Brookdale Waxahachie - Waxahachie, TX

Brookdale Waxahachie - Waxahachie, TX has yet not published prices.

Distance
Provides extras such as laundry & housekeeping services

Really enjoyed conversation with [Removed]. Entry security was excellent.

We spoke with [Removed] and then toured the facility, both assisted living and memory care units. I was impressed by the friendliness of staff and residents. Even more importantly, the place felt comfortable. Was told they do more away from the facility activities than Buffalo Creek down the street or Midtowne in nearby Midlothian. The place was clean with large hallways. I was impressed.

Not enough space

I had problems trying to set up an appointment to tour the facility. When I finally was able to take the tour it seemed more like a nursing home. There was no separation from the Alzheimer's residents and the assisted living residents. They had very narrow hallways, not as spacious as what I was looking for.

A place to look into

This looked like a nice community when I visited. The staff I met were friendly. This community does not accept medicaid. We liked the feel of the community we chose better.

Well Maintained Community!

The tour of this community went well, the tour guide was knowledgeable and friendly. The place was clean and had a good look to it. The community itself was just not as close to my house as i would like.

Outstanding Community

This is a excellent community. The staff is wonderful. The food seems to be very good and she is enjoying the variety. The activities are outstanding. My mom is now very active which great. I highly recommend this community for excellent care and value.

Peaceful Living!!

I am very pleased with this community, they have made it very comfortable and peaceful living for my loved one. The meals are kept healthy with a large variety of choices to choose from. The housekeeping and nursing staff have been excellent at making sure my mothers needs are met and she is satisfied.

Working Out Well

Everything is going pretty well for my father since his move into this community. This is a good community and it looks good and clean. The staff is very good, they are always there when we need them. He is slowly trying out the activities, but there is many for him to choose from. He would say they feed him to much, but he does like the meals. Overall things are good and working out well and I would recommend this community.

clean and friendly, too pricey

It is very clean and the caregivers are great. I never see them doing any activities. The nurse calls with any concerns. It is very pricey.

ok

mom has been in a week, the food looks good, she looks kind of disheveled when I pick her up and her hair looks dirty. They do activities and the place is clean. Mom seems happy. They could use a lot more help!

I liked the facility, but it will not work for my parents. There is a nurse on duty from 8am-5pm only to help with my mother's diabetes problems. I like that they have a memory wing so that when the alzheimer's patients need more attention, they do not have to move to another facility. Megan was very helpful and full of information.

Well the problem that I have is that if you don't go during the day when management is there, you can't get any questions answered. You have to take off during the day to try and meet with someone and my mother is on medicine and you have to go during the day to meet with someone. Other than that everything good.

We aren't real impressed with them.

We aren't real impressed with them. It's hard to get a doctor to see them. When we first asked they told us they would be there every week, technically he is there every week, but he only sees each resident once every three months, unless there is an emergency. The people are sweet, and it's clean. We wanted a place that met all of our criteria. I still feel like I need to be there everyday to make sure they follow through with everything.

Nice place!

We toured this community while looking into senior living options for a loved one. Brookdale Waxahachie was a very nice looking place, overall! The facility itself was clean, bright, and well maintained, and the staff were all very friendly and helpful. This is definitely somewhere we will consider for our loved one when the time comes!

Makes my father feel useful

My father is very happy. The staff have tried very hard to make him feel useful. He has done Santa gigs for years, so the staff asked him to dress as Santa for the Christmas. There is a picture of him in the main lounge area. They also have him teaching a Bible study on Tues. (He is a retired pastor.) Feeling useful is very important to all of us, especially to older men, I believe.

I think they are doing very well.

I think they are doing very well. It's very clean and the staff is friendly. They are very attentive and responsive. I haven't had any complaints about the food at all, in fact I ate there myself the other day, and I think I am going to go back more often, it was good. The only thing is, they could be more available at the door to let people in and out since it is secure. I know that they are busy though and that is a small thing for me. I am really happy with them.

Wonderful!

Sterling House has been wonderful.

Claire Bridge at Sterling House

ClaireBridge - Do not recommend. Promised the moon. Food was awful, I wouldn't have eaten it myself. Very under staffed. Staff was friendly and multiple activities. But you had to wait forever at the front door to get in., had to wait for staff to come to room when alarm pulled. A lot of staff turn over. Keep looking.

Pricey, but nice

Overall, this is a great place! The price is pretty high, though, so I rated that a little bit lower. This location was perfect for our family, and he's close by. Also, he says that he likes the food, which is good!

Very Helpful

They were very very helpful. They did not have the kind of room we needed and I couldn't get the rest of the family to agree on that location but they were nice and clean. It was not quite as upscale as another place and I don't think the folks would have been as comfortable there.

Issues with Care

When we went there we just happened to know somebody who had their mother there and she said it was great up until the first of the year. She pulled her mother out and we did not put our mother in. They weren't giving her the care that they needed to. They were trying to get this lady's mom over the Alzheimer's wing and she wasn't having a problem with that until she stopped getting the care she needed. We did still go to see it. It was very clean and we met a couple of people there - they were nice.

A few incidents but my grandma says she's comfortable there

We had a few incidents when we first got my grandmother there. She rang the call button and no one came for 30 mintues. This was at night and at night they only have 2 people on staff which, evidently, its the state minimum. The staff said that they didn't know anyone was in that room so that was a little bit disturbing. The director said that was unacceptable and gave us his personal cell phone number to call if anything else happened. One of the women there, when she found out my mom had called the director, got in my mom's face about it.

Generally the lower level staff are very friendly and caring. They go out of their way to help. My grandmother is very much into activities and they only really have bingo and poker. Sometimes they have arts and crafts. I think it would be good if they had more.

Friendly Staff, Food Could Be Better

My mom doesn't really need a lot of care at this point so it does seem really pricey but the extra services are even more so i don't know if there is a way to improve on the value or price. I think they could improve on the food and the cleaning. I won't say that they leave her room dirty but either myself or a friend will go everyday and we're typically wiping things down and picking up. They said they do a deep clean once a week and I don't know that they do that. I need to talk to them about it.

The staff is definitely friendly. At other places it seemed like they were hesitant for us to talk to the residents like they were afraid of what they would say. They didn't do that at Sterling house.

My mom is still adjusting but she likes it. She just started to mingle a little bit more and do some of the activities that they do have like art activities and coffee talk times and exercise.

This is currently our top c...

This is currently our top choice of facilities. My sister likes the memory care option alongside the assisted living, and the facility is courteous, residents seem very happy. Only the floor plans are very small, which is why we are still looking.

The visit to Sterling House...

The visit to Sterling House was very pleasant. We were there for over three hours, but could have even stayed longer if we hadn't needed to leave. We never felt rushed at all. We were greeted warmly when we got there by Megan, and she was prepared for us. She talked to us for a few minutes in the lobby and then showed us to the private dining room, where she had place settings set up for the 3 of us (herself, my friend, and me). She asked if we would like to have some of the residents join us in there for lunch, and we said absoulutely. She invited a couple of ladies to come in, and quickly had the table set for two more. Very good conversation during lunch. The ladies were very open to tell us their thoughts. I also appreciated that when we asked the ladies a question, Megan did not try to answer for them. She just let them answer. One topic that was brought up over lunch that is a concern to me as well is that they do not have the alert necklaces for the residents. One of the residents was mentioning that she had fallend and could not reach the pull cord in her room, and had to sit on the floor until the next time someone checked on her. (Buffalo Creek is the only place I have visited so far that had these for all residents.) The food was good. Not great, but good. We had pork chops with an apple chutney type sauce on top. [The chops had bones in them, which I thought was an especially bad idea with elderly. Some of the bones were small and I know I ended up with one in my mouth that I had to spit out and so did one of the residents in our room. I'm thinking that would be easy for them to end up choking on.] There were some noodles served with it, as well as squash, small salad, and a roll. And, chocolate pie for dessert. It was all good. During our lunch, Jamie also came in to meet us and chatted for a few minutes. The activities director also came in to meet us, and talked to us about some of the activities they have. She also showed us several examples of crafts they've recently done, which really got our 2 residents talking again because they had enjoyed them so much. After lunch, we went our our tour of the facility. It seemed everywhere we went, we would see staff interacting with residents. We certainly saw some that were alone and looking sad and pitiful, but overall it seemed like the residents were fairly engaged with each other and in what was going on, and that the staff was engaged with the residents. We saw the activities director again as she was rounding up residents to go on a walk. Near the end of the tour we saw her again, sitting on the porch with a group, juct enjoying the outdoors and chatting. When we left, there was a group playing bingo. The rooms were nice and adequate, but nothing really special. Similar to what other facilities have. Nothing really negative to say either. We visited the Memory Care side of the facility as well. WOW. They only opened this part of the facility about 6-7 months ago, but we were very impressed. There were residents out in the common areas, and it did NOT have a depressing feel like the other one we visited. Again, Megan was plenty comfortable with us interacting with the residents and of course, the residents loved it. There was a table of ladies coloring and we talked to them about their pictures. There was a lady with her Bible that talked about scripture and prayed for my friend's fingernails. We saw a group of residents watching TV. There was a man in the late stages of Alzheimers who was walking the hall. Megan interacted with him (as well as the other residents) and told us that one of the last 'life skills' to go in Alzheimers is the nurturing instinct, and it's one of the only ways they can get him to really engage in anything. They have a 'nursery' set up with baby dolls and she offered him one of the dolls and asked him to 'babysit.' He started cooing and talking and kissing at the doll. It was amazing to see and hear.