Brookdale Tanque Verde - Tucson, AZ

Brookdale Tanque Verde - Tucson, AZ has yet not published prices.

6 STAR RATING

If I could I would rate this place a 6. It’s wonderful, it’s clean, and very nice. The residents there have a call button, of course, and everybody that comes to assist are just pleasant, sweet, and they go out of their way to help and be kind. Everyone on the staff team is all sweet and they have both men and women. My love one feels very safe here. The facility itself is secured and you would have to be let in and out by ringing a doorbell and having someone do that for you. The location also adds to the convenience for visiting as well.

Enjoyed the tour

We enjoyed our tour here and we did think that my mother-in-law would do fine here. The staff did a very nice job with our tour, the grounds are nice and there are a lot of amenities for the residents to choose from. It would be worth a tour.

Not Happy!

My parents spent approximately 12 mths at this facility. We decided to move both out after my mom developed a bed sore that was diagnosed as Grade 4 (down to the bone). This bed sore was only caught after family insisted we get a new medical provider as we didn't feel they were receiving adequate care. The new provider found bed sore on her first visit and was appalled at how bad the sore was.........bed sores start out at Grade 1, then 2, then 3 and Mom was at a Grade 4. We also found out Mom was being over-medicated while at this facility.......she was noted by family member and a staff member to not be able to hold her head up (originally thought to be due to pain). Ironically, after leaving this facility, she had no issues with keeping her head up. I even discussed this with her medical provider and this was her best guess how to explain this. Very sad! Please do not allow your loved ones to be a part of this mess.

Not Too Happy With the Way

My friend is doing good here. There was an issue where they let someone in to draw blood from her. They didn't chart the visitor and let them come in while she was still sleeping. They also let her go to lunch with a family member and no one called me to let me know. I was her guardian and that was not okay.

Very nice!

The Brookdale Tanque Verde was a very nice place to tour. The place was clean and the people were friendly, but we had already chosen to go with another Brookdale.

Husband Needs are met here.

My husband has been taken care of very well in this community. The staff has taken care of his needs at all times. The rooms are very clean and grounds are well taken care of. He has excellent care here and we would recommend it to others for great care.

Very Good Care

My wife has Alzheimer and they seem to take care of her very well. She gets anxiety and they take care of that and keep her busy and informed. I think that they do good job at the Brookdale Tanque Verde.

Very Helpful

I am not sure about what the Brookdale Tanque Verde can improve on, but all of the staff members there are very helpful. If i have any concerns at all about what is going on then they are quick to respond.

We aren't here anymore if that says anything.

We aren't here anymore if that says anything. Our biggest concern was medication management. They weren't really able to give the attention our loved one needed.

David Virden

We are sorry that your experience with our community was below your expectations. We cannot find any grievances in our records regarding medication mismanagement. We would be interested in hearing more information about your experience and invite you to contact our community management. As always, if you would prefer an open, anonymous forum for voicing your concerns, you can contact our Ethics First program at [removed]

When You Need Extra Special Care

My husband and I toured the facility and found it to be very clean and inviting. The staff have been wonderful and we would highly recommend Emeritus at Tanque Verde to anyone. It comes as close as you can get to a family atmosphere. My husband was very apprehensive about having to place his mother in a facility, but she has Alzheimer's and needed more care than we could provide for her. After having her there for some time now, he feels very comfortable and relieved that she is where she needs to be and getting such wonderful care.

My favorite place so far. Spoke wi...

My favorite place so far. Spoke with Robin and medical rep and like how they respond. Locked in for 1 year with fee; doctor and nurse prac visit once per week. $4575 per month includes all but depends and meds. Robin stays late on Thursday nights. Nurse does assessment. They are not allowed to have personal hygene things in room, have a bin in a closet with name on it. The shower area is totally separate from the rest of the bathroom, down the hall and one person does all the showers for the facility. They have a Nurse practitioner that comes to them, xray, labs all comes to them. $90+ for depends and the cleaners that to with that. Have mats in front of the beds to warn them someone is getting up

Spoke with Robin and medical rep. Lo...

Spoke with Robin and medical rep. Locked in for 1 year with fee; doctor and nurse prac visit once per week. $4575 per month includes all but depends and meds.

Robin, was sooo wonderful. Memory exc...

Robin, was sooo wonderful. Memory exclusive and smaller than speedway. Everything comes to dad. The Cottage enviroment sounds nice. Shower twice a wk 34-40 clients nurses and med techs $4025 semi $4575 private. Ratios 7-3 30/4 shower are located in the hall they have a person exclusively for showers. (Of the 30 approx 6 usually in hospice)3-11 30/3 11-7 2 English fluent staff working with dad and same staff.

Giving low ratings,since medication i...

Giving low ratings,since medication is not a priority. Found descrepancy in med log. That is serious if one NEEDS medication.. Med techs are also caregivers; therefore, medicines are not always given timely or not given at all--too many distractions.. Grooming needs improvement--wore dirty clothing; his clothes disappeared from his room, no socks, not shaved, towels were not furnished after second day. Not a professional facility.. Does not understand the needs of the various dementia residents. ..

Liked this place

Liked this place

living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.