Comfortable care!!

My mother has recently made the move into this community and I have no complaints about how things have been going for her. The staff are friendly and I am comfortable with the care they have been providing her. She makes it down to at least one meal a day in the dinning room and the staff make sure to bring her meals up to her room on the times she does not come down. The overall staff team is wonderful and have really put a lot of effort making sure she is comfortable in her new living environment.

Better for low-maintenance residents

Everyone here is lovely. From the sales staff, to the dining room, the charge nurse, the activities director, to every single nursing attendant. Just really delightful people. It's a beautiful facility that's always clean and welcoming. The main challenge is that they are understaffed / have high patient to attendant ratio. If you have a low maintenance parent who most likely won't need too much assistance this might be a good fit. While they are wonderful people and deal with our mom's quirks beautifully, there is frequently too long a wait when she needs someone; 45 minutes to an hour sometimes, even when we are there and have asked someone face to face to help us. We're considering re-housing mom to a place with a lower ratio.

Very pleased

My mother moved here and she is the oldest resident at 105 years old! She went to a New York Mets game last week and they honored her in front of the fans. Everyone came up to her and was hugging her and patting her on the head.She was able to experience this because Brookdale made it happen! They are great! She's getting quality care and the staff is very attentive. When she moved in they also had a promotion and took half of the move in deposit off. We are very pleased so far!

Nice place!

When I toured the Brookdale Ocoee, I thought it was a very good place. It was clean and everyone was very friendly. The tour guide was prepared to take me on the tour when I got there, but I found a place that fits my mother's needs better.

Very Nice Clean Community

This is a very nice looking community, everything was well -kept and clean. My tour went very well. Everybody was friendly and nice. The staff was nice and courteous. It was good experience. It is a very nice place with kind, but it wasn't the community for my father.

Mom's Care Is Good

My mother seems to be doing fine. The staff seem to be there for her and seem like happy people. She enjoys the activities available, she has played bingo. The food is good to my mom. The community is very clean and I would recommend them to others.

A nice community!!

The tour was given by one of the maintenance people and he was very knowledgeable about the community. The rooms were not the same as the community we choose as you had to pay extra for a room with an outdoor patio.

Our loved one has adapted well. Staff is great. Management seems in a state of flux.

Caring, accommodating staff

Our experience with Brookdale Ocoee has been a very good one, so far. I really like what I've seen of the place! The facility is clean and well kept, and the staff do a great job taking care of the residents. They really seem to genuinely care about the people that they look after, and they're very accommodating!

Good respite care experience

We used Brookdale Ocoee for a brief respite stay for a loved one. Overall I'd say our experience was a positive one. The staff is friendly and professional, and they did a great job helping us through the process, as we'd never worked with a senior facility before. The place is clean and well kept, and they did a good job looking out for our loved one. I will say I would have appreciated a little more follow-up and feedback regarding the stay. Just a little more detail on how she was doing when I would check in, and maybe a short synopsis of how things went at the end would have been nice.

Food is excellent

What they do well is their food is excellent. There are a few things they could improve on. They come into your room without permission to take blood, etc. There is a privacy with them coming into the room unannounced. My Father does not know what is going on. The place is nice, the people are nice and it is clean, but they need to work on the privacy issue.

facility is perfect

Everything is just fine at Brookdale Ocoee. I have no complaints. Really this facility is perfect. Overall things are great. I really am pleased with things here. It is a nice facility. It's clean. The staff are very friendly. It's a little pricey but all of these kinds of places are. I give everything five stars.

Cleanliness rating was based on the appearance of the facility at the time of entrance. Two weeks later they began a complete renovation of the facility and I am sure it will be beautiful. We are more than pleased with the service and help we have received from the staff at BROOKDALE in Ocoee.

They are very attentive with what's going on with their residents.

They have a very friendly staff. The facility is very clean. They are very attentive with what's going on with their residents. The food is good. My mother enjoys the food there. It is reasonably priced for the services you receive there. The communication with the staff has been very good. Overall, it is a friendly and clean facility. I would recommend the Brookdale Ocoee to anyone. It has been a good experience.

Nice, friendly staff. Clean cheerful place.

We have been very pleased.

We have been very pleased. Everything is clean, and the staff is friendly. We have been pleased with the food, and they even had a nice Easter dinner, everything is well prepared, and well seasoned. There is lots of good entertainment and activities. There are a few little things that could be a little better, the staffing is a little short sometimes. They do a good job on whole.

Restaurant Quality Food

It was somewhat expensive and the activities were childish, not alot of activities offered for male residents. Food was very good no snacks offered, meals were restaurant quality. Staff listened to suggestions. Facility caters more to female residents with activities and resident was not happy.

Very nice place!

We've had a great experience with Brookdale Ocoee overall! They really take wonderful care of our loved one. The facility itself is always clean and well kept, and the staff couldn't be more friendly and helpful. We are completely satisfied!

On a professional and a caring level, they earn a five star.

On a professional and a caring level, they earn a five star. Maintenance and upkeep could be improved to make sure the equipment is working so that if there is an emergency someone will respond. When the problem was reported they were all over it. For someone on a small income it's kind of high or moderate, at least for what they get. Care services I can't really say we had her discharged, she wasn't there that long. As far as getting her in, getting the assessment, and the reliability, and accountability and the timliness of getting her into the home, they were very, very quick and didn't play around, and they even went to her home 60 miles away to assess her. I've got no complaints with the nurse, the executive directors there, they are all top notch. It would be very beneficial for the staff to be available via email instead of a standard email, especially when you are communicating with the executive directors and you need to get ahold of them for necesary paper work, you do have to call, and then wait for a return call, to be able to get a direct email or even a direct phone number would be ideal. I know they are busy, accessibility to email not just a standard open email but to the individual who is handling the case would be great. We chose them because of their quick response time and the friendliness of walking into the space, and just the overall feel that I got, the southern kind of porch feel and they had two cats that were resident sitting on the porch, they were resident outdoor cats and being able to sit on the porch and rock back and forth, the outdoor space is great. The residents were also very friendly and nice.

Do not put your loved one here!

My loved one was in Emeritus at Ocoee for over 2 years, and it was a constant battle from day one on a weekly basis. Everything from over 5 mis-medications, neglect, possible abuse, poor food, understaffed, uncaring and lazy staff, poor management, unclean rooms and common areas, etc. It was a total nightmare from start to finish. It was the worst couple of years of my life, not to mention my loved one's and my family.
I would not put anyone in this place. They talk a good talk, but they do not follow up on what they promise. Corporate is the worst; they do nothing, and remain unreachable. There was an expose on Emeritus on PBS's FrontLine - watch it - it showed the horrors of neglect, abuse, etc, at their facilities across the country. Do NOT put a loved one in this community!!

Inefficient & poorly trained staff, no follow-up, little problem resolution; mis-medication of loved one

After more than 2 years of CONSTANT follow-ups, meetings, & conference calls with Emeritus at Ocoee management for problem after problem, we recently moved our loved one to a phenomenal facility. At Emeritus at Ocoee (not a complete list):
(1) our loved one was mis-medicated at least 6 times (that we know of)
(2) med techs did not read med labels to properly administer meds
(3) memory care in particular was not clean (e.g., cushions reeked of urine, dirty Depends left in residents' rooms garbage cans)
(4) TV used as a baby sitter while some staff sat around reading magazines or talking, esp. on weekends, instead of interacting with the memory care residents
(5) Alzheimer's residents (including our loved one) sent to the ER ALONE with out-dated meds list (while family member rushed to get to ER before wrong med or dosage given)
(6) few stimulating activities in memory care unit because "no money" - done on a shoestring
(7) took days or WEEKS for something to get done properly, from updating a meds list to proper dispensation of a med to special food prep/food needs

We were totally stressed out and fed up the entire time our loved one was there -- every visit was coupled with another problem, another follow-up, a need for another meeting or call or email -- CONSTANT AND ON-GOING the ENTIRE time up through and until we moved our loved one in 2013. Management made promises, most of which never happened unless there was no extra cost to Emeritus. Some staff good -- not enough of them -- but most have no common sense, don't care about the residents (esp. in memory care where attentiveness and caring is needed), and are horribly inefficient. We were told incompetent aides were "counseled" but could not be fired! Services are better in assisted living for the most part with more activities for those who are not as cognitively impaired. Emeritus at Ocoee advertises its "brain health program," but it is essentially non-existent, esp. in the memory care unit. We have seen a vast improvement in our loved one since the move to the new [removed] more engaged, smiles more, and is much cleaner (as is the new facility itself).

Great staff! Very helpful and suppor...

Great staff! Very helpful and supportive. Location is ok - not ideal but closer to family. Not as perfectly maintained as Spring Hill but overall the facility felt good. Limited menu in dining room causes concern but this is definitely a possibility.

Our peaceful setting, restaurant style dining experience, activities and beautiful setting combine to create a wonderful living environment every day. Our genuine caring staff, home style meals, daily activities add to our residents' experience. They will tell you they appreciate all the options while living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.

Amenities and Services
• Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
• Medication management
• Dining assistance and special diets
• Assistance with reminders and redirection
• Escorts and assistance with walking
• Emergency response call system