Brookdale St. Augustine - Saint Augustine, FL

Brookdale St. Augustine - Saint Augustine, FL has yet not published prices.

Really Lovely People

I toured at Brookdale while looking for a place for my loved one, and I really like the community. I thought it was lovely, with really lovely and friendly people as well. However, I just did not feel it was the perfect fit for my loved one , so I continued looking.

Some improvements to be made!!

My loved one has recently made the move into this community and we have had a little bit of a rocky start so far. The overall facility and the organization on how the staff run things needs some overall improvements. My family member has mentioned a few times that the meals have been cold but after she complained the staff seemed to fix the problem. I also wish they would come up with some different activities for the residents and change things up a little bit. It seems like the only thing they have going on is bingo every week.

An ok community

The residents did not look very active or engaged when I visited this community. The community seemed clean and the people we met were nice. I just did not think this was the right fit for my parents.

Brookdale does not get my recommendation.

My loved one had a short respite stay at this community. For the most part it was good, however I was not impressed with this community. Sometimes the food was ok, but other times it was not. They do not have a nurse on duty during the evening hours. Some of the nurses and caregivers took good care of my loved one. The director was nice unfortunately though I did not have as good of communication as I would have liked with them.

A Work in Progress, But Overall A Good Community

It is still a work in progress for my parents here at this community. This is a good community, and I know they are in good hands here. They have an excellent staff. They do a good job with the cleanliness of the community. There are nice activities offered for the residents. I've tried some of the food, and the meals are very good. Overall I know they are safe and being cared for well here. This is a community I would recommend, it is a nice place.

Facility seems outdated and dirty (in some parts). Carpets, tablecloths, and bathrooms were stained and dirty. Some pungent smells on some hallways. On the plus side, residents that I spoke with seemed alert and content. The activity areas/options (bingo, tv watching) did not seem especially stimulating.

We choose Brookdale St. Augustine Mom safe and secure

We Choose Brookdale St. Augustine for our mom. She has found eveyone very friendly and helpful. The facility is beautiful and very well maintained. The views are beautiful. The activities director outstanding and so very caring.
We feel we made the right choice.

Friendly, accommodating staff!

We used this community for a brief respite stay for a loved one, and overall I thought they did a great job! They were very accommodating, and really bent over backwards to make her stay a pleasant one. They even switched out some of the furniture in her room at her request, which I thought was very nice of them. We would definitely use them again!

It's very nice, the people have been helpful and concerned.

Things have been good. It's very nice, the people have been helpful and concerned. If you bring up something not going correctly they work to fix it.

Wonderful place!

I can't say enough good things about Brookdale St. Augustine, they've been a real godsend! The people here are friendly, knowledgeable, they received us warmly, and they've gone out of their way to help us with any issues that have come up. The facility is clean and nice, and they take great care of the residents. I highly recommend the place!

Very nice place

We've had a great experience overall with Brookdale St. Augustine. The staff here is friendly and professional, and they were really just a huge help throughout the whole process. The facility is clean, well kept, and well run, and they are taking very good care of my loved one.

Great place

Your loved on will really be taken care of here. I know that in the three months they have been living there that they are receiving the best care and this gives me great peace of mind. Portion sizes are a little small when it comes to food. There are open areas for gathering and social interaction. Overall, it has been a great choice!

We are very happy there and the people are great.

We are very happy there and the people are great. I think that because I had limited time to make a decision, I probably would have done more research to compare prices better. I feel like St. Augustine is an expensive location. There are a few more areas I would have looked at, but when I go I see people cleaning. They make a habit of calling at least once or twice a month just to check in. The activities director is really bent on doing as much as she can possibly do. They try to make it like a dining experience, which I think is a nice touch. When you first walk in it's nice, and the front desk staff avail themselves, they take security seriously. I have peace of mind given that I don't reside in the same state. It looks appealing from the outside too with the circular drive and everything.

Great Food

The staff is absolutely a five. They are responsive, but you really have to ask for what you need. The food is awesome! The food is the best part. The chef is well known in our community. I was delighted to find he was here.

Mom is doing very well here...

Mom is doing very well here. Staff is caring, food is good,activities director and nursing staff are good

They are very clean and friendly.

We are very happy with them. The food is great, I've had it twice. They are very clean and friendly. They are communicating with us, and are really great. We chose them because they were available to meet all our needs when we needed them.

They Were Nice

They were really nice, it was much more like what we were looking for, and we probably would have considered it more but it was much more expensive than Wyndham Lakes. They were about the same distance from my house. It seemed nice.

My Feelings

It is not easy when one has to decide to place their parent with people you don't know.
Luckily I did not have to do a massive and exhaustive research on where to place my Mom.

They had been suggested by several people. The physical therapist that were coming to the house to take care of Mom, a site called for Moms, Council on Aging, and an in home nursing business.

I went over there and met with Julie the director, and had an extensive tour of the place, went over what was offered to the senior citizen, such as exercise, games, social hours, what the nursing staff offered and the different levels that are offered depending on the care the senior made need.
I have eaten in the dining room with Mom at different times and every meal was enjoyable.
All the staff is very friendly and cares about the seniors who are staying there.
Since Mom has been there they have had one party with family invited which was quite nice, and had very good food.
If there is a problem they address it right away when you bring it up to them.
There have been no problems as far as getting my Mom to her Dr's appointments at all. I would highly recommend Emeritus to anyone who is looking for an assisted living place. You bring what furniture you want to make your room your own.
They have different sizes and all of them are quite nice.

Close to family and great care

They're going wonderfully, I went to the a place for mom website and they recommended this but it's not too far from where I live and my brother lives and we went in and did the tours and talked to other family members of residents and they all had wonderful things to say about it. Since my mom has been there she's been getting great care, she has some language problems and sometimes switches back and forth between English and Greek but they've been very understanding and if there are any issues they call me and let me know. They have socials everyday, sing a longs and puzzles and crafts and sometimes when I go and visit I see her doing thems with a bunch of other people, we're definitely getting value, It was a hard decision to make but I think we found the right place.

Toured with Julie on 6/7/13...

Toured with Julie on 6/7/13. 1. Location 6 miles from home. 2. Beds - 115. 3. First impression - people sitting on the porch enjoying the morning. 4. Outside was clean and well kept. 5. Inside clean, lots of people waiting in the lobby for their exercise class to begin. So, that made it seem a little crowded & loud. 6. Staff was courteous to us. 7. Information was well presented. 8. Basic price for one bedroom studio w/bath $3,100/mo. unfurnished. 9. Medication assistance - included. 10. Personal assistant plan (Level 2) - $775/mo. 11. Total $3875/mo. There is a $5,000 buyin fee to maintain the $3,100 studo price. 12. They do take Medicaid. 13. Did not talk to other clients. 14. They provide transportation to and from doctor visit and they take day trips. All in all, it looks like a very nice facility and it would be basically a good place for any Mom or Dad.

Our peaceful setting, restaurant style dining experience, activities and beautiful setting combine to create a wonderful living environment every day. Our genuine caring staff, home style meals, daily activities add to our residents' experience. They will tell you they appreciate all the options while living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.

Amenities and Services
• Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
• Medication management
• Dining assistance and special diets
• Assistance with reminders and redirection
• Escorts and assistance with walking
• Emergency response call system