Brookdale Sikes Lake - Wichita Falls, TX

Brookdale Sikes Lake - Wichita Falls, TX has yet not published prices.

Changes of care

We have not been really happy with some of the staff at this community. The menu is needing big improvements. We have wanted them to clean her room due to the staff not doing what was asked. The staff is not always pleasant. They need to be more helpful. We would not recommend this community for other families. The staff needs to make adjustments.

Care that dad needs

He seems to be adjusting well. He likes the food and cleaned his plate the last time I was there. He isn't participating in many activities but he is still adjusting. We chose this community because they offer Memory Care.

No longer a possibility. She is needing assisted living, not independent living.

Very Welcoming Community

My mother is doing very well at Brookdale I am very happy with my choice to move her here. The community is very nice looking and clean. The staff has been very accommodating to her and her needs, we are from the Caribbean and the food is much different then what she is use to and I was very impressed with all they have done to accommodate her eating needs. They have been very welcoming and friendly since the first day we walked in and still to this day I get the same greeting. This is a wonderful community that I would recommend.

I liked them, they were in my top three.

I toured here when I was looking. I liked them, they were in my top three. They were pretty comparable in every way to my first choice. The only thing against them was they would have been a little more expensive.

Not Happy

I am very dissapointed in the care. The first three weeks, the same sheet were on the bed. After that time I finally put clean bedding on myself. They said they shower twice a week, but if the person doesn't want to shower, they do not get cleaned up. They need to encourage the people to shower. The only time his dentures have been taken out and cleaned is when I do it. On several occasions I have had to tell them that the odor in the room is unbearable, all though when you walk past the room you can smell how bad the odor is. I noticed several bruises on him and have not been told one time about them. I am really disappointed in the care.

So far they've been very good.

So far they've been very good. We have only had one problem trying to get a cabinet door fixed, they only have one maintenence guy. We've had a real good experience with them, they worked with me on the price, when the care level went up. We have gone for some of the parties they have had, and they threw a party for my dads birthday too. They have been super nice, they give them activities and get them out to participate. It's very clean. They get their medicine on time and they come and do the laundry once a week, and make sure that they are ok, and that they get their meals. They accept VA benefits. They even took them out to see the Christmas lights. Tracy the activities director tries to find different things for them to do even in memory care. I wish they would get Eric some help with the maintenence, I think sometimes he gets overwhelmed, he is the only maintenance.

Great Place for my Mom

I visited 4 assisted living facilities in Wichita Falls. I was most impressed with the personnel and the layout of this facility. Since my mother moved in 3 weeks ago, there has been a transition. Now she has made some friends and really likes it!

Happy Overall

I actually have my mother and mother-in-law in there. One of them is happy and the other one is just getting there, so she's not so happy. The care services, I've had some issues in that area. My mother-in-law had some spot on her legs that didn't get attention and she had to go to the hospital. I couldn't say for a fact that it's Emeritus's fault. It's partly my education about where services begin and end.

From what I've seen, I'm not there so it's har to tell, they play bingo 2 or 3 times a week and a couple of things that come in from the outside have been good. They have a beauty shop there. Overall, I think I'm happy with what they're offering.

1,750 entry fee too much 5...

1,750 entry fee too much 500sf for a 1 bedroom too small.no pool table.

living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.