Canterbury Village - West Orange, NJ

We met on a day when [name removed] was not there, but the Health Director showed us around and answered almost all of our questions. We were shown several sizes of rooms that might be available to us. It is well kept and clean. We liked that it was on one floor and the atmosphere was more homey. Lots of windows and sunshine. It is definitely an option for us.

Review of Canterbury Village - West Orange, NJ

Great community not too large, friendly staff, good resident care.

Canterbury village is a lifesaver!

I was so impressed by CB from my first visit. The administrator was and still is very helpful. He helped me get through a very difficult time with my aunt. The staff welcomed her with open arms,too. It is such a relief to visit and see her safe, clean, and happy.

We love it hands down!

The staff is very polite and very helpful with anything that my sister needs. The community is just beautiful and it is always clean and bright. The meals are good as well. I really like that it is close to me so I can visit my sister more now.

The Tour My Husband Had

My husband went on the tour to see what is was like at this community. He told me he didn't care for it as much. It did not appear to be as bright and lively. WE had hoped for a different atmosphere.

Good Community For the Right Person

We had a good tour of this facility. It is a nice and well maintained community from what we saw. The staff we met was friendly and informative. Our questions were answered, and it was a good experience. They were not able to provide the type of care my mother needed. It is a nice community for the right person.

Horrible place!

I was very disattisfied with the care that Canterbury Village offered my loved one. There were multiple times when help was not made available and my loved one fell and hurt themselves. They need a more proactive staff that is available to assist the residents. Mistakes happen but multiple falls in a short amount of time are unacceptable.

A Wonderful Facility

I have to say that my father is the crankiest, most difficult, unpleasant man you could possibly imagine and they have dealt with him and have done an exceptional job and go out of their way to accommodate the family and they are wonderful. And he is now relatively happy there. He has made friends and participates in activities. The care and treatment he is receiving is exceptional.

Very nice place

We're very pleased with how things have turned out with Canterbury Village, it's a very nice place overall! The people here are friendly, the facility is clean and well kept, and the residents seem happy. It's just a very nice place, overall!

We are very pleased

My sister has been here for about a month and a half. We are very pleased. The facility is more home-like rather than institutional. That's definitely a plus. I felt it was definitely the best for Wilma, my sister, that I could find. She's not stuck in a little area. She has freedom and that's good. My overall rating of this property is 5 stars. We are just very pleased with the Canterbury Village.

Rest assured

Canterbury is a clean and friendly quiet but active community. Medication distribution is included. Everything we were hoping for.

Fabulous

They’re fabulous. They’re very reasonable and one of the main reasons is that they include medication management in the fee. The activities are okay – but they don’t have too much going on for a couple of days, but that might be on purpose for rest. I really didn’t have any negative experiences. The best part of it – the part that they really sold me – is the medication management being included in the cost.

A Godsend!

My mother is on medicaid but before that, as compared to others, it was a better value. The acivities are hard because there are so many different types of people there. The woman there does a great job of working with them. Right now I think it's been a godsend, having my mother there. The staff is great and they just underwent a whole new rennovation. This place is really nice!

Clean and Nice

It was very nice and everything; it was the location more than anything else that made our decision for us. Another place was just more convenient. It was very clean and the man was very nice.

Nice Victorian home model assisted li...

Nice Victorian home model assisted living with solid care and solid Medicaid transition policy. Will Guarantee.

CV seems to be a very quiet home/hote...

CV seems to be a very quiet home/hotel look setting, clean with lots of activitiy, the best part was that it was a one level place for seniors who need aid with wheelchairs and walkers. The staff seem to care.

Established in 1921 in West Orange, NJ, Canterbury Village is an experienced Assisted Living Residence. With only 40 residents we offer personalized assistance, support and health care services, available 24 hours a day. Our reasonable monthly service fee includes a spacious private studio with bath, three delicious meals each day prepared by our chef, personal laundry and housekeeping, actvities, medical servies and more.