Brookdale Woodstock - Woodstock, GA

Brookdale Woodstock - Woodstock, GA has yet not published prices.

Clean. Residents mobile and engaged. Staff friendly. Pricing in the right ballpark

Not a good decision

My mom moved here when she only needed assisted living and she did well because she needed minimal support from the staff. I visited my mom 4-7 days a week while she lived here and I called bingo 3/4 Saturdays a month. Most of the ALF residents and staff knew me, I visited my mother often. I feel comfortable giving an honest review of Brookdale Woodstock.
The Executive Director [removed] was not helpful or supportive at all. Some staff ([removed]) were helpful, kind and went the extra mile, while most were just there for a paycheck. When my mom's needs changed and she needed memory care, I knew I needed to move her somewhere else. Their memory care staff basically stared at the residents and did the absolute minimum. The days that my mom spent in memory care at Brookdale Woodstock set her back cognitively.
The food was not good at best. My mom frequently complained about it and I would not have eaten it if given the choice.
My mother has lived at three other similar communities and Brookdale is the second to worst. I would not recommend this place for assisted living and would strongly advise against it for memory care.
If I could talk to myself one year ago right before I moved my mother into Brookdale Woodstock, I would have stopped myself from moving her there.

I would really like to have my mother at this place. I would have to figure out the 2500 community fee. I toured this facility the first of June.

Helpful Staff, Mom is In Good Hands

So far everything is working out pretty well for my mother with her move to this community. This is a nice, safe community, and I'am comfortable with her move here. They have nice staff, and they are attentive, and very helpful. She is receiving good care. When I come to visit her the facility, and her room is well maintained. She has gotten involved in some of the activities they offer. The meals are nice. This is a community I would recommend, it has worked out well for us.

My Other Option

The tour we had was good. We liked the people and they were all nice. It had all what we were interested in. The common areas were nice and I got to see nice activities during the tour. It was our other option but felt it was not the place.

Comfortable With My Dads Move Here

So far it has been a good experience for my father with his move to this community. They are doing a good job with caring for him and his needs. I know it is a good, safe community. They have a good staff, and they have been helpful and kind. There are activities offered for the residents. The meals are nice. I tried some of the food, and it is good. Overall I'am comfortable with his move to this community, and I would recommend it.

I was very disappointed with my tour of Brookdale Woodstock. I never saw a caregiver. At one point before the tour, I had to ask an employee that was washing dishes to assist with a resident. Terrible! The studio and studio deluxe rooms were nice. Overall, the facility is older and not much activity going on. The elevator was very loud, so clearly need maintenance. No green space to enjoy outdoors.

Awesome Activities !!

My loved one has really made a great adjustment into this community, she can't say enough good things about the food they serve and has been loving the company of the other residents. I love the wide variety of activities they offer to all of the residents as well as various field trips throughout the week. Its nice to know they are keeping her active and very involved in different events. I also noticed how much healthier my loved one looks since making the move, she has gained weight and feels much better.

Great Community!!

My dad has really been enjoying the healthy well balanced meals they provide for him throughout the day as well as the various activities they have available. All of the staff are very friendly and constantly make sure he is comfortable and feels safe in his living environment. I have no complaints and would defiantly recommend this place to anyone.

Fun field trips !!

My mother has recently started to participate in the activity program they offer on campus as well as often taking new and exciting field trips throughout the week. The chef has adjusted to my loved ones diet and has help accommodate her vegetarian needs. I am overall very pleased with this community and would highly recommend it.

Spacious Bedrooms!!

I was impressed during our visit when I saw the the studios they had to offer. The bedrooms where very well maintained and had a lot of extra space. The dinning room and lobby where filled with happy residents and the staff provided great information on the community to my loved one and I.

They Were Great In The Beginning

It was time to move on, my mom fell twice in two days and I felt she needed more care. They would have charged me extra to stay with the extra assistance. There are people who are fond on my mom. The first year we were here it was great under [Removed], now under Brookdale there has been many staff turnovers. We had a lot of good experience but there were too many changes.

Smaller More Intimate Community

This is a smaller more intimate community. My sister in law has adjusted very well to the community. They keep the community very clean and everything looks very nice. The staff is very good, they are caring for her well. She is trying out some new activities. They offer many activities like arts & crafts, outings, walking trips. She really likes the food. It is an older facility, but it is very nice. She is getting the attention she needs. I would recommend it.

Shelley [removed] is great to work with. We loved the facility, their willingness to work with us and Shelley's professional, friendly manner.

A visitor's visit to Brookdale in Woodstock.

I was just a visitor looking for assisted living for my Aunt. I have a family friend at Brookdale in Woodstock that is why I considered this place. I noticed they have "happy hour" and "wine parties" when these are seniors mostly in their late 70's and 80's who SHOULD NOT be mixing alcohol with medication they are given. This is absurd to me and could be a liability suit. This is the opposite of what registered doctors in professional buildings tell you! refrain from alcohol while on this medication. The other thing I noticed where the poor quality meals these residents received! They were not nutritionally planned. The chef, Carl really needs a training from Corporate!! He should even invest in a cook book in planning meals. Several meals I have seen shrimp scampi with noodles and red beans and rice, and soup. That was a meal I saw. Also I saw turkey pot pie with no turkey only vegetables with big lima beans, and cabbage soup. Fruit is not a regular item for residents. The same spice is used in everything soups, gravys, etc. and it is horrible. Many of the staff have quit since our family member has been there. THEY are understaffed! I have seen the staff friendly but not seeing the care or resident satisfaction is a first priority not for the price the residents pay for being their. Little activities are available for the residents. I have even been told a visiting doctor, Dr. Wilkes comes into the residents room checks their blood pressure and heart beat and is there probably 5 mins and his charge for seeing the patient is $175. Why can't they use a medical doctor that is in most healthcare networks? I will be still searching for a place that is most concerned with resident satisfaction--that is why this operation is available due to the need for senior adult living. Resident satisfaction doesn't seem to be a main concern! I was disappointed the time I visited! Needs improvement! I hope admin does not change my review. It is an honest review

Nice looking place!

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. The facility was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. We ended up selecting another community, but all of the Brookdale properties we saw in the Woodstock area seemed very nice.

Great Staff at Brookdale Woodstock

I recently had to move my father into an assisted living facility (memory care). The staff at Brookdale Woodstock were extremely helpful and caring. They made the entire process easy.

The facility is a few years older than some but is clean and well maintained. My father is receiving excellent care at Brookdale Woodstock.

Overall they have been great.

Overall they have been great. There have been a few bumps as far as trying to connect the dots. The facility is maintained, and well taken care of. The staff has been really good, they are very friendly. It's like anywhere you have some more friendly than others, and the office staff has been terrific, very supportive of me. Nurse V. has been great, as well as Joyce, Grace, Cheryl, and more that I could name but everyone is so great! The only thing I have noticed, is that they seem to be a little low on staff. ShaVanda the sales person, was very sympathetic and has a great personality for what she does. She was concerned about my mother and whether or not I was comfortable, and was willing to work with me on the pricing. It's shows their overall attitude, it's about the care and the well being of the residents, and the family, not just the money. It's a warm inviting environment, people are out and about and socializing. I'm pretty happy with them.

They have done pretty well, so far.

They have done pretty well, so far. They keep it really clean, and the staff is very friendly. There really aren't any concerns or improvements that are needed, at least that I can think of off the top of my head. It was in a good location for us, and that is one of the reasons we went with the Emeritus.

Emeritus at Woodstock Estates - Good Job

The staff at Emeritus at Woodstock Estates have been a joy to work with. They were great from the first meeting with my father-in-law all the way to getting him moved in and settled. Our family has been very pleased with every aspect of Emeritus. Getting the prescriptions setup was simple. They were clear in the expectations and monthly costs. I would highly recommend Emeritus at Woodstock Estates.

Do not want multi story com...

Do not want multi story community.

Nice looking community

We toured this location when we were looking into options for our loved one. This is one of the two Emeritus facilities that we toured in the area, and both of them looked very nice. This community was two stories, which is something we wanted to avoid to make sure our loved one could navigate the community easily. During our tour everyone was very friendly, and the residents looked happy and well cared for.

Out of price range

They were very clean and very nice but they were also a lot more expensive, it was over 6000 a month

Very friendly and caring Staff

My mom is a little hard to handle; she is nice enough but can be demanding and sometimes nasty. The staff at Woodstock Estates are wonderful and have helped me making choices for my mom so that everyone wins. Thank you all Joyce, Cheryl, Shavanda, and Vernicia ....and many others.

Handrails in resident hallways. Smal...

Handrails in resident hallways. Smaller shower. Quiet, not a lot of visible staff, maybe considering the time. Monitoring device worm by residents that tracks location throughout the facility. Air controlled in each resident's rooms. Pets allowed, Allergies? LPNs.

Handrails in resident hallways. Smal...

Handrails in resident hallways. Smaller shower. Quiet, not a lot of visible staff, maybe considering the time. Monitoring device worm by residents that tracks location throughout the facility. Air controlled in each resident's rooms. Pets allowed, Thad's allergies? LPNs.

Our peaceful setting, restaurant style dining experience, activities and beautiful setting combine to create a wonderful living environment every day. Our genuine caring staff, home style meals, daily activities add to our residents' experience. They will tell you they appreciate all the options while living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.

Amenities and Services
• Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
• Medication management
• Dining assistance and special diets
• Assistance with reminders and redirection
• Escorts and assistance with walking
• Emergency response call system