Brookdale Oswego Springs Portland - Portland, OR

Brookdale Oswego Springs Portland - Portland, OR has yet not published prices.

I found this assistant living not to my liking. The building inside was not well taken care of, even dirty in some spots. The outside area was much worse.I would not go out on the patio in the back...really sad to see. The residents seemed rather quiet and solemn which says something negative about the place where they are living. Guide for the tour could not answer a number of my questions, did not seem to have much knowledge about the aging process and certainly did not know how to converse about dementias.

Care and adjustments

This is a nice community for care. We like the knowing that she is carried for. The staff should be more attentive. The menu needs to be improved in a few areas. They do have activities for the residents. The community is maintained. We would recommend that families tour the community to make a decision on the care for a loved one.

I wasn't overly impressed with this community on our tour. The gentleman that guided us on the tour seemed nice and friendly however that is all the staff we saw. I did stop and speak to a few residents to see how they liked living there and they both had come from another community and said it was much better than where they had previously been. However, I found the community to be a little dingy and the studio apartments were smaller than what I had expected.

Too expensive

Our tour of Brookdale was very nice and they were informative. We decided against them because the price was too much.

Not what we were looking for...

The Brookdale Oswego Springs Portland was not my favorite. The rooms were much smaller and they did not have the one bedroom apartment that we needed available. It would not have been a good fit for my mother.

I Like This Community

My mom is now living at this community and all is pretty good so far. The staff are very helpful, attentive and welcoming always. The community is clean all the time. My mom has joined a few activities and made some new friends. The food is really good, fresh and mom has a variety to choose from. I would recommend this community because the transition has been good and my mom is truly enjoying her time here.

We toured here and liked it.

We toured here and liked it. It was nice, definitely our second choice. It was mainly our second choice, because we needed a single level building. We thought two floors would be a bit much for our loved one.

Average overall in a very nice facility.

Dining room: too cold, service is slow; wait time for water is too long. Food is par - leaves something to be desired; tough meat, too many meals of chicken served. Strawberry blintz's are very good.

Four - Stars

I think that with the medication management and getting things managed they did a good job with that. I think initially the move-in worked well, but we had some difficulties with other parts of the care plan.

Not A Good Experience

The worst thing about it is that they have an automatic rent increase every year regardless of market conditions. I think that is pretty outrageous. The food is terrible and the wait time for it is awful.

Brookdale Senior Living

Thank you for taking the time to visit and share your feedback. We will share your feedback with our management team.

excellent job

They have done an excellent job welcoming my dad into the community. They have done everything in their power to make him feel comfortable, and to adjust to his new home. I really think they've done an outstanding job and can't think of anything they could do to improve. It's been a great experience and I would highly recommend Brookdale Oswego Springs Portland.

Fairly good community

Oswego Springs strikes me as a reasonably competent community. It's too small [perhaps 75people] to have much group activity and the residents, of course, are nearly all handicapped in some way. Meals are adequate, but far from gourmet, and service is maddeningly slow.

It's been going pretty well.

It's been going pretty well. They just got a new activities coordinator, and for a while it was touch and go, with some activities. The food seems okay, they seem to enjoy it. The staff is extremely friendly, we have been impressed with them. There has been some turnover, but they have handled it really well, they haven't skipped a beat. But that maybe caused some communication hiccups between the staff, just having people get on the same page with the care coordination. I like that they are a team group, anyone will jump in and help, and Susie the front desk is dynamite. The room was really nice, and I had a friend who had previous positive experience.

It was a poor fit for us.

It was a poor fit for us. No warmth and the personal connection was completely lacking. We chose a different community that we like much better! Finding a place you like is so very important.

I was misled by the brochure and by t...

I was misled by the brochure and by the people who said they could handle someone with dementia. After spending a great deal of time moving my mother in, I realized the level of care they could provide was less than she needed and had to move her out. This was an extremely upsetting situation.

Toured. Liked the facility, and consi...

Toured. Liked the facility, and considering it.

Pretty surroundings. A little more re...

Pretty surroundings. A little more removed/isolated feeling.

We have promised ourselves that we shall always treat our residents as we would our own loved ones. Nothing less than our best will do." This is a simple promise that the staff at Oswego Springs- and throughout Brookdale Senior Living communities- has shared since our Portland, Oregon assisted living community first opened its doors. It's a simple promise to be compassionate and kind, understanding and respectful- a promise to become extended family to the seniors entrusted in our care and to our retirees who have chosen our community for its active lifestyle.

Oswego Springs is located in a quiet residential neighborhood next to Portland Community College at Sylvania College. We are surrounded by a wooded area, yet many stores and businesses are close at hand. Health and hygiene assistance are provided with dignity and privacy. Light housekeeping and linen services are also included. Nutritious meals are prepared on site and served communally in the dining room. Socialization and entertainment are important here - group outings to the many attractions of Portland occur regularly. The landscaped grounds are ideal for outdoor relaxation, and the cozy common areas are perfect for a quiet book or craft project. Transportation to medical appointments and group outings is provided. Pets are welcome! With easy access to I-5 from the Barber Exit, we are also just minutes from Portland’s International Rose Test Garden, quaint historic districts, entertainment, fine dining and numerous hospitals, including Oregon Health Sciences University (OHSU) Two skilled nursing facilities – the Pearl at Cruise Way and Marquis Care at Vermont Hills – are also close by. Our ideal setting allows residents to enjoy all the advantages of city living – yet feel as if they are in the country.

With easy access to I-5, we can get into downtown Portland in just seven minutes. From attending performances of the Nutcracker to wandering the paved pathways at the Portland International Rose Test Garden to visiting local museums and taking scenic drives through Washington Park, we do as much as possible to take advantage of all that this wonderful city has to offer. We also take residents on outings beyond city limits, including to the Tulip Festival in Wilsonville, to Spirit Mountain Casino and to spectacular Multnomah Falls, less than an hour’s drive from our senior living community.