Ten Oaks Place - Lawton, OK

Ten Oaks Place - Lawton, OK has yet not published prices.

Great place for my Mom in memory care

Ten Oaks memory care is perfect for my Mom. She’s well taken care of and encouraged to take part in activities. The staff is aware of her needs and accommodates her to the best of their abilities.

The place has a peculiar smell and needs a good deep cleaning.

I live 600 miles away. Reaching knowledgeable staff that can update me about Mom’s condition is difficult at times since she can’t answer the phone in her room. When I do reach someone they are very friendly and update me adequately. I might be calling during mealtimes sometimes but there seems to be a shortage of staff at times.

My mom feels safe here

When I was first looking at a community for my mom I wanted something close to the VA Hospital. When I first visited here, everyone was very nice. There was never a bad smell at all and it didn’t feel like a nursing home. My mom really likes this community and they treat her very well. The staff makes a point to go see her and talk to her often. They’re always available and she feels very comfortable around them. The rooms are really good and she has a studio apartment. It’s the perfect size for my mom and she feels really safe here. It does have a full-size bathroom, sink, and a mini fridge even if my mom doesn’t use it. The facility provides 3 meals a day with a few different options for each meal. They also offer snacks in between meals just in case my mom gets hungry in between meals. The facility itself is very clean and the outside appearance is nice as well. The staff cleans her room regularly and they also do her laundry. The only thing I think that they could improve is they should have a little sidewalk for my mom to take walks around the facility. For activities, they offer something every day. There’s a lot of bingo, drawing, they watch TV as a group, and they even take them on field trips to go out and eat or to the mall. This facility is really good and I haven’t met anyone here who isn’t upbeat, positive or anyone who wasn’t nice. I would really recommend this community.

Having 6 years experience with my mother at Ten Oaks and recently looking at the other facilities in Lawton there is no place that is close to Ten Oaks. Comparing cost, care, and facilities Ten Oaks is by far the best place for my mother. The staff in the memory care unit is beyond expectation.

A great place to live!

The friendly atmosphere has made our living here a pleasure. While we have lived at Ten Oaks Place, Lawton, everyone has gone out of their way to meet our needs. The dining and kitchen staff are friendly and provide excellent service. Activities are a treat and range from birthday parties, transportation and facilities for family meals. The facility is well maintained, clean and housekeeping is thorough and professional. The medical staff has been great and responded to two personal emergencies in a professional manner. Their day to day support for medications has been very pleasant and thorough as well. The welcome we received after our move-in was great and made our adjustment to life here very easy. The staff has supported our every need. This has truly become home.

Good Tour, But To Far for Us

I toured this community for my mother, and her needs. Everything went well, and this is a pretty nice community. It looked clean, and well-kept. The staff was friendly, and nice. It was a pleasant experience. Unfortunately the location was to far for our families to travel too.

Found this place to be warm, inviting & very friendly & welcoming! Fairly clean & neat & the rooms we viewed (the studio in both the main asst. living & memory area) were very spacious & full of storage. We are just concerned about the bathrooms & the possibility of falls.

Nice community!

The community at Brookdale Ten Oaks was a great experience. Everything went well when dad moved into the community. The staff were very friendly and resourceful. We were very happy with the level of care that dad was receiving at Brookdale Ten Oaks.

The Tour Was Great

Administrator Jacquline is wonderful, she gave me a good walk around the community. I like there is food available all day. They have a salad and sandwich bar available. It is a nice facility and there are a lot of residents. She took me to memory care unit, we agreed my mom did not need it yet.

There really didn't seem to be any better options.

I have been happy with them, I guess. They worked out okay. There really didn't seem to be any better options.

Not A Good Experience

Our experience with this community was an okay one. They were very courtesy up to us signing the contract. The billing department at this community is not good. We had to place my father into another facility, due to his level of care. They only refunded us back 17 of all the money we put down on a deposit. Our experiences with a place for mom was great, they were very helpful.

Not Good Results

The food was Not Fit To Eat. It Was Overcooked Always. My mom fell and family was Not Notified. She needed staples in her foot. My sister found her still in her Bloody Sock Hours Later,

Brookdale Ten Oaks is an outstanding facility and I highly recommend it!

The staff at Ten Oaks is outstanding! From the first moment my father came to tour the facility, he was met at the front door with warmth, care, and respect. His first words were "I really like this place" which is a huge compliment from him. The Executive Director, as well as every member of her staff, is totally involved in the resident's lives and have been so helpful in making this transition smooth and minimally stressful. I am grateful for a Place for Mom pointing me to Ten Oaks as a viable option for my father; he's only lived at Ten Oaks for two weeks but he's happier than I've seen him in quite awhile.

Love It So Far

I don't really have any complaints, my parents really love it and they are cared for well.

Some of the RNs aren't good, but everyone else is good

The care services are good except for the RNs on the weekends. Sometimes they don't show up and sometimes they're late but I guess that's just what you get working with people. It's just a few people in the organization that make it so I can't rate them a 5 but overall I think they're doing pretty good.

I ate there with my wife and I thought the food was pretty good. All the residents think it's terrible but I guess that's the same everywhere. They have shopping trips, movies, walking, church, excercising, and wii bowling.

Nice and Clean

The community is really nice and friendly. They keep the community really clean. The staff is really friendly and communicate all information in a timely manner. There are lots of activities if you chose to participate in them.

Ten Oaks Place is an assisted living community that provides intimate care for residents who may require everything from assisted living to urgent placement. Care plans are customized to each resident and are implemented by registered nurses who are available 24 hours a day. Residents can take part in any number of activities including field trips, chair yoga and lunch outings. For those who require memory care services, staff members are able to assist with dressing, grooming, medication management and more. The community also offers respite care and temporary stay services, taking even more of the stress off of families.