Brookdale River Valley Tualatin - Tualatin, OR

Brookdale River Valley Tualatin - Tualatin, OR has yet not published prices.

street map for Brookdale River Valley Tualatin - Tualatin, OR

Toured only: Lovely and convenient location with right level of care available for our needs. Interior is outdated and apartments we were shown have outdated fixtures, cabinets, doors, etc.

Brookdale River Valley Landing

My mother has lived here for three years and we have been extremely happy with the care she has been receiving, as well as the food. I’ve noticed all of my moms concerns have been addressed in a very timely manner and the care staff seems to really listen to her gripes and resolved them quickly. The views from every apartment are amazing and we love the park like setting and proximity to hospital. My mom’s balcony allows her to get fresh air and sit outside and enjoy the birds. We are so pleased that we chose the right fit for my mom at Brookdale River Valley Tualatin. We would recommend to anyone looking for a home for their parents

Mom has been there almost 2 months. Says the food is awful. Much worse than the last place she was at. Rooms are dark. Not much natural light and room lighting is not good.
We are starting to look for another place for her. Location and facility is otherwise great. The reviews were very good and we were kind of rushed to get her moved from out of state so we chose this place.

Unprofessional Staff

We took a tour here, and we were not very impressed with the person showing us around. She just did not seem very professional at all. I did like the idea of being able to see the pastoral view they had from outside of their picture window in the lobby, and I liked that they had an outdoor area for the residents. However, the first impression as well as the fact that they did not have anything available at the time made it not a good fit for us.

Sister is settling in

This is a nice community the staff is helpful but would like to see more encouragement to get involved. They have lots of activities but with my sister's dementia she forgets so would just love for them to try more with her. The food could use some improvement its the basic mass produced food so more variety would be nice. There is a beautiful garden area with raised beds, also a wildlife sanctuary that they can see through the windows. It is a clean community but we have to be sure they go in weekly to clean her apartment. Overall I would recommend them to anyone who is looking.

During Her Stay

I am bringing my loved one back home. I like the staff and they are fine but my wife would have to go into the memory care. She just wants to be home. It is should be a good community for a more willing resident.

A good fit

Mom is starting to get adjusted to living at Brookdale. I was not happy that no one came to see her when she first moved in. They have been great since then. I really like and trust the marketing director. The coordinator is really nice. They are taking good care of mom. Mom looks better and seems to like the food. They do her laundry and keep the community clean.

Extremely pleased!

We are extremely pleased with my father's stay at this Brookdale location! The staff are very involved with patients. In fact, just the other week, the staff invited a big group of residents out on the lawn to relax and talk with one another, which thought was very nice. They are also very responsive and seek to resolve issued quickly. The food is excellent as well! There are served in generous, healthy portions, which my father enjoys. Overall, this is a phenomenal facility!

Still adjusting...

My husband has been having a hard time adjusting since his move in. the staff, from what I have seen, have been trying to help him get comfortable. When I go visit him, the facility is always clean and maintained very well. Everyone is very nice.

We are generally happy with Brookdale

I did have one issue when they dispensed moms medication incorrectly one day. We are now taking care of this ourselves. The inside of the community is well taken care of , however the outside could use a little maintenance. The staff are nice and they offer daily activities. They seem to offer healthy meals and they have a decent selection. They will bring the meals to the room if you do not feel like going to the dining room. This community is in a good location for us and it is affordable. I would recommend this community.

It's perfect!

What I like the most about this Brookdale is the staff involvement. I feel that it goes deeper than just a sales job, the people there are so caring and they know all of the residents. When anyone walks down the hallway, even if they are not caregivers, they will go out of their way to make the residents comfortable. The facility itself is beautiful. My father has a balcony that looks out into the woods and he can see animals and go on walks. It is the perfect fit!

Beware!

I cannot give Brookdale any stars. Memory care is awful.
My spouse was there only 5 hours and had 3 falls. The 3rd fall landed him in the hospital for a week. Poor staffing levels. Beware!

Great care

This is a nice community. I found it to be very clean. I was happy with meals. I felt a lot of pressure to have my mom move into this community. They did have activities for the residents. The other people were very kind. I would suggest other families take a tour here for the care of a loved one. I was able to see the meals that were served and they seemed to be appealing.

Brookdale River Valley Tualatin gets my recommendation!

I have good communication with the staff. They are nice and helpful. They have a high ratio of staff to residents in the memory care department. They offer daily activities and the activities coordinator is good at asking the residents for suggestions for activities they like. The community is clean, bright and well lit.

Not What We Liked To See

On this tour we saw that the residents from different stages were mixed together. However I meet with friendly and compassionate staff member. It was a good tour but not the right place for my dad.

The staff are very very good!!!

The staff spare nothing to try and help. I witnessed how excellently they handled a few of the residents that may not have been paying attention to what was going on around them. I have eaten there a few times and the food is pretty good. I also think the cost of the food for a guest is quite reasonable. I would have no qualms about recommending this community. They do a really nice job of keeping the community clean.

Mom Has Improved Since Staying Here

This community is so bright and airy, it has a lovely out door backyard and a big nice patio. The staff are extremely accommodating and involved with my mom. The community offers plenty of activities like live music, exercising, and singing from guests. My mom has improved so much, she is now talking, walking, and writing! This community make mom feel so comfortable and I would definitely recommend this community

My father likes the Brookdale River Valley facility. He enjoys the food and the people there, including the staff who have been very helpful. My one complaint is that Brookdale doesn't provide ride service to my fathers hospital, the VA near OHSU. Apparently it is 10.5 miles from the facility and rides are provided to hospitals within 10 miles. This means I have to personally take him to the VA or he needs a taxi. Seems like we should be at Brookdale Oswego Springs where they provide such transportation.

The true facts

The merge took place the summer of 2015. Sales gal quit the day after our parents moved in. Turn over is unbeliveabe in management. Menus online sounds fabulous. What comes out of the kitchen is a joke. We wanted our parents assisted living experience to be a joy. Residence and staff at this place are jumping ship as fast as they can. We have finally given up hope. We are getting them out of there. David who gives Meds is the only one that is professional. Wish him the best ...

Avoid this place. Extremely unprofessional. Memory care is pathetic. They are all about the money!!!!

It's working out so far, we are happy with it.

Things are going pretty well so far, we don't really have any complaints. Everything is pretty clean, and the staff is friendly. It's working out so far, we are happy with it.

Good facility, but there are billing issues.

Other than the billing department, things are going pretty good. The billing department has had a few mix ups, but those can be pretty costly to a person. The staff is nice, and it's clean and all. They have plenty of activities, and I don't get complaints about the food, or anything really. Just that billing issue.

Our Father's Continuing Journey

First of all, I would like to give a BIG THANK YOU to my adviser at A Place For Mom, Barbara. She gave us valuable, timely information on the new memory care wing of Emeritus at River Valley in Tualatin, OR which just opened.

We have had a very stressful year as my father was residing in The Dalles, OR nearer his home and we had to make a move for several reasons and felt it better if he were nearer family members. In April he moved to Hillsboro, OR close to family where he became more ill and was diagnosed with dementia. Our search for memory care began again just 3 months later.

After Barbara's call I went to see Emeritus Valley the next day and was so awed at the open feeling of the memory care wing and attention given to family members in their care. We were definitely impressed with views of neighboring grassy slopes and treed wildlife area bordering the buildings. My father has always been an outdoors man!

As I work overseas and currently live in Florida I haven't been back since, one of my sisters moved our father in July. He shares a very nice semi private space with another gentleman.

It will be another month before I'm back to Oregon and perhaps I'll be able to rate the wing higher but these stars are based upon first impressions.

The only negative in my opinion is every call is answered adding 'our family is committed to yours' after Emeritus at River Valley. To me this is an overworked cliche their marketing department came up with. It sounds more sincere to me just to know the person's name.

Everyone we have met and spoken with at River Valley have been wonderful.

A Smooth Transition

We have only been there for five days so far but my mother has commented that everyone with whom she has interacted has been extremely helpful and pleasant. The staff has been excellent during this time of transition for my mother who is coming from living alone for the past 36 years. The facility is nicely kept and everyone has been very accommodating. My mother has early memory loss symptoms and River Valley has a memory care unit onsite into which we could transition should it ever become necessary. River Valley should be on everyone's short list of assisted living facilities.

Everything has gone well.

Everything has gone well. They were just on top of everything, Karlene was excellent. They bent and twisted and just got him in there. They have some medication requirements for packaging and things that doesn't always work for us, but that's just how it goes, and they are looking into it too. He hasn't complained about the food, at least yet. We chose it because they have an Alzheimer's facility really near by.

Overall...I would recommend Emeritus at River Valley

The Emeritus staff were very friendly, courteous, patient and understanding ~ especially in light of conflicting family perspectives, denial of our mother's cognitive abilities and overall needs. The Emeritus staff were lovingly supportive. The facility is beautiful and inviting and warm. So far Emeritus staff are doing a great job of pairing Mom with other residents, ones who will draw her out (Mom does not like to socialize nor does she like unfamiliar situations).
The one thing that was irksome was the 2 month delay in the opening of their new memory care unit.
The push back of the opening of the memory care unit, what felt like vague timelines...but that said...it could have been our family member who self-designated themselves as the person in charge, who doled out that information. So take this paragraph with a grain of salt.

Loved it. This one is my choice. Plan...

Loved it. This one is my choice. Plan to meet with them today.Close to me, the hospital, the doctors.

Lovely facility, VERY friendly staff ...

Lovely facility, VERY friendly staff and residents, good activity variety & menu. I would definitely recommend it!

Located in quaint Tualatin, OR, Brookdale River Valley provides treatment with compassion and dignity for elders suffering from Alzheimer's and dementia. The clinically trained staff helps with day-to-day grooming and care as well as medical supervision and doctor's orders compliance. Residents are encouraged to socialize through planned games and activities as well as unstructured time in the safe, secure common rooms and landscaped grounds. Nutritious meals are prepared on site, with vegetarian options available. An on-call doctor is standing by, and speech, occupational, and physical therapists provide services at the facility. At Brookdale, memory care is offered with compassion and respect. A Wonderful Place To Call HOME! Fabulous opportunities abound for the senior lifestyle of your choice at River Valley Landing. All apartments are fully carpeted with individual climate control and emergency call systems. We offer transportation to shopping, doctor appointments and much more. The activities offered are endless: bingo, poker, pinocchle, puzzles, art museum, trips to the beach, movie nights, fitness class and so much more.