at Brookhaven are through two different companies. They provides options for Seniors who want independent living and personal care support services to be all under one roof as an option. Lots of residents and their families desire resources that are on site and 24/7, so during your visit we like to show you the locations of the senior services and give the hand outs simply as an overview and how to contact them directly for more details if desired. Again, your feedback is important and greatly appreciated. Your compliments mean a lot!
Thank you, Candace Little, Leasing and Marketing Director

Helping Mom Move

Brookhaven has been an answer to our prayers. We had a very hard time convincing my mom that she needed to move. She was very isolated, and was becoming increasingly depressed. We had toured several facilities and she hated all of them. Then we toured Brookhaven. My mom got to have lunch with a resident of Brookhaven who not only shared with her the many wonderful things that the community had to offer, but spoke truthfully with her regarding her own struggles leaving her home of 45 years. We toured with the manager of the building Holly and my mom just loved her. My mom left feeling hopeful about a potential move in her future.

A few months later we came back to tour again and met with both Nancy and Christina. Who again, made my mom feel welcome and at ease with her decision to move. We decided to get on the waitlist for the style of apartment that my mom wanted and we left a deposit. Now instead of arguing with my mom about needing to move, she keeps asking me when they're going to have an apartment ready for her. I can't tell you how thankful I am for the ladies at Brookhaven. Oh and the food is GREAT by the way!

Candace Little

Wow ! that is wonderful to hear and we also look forward to welcoming your mother as a new resident to our community and Holly,Nancy and myself thank you for all the wonderful things that were shared.It definitely puts a smile on our face to know that we were able to help and make mom feel welcome.Please let us know if there is anything you need as you make your transition. Thank you again,

Christina

P.S YES THE FOOD IS GREAT

Amazing staff

I absolutely love that our mother loves it here. She's only been here maybe 2 months, but loves everything about it, and we can't say enough about the staff. They are amazing, and the ladies in the office, Chris, Nancy, and Holly are amazing. We need more loving people like these ladies, definately will give recognition to these women. Thumps up, we thank you.

Candace Little

Thank you so much for your kind words.
We work hard to make sure our residents are happy and well taken care of at the same time.Please dont hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.

Sincerely,
Christina Louk,Leasing and Marketing Director

Friendly, accommodating staff

Our experience with Brookhaven Manor has been a very good one! The facility is clean and well kept, and the staff is friendly and professional. I've been particularly impressed by the level of communication between the administrative staff and families, they're very customer service oriented.

Candace Little

Thank you so much we appreciate your feedback and it means alot to our staff here at Brookhaven to know that you are happy with the level of care and communicaton you have with us.
We will continue to work hard at making sure we are on the same level as far as communicating with you and your loves ones.
Christina Louk,
Leasing and Marketing Director

great place

Brookhaven Manor was a great place for my aunt who is 96. It gives her some independence. She adjusting well. I haven't seen too many activities but what I have seen is a 5. Overall things are going well at this facility.

Candace Little

We have lots of activities and outings going on here at Brookhaven Manor. Fashion shows, musical performances, craft shows, happy hour, games, movie night and so much more! I am glad your aunt is adjusting well!

Leasing Consultant

so pleasant and so helpful

At Brookhaven Manor they are so pleasant and so helpful. Everything she has needed taken care of they do. I am just very impressed by this facility. It has been a great experience. It gets all five stars across the board from me.

Candace Little

We are so glad to hear that everything is working out well! We take pride in providing our residents with the best services and a warm environment.

Leasing Consutlant

Nice place, but not a great fit for me

Brookhaven Manor is a clean, well kept, very attractive facility, and the staff all seem very friendly and professional. However it just hasn't been a very good fit for me. The average age of the residents is very high, and I am on the younger side myself so this has made things a bit difficult socially. The activity directors here are very nice people, and they work hard, but due to the age of the population there just aren't many people participating. I've also been disappointed with the food, it's all just been a lot of salt and fat, and all of the snacks they have available are cakes and cookies. Many of the residents really seem to love it here, but I just don't feel like it is a good fit for me.

It was great. I really liked Brookhaven.

This is one of the places I toured. It was great. I really liked Brookhaven. The price was very affordable, but the sizes of the rooms were a bit small.

Nice place!

We toured, and ended selecting, this community for our loved one. We looked at quite a few, and we thought this one was very nice overall! It is clean and well kept, and the staff are friendly. I do think they could do a better job with the food, however.

My husband and I really lik...

My husband and I really liked this facility, but mom noted that the apartments are smaller than those at American House.

We really hit it off with H...

We really hit it off with Holly the director and got a great feeling about the community. A lot of smiling faces, music and dancing when we visited. Talked with several residents who had lived there in the range of 9-12 years. More men in evidence than usual. We left a deposit to get on the waiting list for a 2BR apartment. On the other hand, the rooms were undistinguished, although they had a nice balcony with goof view. Hallways were narrow and confined looking. Facility showed some normal wear.

Candace Little

Thank you for your review and I hope that you are moved in by now and enjoying the newly remodeled Brookhaven Manor! Brookhaven Manor is Ann Arbor's best kept secret with a lot of long time smiling residents!

Kind regards,
Leasing Consultant

Great new home at a reasonable cost

Brookhaven has many positive features to it. It is conveniently located near a shopping mall, restaurants, and grocery stores. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. There are many levels of services of care available that can be added or discontinued with a phone call. The facility is clean and common areas are inviting. There are a variety of activities available for the residents. I feel this was the perfect choice for my mom and she really enjoys her new home.

Candace Little

We appreciate hearing the great news about your Mom enjoying her new home at Brookhaven Manor. We have a wonderful staff, great location, along with additional services, activities and outings for our resident to enjoy! This is what retirement living should be about! We know our residents have given up their homes, downsized and we want to make living at Brookhaven Manor the best move they've ever made. Welcome home!

Leasing Consultant

My parents love it there!! Wonderfu...

My parents love it there!! Wonderful people and great food!!

Candace Little

Thank you for your review. we appreciate your kind words :)

Great place but wasn't right for mom

That was lovely but she had too much freedom. She really needed more care than we could get there, she needed somebody to give her medications. You could get the extra services but they were very expensive. We were just getting by as far as her finances and then with the added cost of somebody giving her medications and she was in the habit of not going down for meals so we had to pay someone to go and take her down. There were a lot of activities that we were paying for that she never really used either, but she's never really been a joiner. A lot of people were wealthy and got dressed up for dinner and she got all paranoid that they were looking down their noses at her so she didn't want to go down for dinner and we'd have to pay for her to get lunch instead. It was a lovely place but it just didn't work for her.

Candace Little

Thank you for sharing. Brookhaven Manor is an independent living community which allows residents to have the freedom of living in their apartment home while enjoying additions serves such as daily meals, social activities and outings. We are sorry that Brookhaven Manor was not a good fit for your mom and hope all is working out for her since moving.

Kind regards,

Leasing Consutlant

Took a tour of the facility...

Took a tour of the facility with Nancy. The apts were very nice. Nancy was very kind and answered all of my questions. Even got a follow-up phone call from Sue. I thought that it was very thoughtful. Unfortuantly the cost did not work out.

Candace Little

We are glad you enjoyed your visit and for the kind remarks about Brookhaven Manor.

Leasing Consultant

this is a beautiful fasility and seem...

this is a beautiful fasility and seems very dedicated.

Candace Little

Thank you for the kind remarks about Brookhaven Manor. We are Ann Arbor's best kept secret!

Leasing Consultant

Very nice...thinks she will choose th...

Very nice...thinks she will choose this one.

Candace Little

Thank you for sharing you for choosing Brookhaven Manor. Our goal is to always provide quality service and community for residents to thrive!

Leasing Consultant

Imagine coming home to the welcoming sound of friendly voices and the warm smiles of people who truly take an interest in you. To a place where you are free from daily tasks, free to spend your time with your friends, or free to enjoy the privacy of your own apartment home…the choice is always yours. Included in your monthly apartment rental is dinner served in our beautiful dining room, weekly housekeeping service including laundering of flat linens, all utilities (except cable and phone), a variety of activities and entertainment, scheduled van transportation to shopping, banking and entertainment, wellness and fitness programs and emergency response service. No security deposit nor endowment fees required. A pet is welcome (some size restrictions apply).

Innovations Share the Care Program is available to offer a little extra personal assistance. The program provides care packages to meet your needs with fees lower than one to one private home health care services.