Brookdale Brighton - Brighton, MI

Brookdale Brighton - Brighton, MI has yet not published prices.

[Name removed] was very précise with costs and very accommodating with sharing information as well as touring us through different room choices. Very nice rooms with doorwalks. Smelled so clean in the halls. Felt like we were in a 5 star restaurant in the dining area. The people (tenants and employees were all very friendly). Very large facility.

My mom loves this facility. It’s gorgeous and the staff were all very nice. The lunch was pretty good.

Beautiful grounds, well appointed entrance. Classy, upscale look in the dining rooms. All the staff smiling and friendly. The guests were smiling, happy and greeted us as we toured the facility. [name removed] was very informative, went out of his way to be helpful and showed us he really likes what he does. The guests were glad to see him!

We have a scheduled appointment on Saturday at 11:00am. I toured the facility a few months ago and it was awesome.

Dad Is Doing Well In This Community

This community is working out pretty well for my father with his move here. I do feel he is safe, and in good hands. They do a decent job with the cleanliness around the community. The staff is good, and taking good care of him, and his needs. They provide nice meals, and offer good activities for the residents. The experience is going well for us in this community, and I would recommend it.

Very nice. Still interested in this facility. Staff great, location good, grounds and outside a little "sad" but interior is above average. Prices excellent.

All A's

This is a really nice community, and my father is doing pretty well since his move here. They have a really nice staff at this community. I know he is safe, and in good hands. I do think they need more of a variety of activities for the residents to choose from. They provide well balanced meals. I would give this community all A's in everything. All the residents love living here. It is a great facility, and I would recommend it.

Not a good experience

I was not impressed with the customer service we received from this community. My friend signed a contract to stay here while they were running a special on pricing. We advised them within three days that she would not be able to move in due to an insurance issue. It took them about two months as well as numerous emails and phone calls to get most of our deposit returned. I would not recommend this community due to the bad experience we had with the customer service.

If you need extra care, look somewhere else

My mom lived here for 8 1/2 years and for the last year and a half it has been owned by Brookdale. It is a pretty good place to be if you are independent and don't need care. If you do need care, it is unreliable and expensive. They used to have wonderful caregivers but at the beginning of this year they outsourced their care to a private company. There was one mistake after another with medications, timing of medications, services provided and if they were provided. My mom once missed dinner because the caregiver did not come to transport her to the dining room. No one bothered to check! Staff turnover is high and they are not well trained. The activities are lacking also...there was a director for a while who was marginal, after a few months she was replaced with someone who did not stay very long and currently there is not an activity director.

Over priced

This is an over priced place for what you get. Since Brookdale took over the care has changed as well as they now out source their care givers . Which is way over priced for what you get. Also it now has that nursing home smell. They rarely have activities any more . And the staff will hold a conversation with each other in the front lobby about other residents . That is just not right! The inside and out both need make overs for the rent and care giver fees they charge. The old staff for the ones that are left treat my parent with respect. My parent is not happy their anymore ! So sad that the new owner ship do not care !

Great Community

Everything is working out very well with my mothers move to this community. The staff is great, and really helped her get settled into the community. It has been a very good experience, and all is well.

A nice looking community

This community looked clean when we visited. The people we met were nice. The cost of the community was quite higher for the care mom needed. The community we chose has the same or better care for a better price.

I am very happy with the care that my mom is getting here .The community has a noise in the room . The food is good and she is happy with the variety. they do offer her activitirs . The community is clean and maintained. We would recommmend this community for other families.

A good place!

This is a clean nice community. They offer independent living as well as they offer a variety of other services you can choose from for an additional cost. The staff have been helpful. They offer a variety of daily activities. I would recommend this community.

Stepping up there game!

Things are going fine. I don't have an issue with the staff they are very friendly and acknowledge all the residents by there name and I appreciate that. The community is always clean and neat. She likes the meals and we even like that they are getting a new healthier menu with better choices.

A Great Experience For Us Here

My mother is currently in rehab, we aren't sure where she will be going once she is better. I don't know if she will need more care or not. Brookdale is a very good community. They have an excellent staff here. They do a good job with keeping the community neat and tidy, and very well maintained. There are nice activities available for the residents. She was satisfied with the meals. Overall it was a pleasant experience, and I would highly recommend it.

Good value for the Money.

While Brookdale is a good value for the money, my mother-in-law has found that her neighbors noise to be unacceptable. Sometimes their pet, a small dog, is left in the apartment alone and barks the whole time the resident is away. I think it is wonderful that they are allowed pets but the management needs to make sure it isn't infringing upon other residents.

We would not recommend this community!!

The room my mom is in looks dirty and the carpet is old and worn out. You place your order for meals they bring the wrong food and they do not check to verify if it is correct before they leave the room. The food is not always tasty. The walls are banged up and it does not look like the building is well maintained. Some of the staff seem to not be very friendly. We are looking for another community.

Aunt Bessie.

We found your team to be very kind and caring about our Aunt and her needs. Everyone took the time to answer all of our concerns. Also liked the cleanliness in the facility. Our family feels comfortable that our aunt is in a good place. Thanks so much for your help.

Great Outing Trips

My mother has adjusted very well to this community and I am very pleased. The community looks great and clean. I've never had any concerns in that area. The staff is very good at what they do. They have been very helpful and accommodating. She is trying new activities and they take the residents on nice outing trips. The is food is fair and she seems okay with it. Everyone has been very friendly and nice. I would recommend it.

Nice place

Overall our experience with Brookdale has been a very positive one! It's a nice looking, clean, well kept community, and the staff seems friendly and professional. We're very satisfied with the service, I'd give them high marks across the board.

Four Stars

So far our experience with the Brookdale has been good. My loved one seems to like it there. I think the pricing could be more reasonable for what you get, so that is kind of frustrating. It's not a horrible experience, just upsetting that it cost so much.

They are friendly there, and it's clean.

It's not bad, there have been a few times things could have been better. They could be a little better with getting the medications handed out, they have been between nurses. Other than that they have been pretty good. They are friendly there, and it's clean. The food looks and smells good, but we haven't actually eaten it yet. It could use a little updating, but was less expensive than most of the others we saw.

people there are just wonderful

Emeritus at Brighton is now Brookdale at Brighton. The people there are just wonderful. The facility is very clean. I will say one slight negative is that the staff is almost too attentive. My mom is very self sufficient and the staff sometimes over step some boundaries with her. We have spoken with them about this and they are resolving the issue. Also at the beginning we were told they would give mom a buddy to get acclimated and this didn't happen. I was pretty disappointed about that. The food at this facility is not very good at all. Overall I am really happy with this place, just a few quirks that I would like to see changed.

very friendly

They are very friendly and have been very helpful when my mom moved in. They check up on her and make sure that she gets the care that she needs. The staff has just been really friendly. The place is very clean, and has been updated so it looks very nice. Some of the staff has really gone beyond doing some special extra things that have made mom feel at home and happy. Going through a transition like this can be a very difficult process, but they have made it painless and even enjoyable!

A Great Place To Live

I was very nervous about moving my mom out of her home that she had been in for over 30 years, but she likes Emeritus very much. The staff is very friendly, helpful and down to earth. She goes to meals for breakfast and dinner and she says the food is very good. Emeritus has a very comfortable feel and it is also kept very clean.

Helpful and professional staff!

The staff is great and I think that the woman who runs the place runs a very tight ship. My Dad is tough one to please and has accepted being there and he is very happy now. All the staff are very helpful and wonderful! a nurse alerted me to an issue with my father, so we took him to the hospital, she was spot on! Thanks to her we were able to correct the problem.

A total blessing! - taking our major concerns away!

The lady that I contacted was very knowledgeable, very outgoing and she has been here for 20 years. My mom is now more active and is doing better. They help relieve us from having worries while we go on with our own lives. If she has a problem and calls us we call the front desk and they immediately take care of the problem or she pushes the button and they are there.

A nice place, overall

Overall I think they've done an alright job at Emeritus at Brighton. The facility itself is clean and well kept, and nice looking. They've got a good variety of activities, and they do a good job of posting them and keeping the residents informed. I have had a few issues with communication and consistency. Sometimes when I arrange for my loved one to be escorted from her room to activities it gets overlooked.

too expensive, everything w...

too expensive, everything was extra, meals, housekeeping nurse etc.

...the staff is very friendly.

We didn’t end up using this community because they weren’t able to provide the level of care that my loved one needed. Just from touring, I can let you know that they have a very clean community and the staff is very friendly.

I'm pretty pleased with them at this point.

I'm pretty pleased with them at this point. One of the things that should be done is putting a posted speed limit in the Parking lot. The people living in the condos in the back, they speed quite a bit. The food is pretty good. Anything that I have brought to their attention they have been very quick to address the issues. The seasoned staff has been very good, they have gone above and beyond. Nancy the nurse has been very good. The price was very good too.

They were ok, clean and friendly and all.

They were ok, clean and friendly and all. We didn't like that it was dark and the hallways were small. It gives a different atmosphere, kind of sad and closed in feeling. It wasn't our favorite.

Relaxed atmosphere and fun,...

Relaxed atmosphere and fun, involved activities director.

I liked it it was really cl...

I liked it it was really clean and nice decerated for the holidays they have a van that takes the residents to and from dr apts or shopping no stairs apts good size my moms big dog wouldn't be able to move with her they do everything monthly so she could go try it out and move back to her home if she hated it laundry is free and house keeping is with rent cable and phone r extra they have 24/7 nursing care and a pull cord in bathrooms and a push alert that goes on each Persons neck for emergencies.

Best Facility

Experienced, caring people here.

Feels like family

It's really simple why we chose Emeritus at Brighton, we visited a couple of different places and when we walked in we felt like they were run by a business. Emeritus feels like it is run by family, and that's where we wanted our loved one. When we visit they know our names, they greet us, they go above and beyond - just like family.

Prices go up regularly whether occupant uses their services or not.

My elderly parent was at Emeritus at Brighton for just over a year. Housekeeping was very poor in the apartment. No furniture was ever moved to clean underneath, nothing was moved for dusting, moping, etc. It was as if they only ran thru the 'middle' of the rooms. Wouldn't do dishes or vacuum under the bed, easy chair, etc - although they changed the bed linens. I don't see how anyone could overlook all the debris on the floor around the bed/chair. Phone calls requesting clean up after spilling coffee, water were ignored. Maintenance didn't do anything about noisy spigots, heat/cooling issues, foggy windows/doorwalls. This is an older facility and they have steam heat which they turn off at night so there's no hot water at all after a certain time at night. Hallways are dark and are lit only by electric lights. Management basically ignores complaints/issues with transportation problems. They told me when I was first interviewing that 'there is a lady with a car who will take your parent anywhere they want to go for FREE' - doctor or dentist appointments, beautician, etc. - within reason of course. Unfortunately, there was no such service whatsoever of this type. A bus was available that went on a schedule and would not allow electric mobility devices on board. Needless to say every time there was any kind of appointment (doctor, dentist, haircut, etc) I had to leave work to drive to Brighton to take my parent to said appointments. My parent was very unhappy and depressed here. The food was not as expected and was too expensive. Minimal activities, no exercise room. Overall a disappointing experience so we moved my parent to another location.

i like this one especially it's locat...

i like this one especially it's location,

Very pretty,nice and clean. Seems l...

Very pretty,nice and clean. Seems like the staff was very attentive toward the people that lived there.

Affordable. Studio w/ only 3 that a...

Affordable. Studio w/ only 3 that approach care like this one. They will put together an affordable pkg for families. Meals optional, housekeeping, laundry all optional. Levels of care/ameneties to fit the budget and give the pt. what they need.Staff are among the best for caring as she ages. Concept of aging in place.

Talked to director 5/5 very helpful..

Talked to director 5/5 very helpful..

We offer a home like setting and cheerful smiles from our professional staff who greet you everyday. Our caring staff offers the assistance you need while respecting your independence.

Our peaceful setting, restaurant style dining experience, activities and beautiful setting combine to create a wonderful living environment everyday. Our genuine caring staff, home style meals, daily activities add to our residents' experience. They will tell you they appreciate all the options while living at a Brookdale Senior Living community.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.