Brookdale Wekiwa Springs - Apopka, FL

Brookdale Wekiwa Springs - Apopka, FL has yet not published prices.

Taking a tour of the facility was very helpful. You get to see the rooms and the common areas and see the people that live and work there. It is a nice facility.

New Management staff are really making a difference,
The Executive Director and Head of Nursing do a fantastic job - They always answer when I call and are most helpful.

Other options for care

We were not happy with the care from this community. We were informed that they could help her with her personal needs. The staff was not available when needed and it took a long time for the staff to respond. We feel like that they were under staffed. The staff did not take her to the dining area for meals with the other residents. They had activities that were not offered to her. We could not recommend this community to other families.

I would NOT recommend them!!

I would not let anyone go there, if my father was still there he would be dead. I would not recommend them. My other relative was there before and they were being paid to dress her and they did not, so she tried to dress herself and she fell and hit her head. I could go on and on about all of the bad things. When they were in independent living it was fine, but the assisted living was terrible. When my father set off the emergency alarm in his room they did not come for 20 minutes. He had to bandage himself because there was no one at the nurse's station. They had German roaches.

Friendly Staff!!

I have no complaints about the tour I had taken of this community for my mother. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to give lots of great information as well as answer any questions that we had for them. They had a nice floor plan with lots of great amenities available for all of the residents. It was just not the right fit in the end decision in the end choice.

Great referral service and starting point

Follow up was terrific from A Place for Mom to make sure we were finding the right people to talk to. They connected us with Brookdale in Apopka and we just moved our dad in to this senior living center.

My Friend is Well

My friend is doing since her move to this community. I know she is safe and in a good place. The staff is lovely, and they are good at what they do. They do a very good job of keeping the community neat and tidy. She is trying some of the activities offered. The meals are nice. She is starting to adjust, and I would recommend this community.

A great place!!

This community is a six on a scale of one to five. The people are great and have bent over backwards to help us. The community is clean and they offer daily activities.

So far they are very friendly and very helpful.

So far they are very friendly and very helpful. They are sometimes difficult to get a hold of on the phone. The inside of the facility is clean. The friendliness is excellent. Everyone has been kind and welcoming. The activities are excellent as well. So far everything has been going well. We are really pleased with the Emeritus at Wekiwa Springs. It's a really nice and friendly community. I would recommend this place.

One long hallway. Residents were much more advanced then my dad. Small activities and eating area.

Very nice place

We visited this community when we were looking into care options for loved ones. If I was to choose a community for my parents, it would be this one. It was the nicest one out of all the communities we looked at. We looked at the Villas and the rooms and just thought it was a very nice place.

Toured

I toured this location when I was looking into care options for a loved one. Overall I just was not too impressed with this one. It had a very nice clean looking entrance area, but once you got into the community itself there was a noticeable odor. Other issues like ease of access and parking for visitors were concerns as well.

Pre-movein at Emeritus

My mother has yet to move into Emeritus at Wekiwa Springs, she will be moving in at the end of the month, but the staff was very helpful and friendly.
The facility was clean and everyone was active which was a big plus for choosing this facility.

Not impressed by the high end care

When we selected this community everything seemed very nice, and the first 2 or 3 weeks went very well. It's a nice looking, clean place, and the staff were very friendly and able to provide the low level of care our loved one required. However, after our loved one fell ill and she started needing to use the higher levels of care here our opinion has changed. The price has increased astronomically from where it started, and I do not believe the care they provide is commensurate with the increase in price. If your loved one has a low level of care, and you don't anticipate that increasing this is a very nice community, but for high end care look elsewhere.

I give them a cautious four

I give them a cautious four, it was clean they were nice, but they really put the hard sell on my loved one to stay there. We did not like that at all. They tried to tell us that our loved one liked it more than they did. When our loved one came home they said, it was nice but that they knew how much money they had and Emeritus wanted it, even my loved one could feel the sale. This was just a short term respite stay. The food was good. They did not do a good job of getting them to take their medicine, Emeritus had a good excuse for everything. Would I use them again in a respite situation? Maybe, but I wasn't happy about the hard sell. It was nice facility, and they seem to be well run, the other residents were nice.

Too Pricey

It's a very nice facility, just out of sight in terms of the cost. They charge twice as much as what we are paying now.

Nice place. Biggest room av...

Nice place. Biggest room available is alcove. Too small for Mom. Cottages would be promising, but none available. Might show Mom anyway, but I doubt she's ready for this yet.

A very nice facility but more of a Nu...

A very nice facility but more of a Nursing Home than Residential Care. Looking for something more in a home setting.

Our peaceful setting, restaurant style dining experience, activities and beautiful setting combine to create a wonderful living environment every day. Our genuine caring staff, home style meals, daily activities add to our residents' experience. They will tell you they appreciate all the options while living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.

Amenities and Services
• Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
• Medication management
• Dining assistance and special diets
• Assistance with reminders and redirection
• Escorts and assistance with walking
• Emergency response call system