Markham House - Portland, OR

When you visit our retirement community in the heart of Portland, you’ll notice something unexpected the minute you walk through the doors. You can see, hear, and feel the energy and vibrancy of our community. The lobby is bustling, people are laughing, and friends are chatting. Some are planning outings to Lake Oswego or Multnomah Village, while others are grabbing coffee before they go shopping at Washington Square. Markham House feels like an active community because it is an active community.

Our philosophy of premium customer service translates into an experience that feels more like you’re on a permanent vacation, and less like you’re in a retirement community. The atmosphere is warm, friendly, and inviting—whatever our residents need, our helpful staff is ready to deliver.

At Markham House, we don’t just care for people—we care about people, and want to help our residents get the most out of their retirement. Want to plan a movie night? Invite your family. How about a game of poker? Stack your chips. Dinner in the city sound fun? Hop on the shuttle. Whatever you want to do, whatever your interests are, we can help bring them to life in this next phase of life.

At Markham House, a fun, adventurous retirement is there for the taking. All you have to do is make yourself at home.

My father's care

This is a nice community. The staff are outstanding and very caring to his needs. The meals are healthy and very good. They do offer alot of nice activities. The communnity itis clean and maaintaineed. We would recommend this community to other families for great care and a great value.

We are happy with this community.

I like that this community has independent living and assisted living residents that are able to interact with each other. They have a wide variety of social interaction. The community is beautiful and it is not overly large. The staff is accommodating and I have good communication with them. The food is great and they offer plenty of activities. I would recommend this community.

The Tour Was Outstanding

This community was walking distance from me, which I liked most about it. On my tour I got to see an outdoor walkway for all the residents. Everyone in the community was welcoming, even the residents had a chat with us. The staff are so helpful and informative. The community was very clean and maintained. This community was my 1st choice for my mom.

We Are Pleased

It has been a very good experience in this community. We are very pleased and my mother is happy. The community is very clean and well-kept. The staff has been very welcoming and helpful. She is trying some new activities. She enjoys the meals, the food is nice. Overall it has been a good experience. I would recommend it.

Overall they do a very, very nice job. They are very friendly and it is a very nice atmosphere.

Markham House is the Best!

I coulnd't have found a better place for my Mom to spend the last part of her life. The staff there was very caring and treated Mom with the utmost of respect. They were very friendly and called her by name every time they saw her, even the dining room staff. She was definitely a person to them, not just a source of income. They were very accomodating and my Mom felt at home and safe instantly. And I (her daughter) knew I didn't have to worry about her there. I highly recomend the Markham House.

Really close and familiar. Across th...

Really close and familiar. Across the street from the library mom and dad would go to. Busy street (Capitol Hwy. Smaller facility--nicely maintained. Some units look more like apts (have their own outside door.)

Toured. Have a deposit down and are h...

Toured. Have a deposit down and are hoping a spot opens soon.

1 bedroom 3, 250 - 550 sq ft. Studi...

1 bedroom 3, 250 - 550 sq ft. Studio - 2700 400/2950 450