Brookdale Towson - Baltimore, MD

Brookdale Towson - Baltimore, MD has yet not published prices.

The facility was very nice and bright. Everyone was very friendly and the food is good. The outside area was very small with no where to walk and no grounds to tour. The price was high.

[name removed] was nice and knowledgeable. The community and building were okay, but not great. She did seem knowledgeable and understanding, but I didn't get a warm and fuzzy feeling. No complaints but not my favorite place.

Facility Safety

I would like to know who controls the facility security system. Lately there's been strange people on the premises without reason. Does the facility have cameras properly working and are they located in significant places on the exterior. I'm aware of the fact that this location isn't safe for residents or employees. Vandalism has taken place on the property without any knowledge via security cameras. I have yet to hear of any upper management looking in on these situations as they occur. What are the standard protocols for facility safety and does the on site personnel follow these instructions. I'm deeply concerned not just for whom I'm associated with but for all individuals working and living at the Towson location. Safety is your top priority in any facility as well as proper care of the residents. I hope this review gets the necessary attention it needs to operate safely for all.

This facility had a good vibe. The staff were friendly. Rooms were clean and roomy. This is going to be hard to beat.

It Did Not End Well

My loved one got kicked out. After an incident they sent my loved one to the hospital and they told me my loved one could not return. They completed an assessment and had me believe my loved one was a good fit for the community. I thought they were able to handle and provide her care. They did try really heard to accommodate but there was one nurse that had an attitude from the start. Overall, it did not end well. They are not suitable for one who has mental issues but memory issues are fine.

Mom's happy

My Mom has been living in Brookdale for nearly two months. I looked at a number of facilities and was personally in the business a number of years ago. I knew what I wanted for my Mom and Brookdale delivered. Mom is very happy the staff if delightful, my heart is happy because my Mom is happy. They say there is no place like home... until you call Brookdale home.

Tour for family care

I toured this community. The staff were nice and were able to answer my questions on the care that is given. I would recommend this community, but the cost was a little more than what I could afford. Other families might tour the community to see if this is an option for good care.

Helpful Staff!!

I had spoke to this staff about future plans of my mother possible having to go live in there community. They where very helpful and made sure to give me lots of detailed information of everything they had to offer. I will defiantly keep this facility in mind for future plans for my mother.

Very Friendly Staff

I was impressed with how nice everyone was at this community. My tour was a nice one, and everything went well. The staff was very courteous and kind.

Comfortable With The Care

My mother is being cared for very well here at this community. I am very pleased with everything they have done for us. It is a very well-kept facility, they do good job of keeping everything nice and clean. They have a great staff here. They are very good at keeping my informed of everything. She is trying a few activities, they have many for her to choose from. She is satisfied with the food. This is a community I would recommend.

Lots activities, my mother really enjoys it!

Oh its nice! Lots of activities my mother likes there but it is a little bit pricey.

Going well so far

My loved one has only been here a short time but so far things seem to be going well. It's a nice looking, clean facility, and the staff have been friendly and professional. There are still a few things for us to work out with them, but in general it has been a good experience.

They clean once a week and do an amazing job. I wouldn't complain. They always invite him to activities, even though he never goes. They have been very wonderful to me and my father, even though the move there was difficult. They are very friendly and helpful.

mom settled in well

I didn't think mom would settle in well anywhere, but she settled in well here. The only issue we have had is some struggles trying to get a phone in there. Other than that it has been an exceptional experience.

We have had a great experience.

It's very clean, and the staff is really friendly. They are really responsive if we have any questions or concerns. She loves the food, especially the soup. They always have something different going on everyday, so there is plenty to do. We have had a great experience. I would definitely recommend them.

Emeritus - a real family friendly atmosphere

My Dad just recently moved into this community and so far we have been impressed with his care and the staff has been so accomodating to him. I have been impressed with Emeritus from the day we toured. The staff is always friendly and welcoming and never too busy to answer any questions or concerns we may have. The building itself is clean and very welcoming to visitors. I have eaten with my Dad in the dining room and the atmosphere is of a nice restaurant complete with a menu to choose selections from at each meal. They offer many activities both in and out of the building for residents. I am sure my Dad will enjoy his stay there.

disappointed

Some staffing issues. Care plan not always followed. Not as much resident supervision as I would have expected in memory care. Activities schedule frequently not followed in memory care.

Very nice community

Things at Emeritus at Towson have been good so far! It's a nice looking, clean community. The staff have all been very friendly and professional, and they take good care of their residents. My loved one seems to enjoy it here, and she has had good things to say about the food!

Overall, my loved one's stay here was...

Overall, my loved one's stay here was good. We were grateful that they were able to accomodate our needs on such a short notice. There were really some awesome staff members there. There, of course, were some issues we encountered and some hurdles to jump over, but overall, it was a pleasant experience.

Friendship suites they have at this l...

Friendship suites they have at this location are really the best of both worlds. Each resident has a seperate bedroom, but share a little kitchen area, bathroom and sitting area. My grandmother is very new to the community but it seems very friendly and upbeat.

Attractive and cozy but pricey

Staff was very friendly. There were dining rooms on each floor including hydration stations and snacks between meals. The on site chef had a vast menu. The cost for a studio, $3900 or small one bedroom, $4500. They did not allow individual pets but had a community pet. They have an exercise program. I thought the rental rates were high for the small rooms with average amenities which did not include a pool, balcony, patio, gym, whirlpool or 4 season sunroom. There are 5 levels of care with prices starting at $700 for level one and $2750 for level five. The rooms I viewed are too small for a couple. It cost an additional $1675 for a spouse. The rooms I saw were too small for a full or queen bed and a dresser. The rooms fit a twin bed and have average sized closets.

Wonderful staff. No mens cl...

Wonderful staff. No mens club for active male seniors.

A new home for dad

We had a group of 5 touring AL communities. I had rescheduled this tour by e-mail, but this led to some confusion. Despite this the Emeritus people recovered quickly and served us tea and cookies as a welcome. After our tour we were served dinner in a private dining room. Everyone was very helpful and did what ever then could to make our stay enjoyable. A few days later, when my father was being evaluated by the Emeritus nurse, she recommeded that he go to the ER. He did and he was found to have pneumonia. I signed him up at Emeritus the next day.

It was obvious that Nancy T...

It was obvious that Nancy Therrien is in the right profession. She was extremely pleasant and professional. She made mine and Mem's visit truly enjoyable. In fact, every staff person we met was pleasant and every resident we met seemed very happy with Emeritus. The facility was clean and beautifully decorated. Being a dog lover, Mem especially enjoyed meeting their resident dog, Ace, a rescued Cocker Spaniel. Our only current concern may be the same with all facilities comparable with Emeritus, which is the monthly cost. Right now, Mem could afford a shared unit with a private locking bedroom and a shared sitting area (very small), kitchenette and bathroom. The bathrooms were very nice and safe. Nancy felt that the shared room would be a good option for Mem because she seemed to be a person that would enjoy spending a lot of time away from her room in the common areas. We discussed the possibility of the shared unit to start, and possibly selling her house and using the money to supplement her monthly income for a private unit.

AMAZING!

They charged $150 a day for respite and that is very reasonable! The care is great. I just loved them! I loved the convenience of the location, the staff, everybody! I mean the whole place is just so overwhelmingly friendly. My aunt was there and they're excellent. I would recommend this place to the entire world! They are so good. Respite was all I needed it for and it was amazing!

Visited Emeritus At Towson ...

Visited Emeritus At Towson on 5/17/2013 I liked.

We loved this place. Director was gre...

We loved this place. Director was great. Employees were great to us.

great place

great place

I took a tour of this facility and li...

I took a tour of this facility and liked it very much. I still have much more footwork, but this is one I think she would like.

Beautiful facility...welcoming, brigh...

Beautiful facility...welcoming, bright, and cheery. Staff was helpful and friendly. We loved this place.

Brookdale Towson provides personal care in an apartment-style setting that offers the simple pleasures - nutritious food, comfortable surroundings, and the support of a warm, caring and competent staff. A separate Special Care Center for residents with Alzheimer's or other memory related disorders is also on-site. The key to our success in the Special Care Center is our dedicated and compassionate staff, which receives special training and supervision. Our Special Care programming offers a variety of activities designed to achieve memory enrichment and positive social interactions. Caring for residents with dementia is a partnership between the community and the family, frequent family visits are encouraged and support groups and advisory councils are arranged. A Short Stay Program for seniors who need short-term care may also be available. It is the ideal alternative for recuperating after a hospital stay, while family caregivers are on vacation or if you just want to try out personal care. Please call for more information or to schedule a visit to find out how Brookdale Towson can enrich your life or the life of a loved one.