Brookdale Pointe West - Bradenton, FL

Brookdale Pointe West - Bradenton, FL has yet not published prices.

Not happy here

I just took my mom out of here after 3 months. The RN's and a few of the assistants are very nice. The other assistants don't care and I guess hope the next shift does the work. My moms depends were hardly changed, many times I would go in and she was full of poop and felt like days worth of urine, guess that's why we fought UTI's the whole time she was in here. One time she smelled so bad and I found out it had been 3 weeks since her last shower! Needless to say I started showering her myself. Some mornings I came in and she was under one little sheet in clothes not even her pajamas. One time after breakfast I went in her room and checked her bed, it had been all made up and the sheets were urine soaked! It smells terrible! I tried to clean the room and brought in air fresheners but not much helped. The RN's are very nice, but they are not the ones that are caring for your loved ones, the aids are and a large part of them are NOT trained. Sadly one of my moms aids was one with a mean attitude, not how you want your loved one to be cared for. Don't go here.

Father is doing Well At This Community

Everything is working out pretty well for my father with his move to this community. It is a nice place, and I'am comfortable with his move here. It is a good community with caring people. I know he is receiving great care, and in good hands. Overall all is well, and this is a community I would recommend.

Excellent Community, My Tour Was Great

I had an excellent tour of this community. It was one of my top picks for my husband to move to. Everyone was very kind and friendly. They were very accommodating, and helpful. During my tour, I noticed the staff was very attentive, and caring to the residents. It was a wonderful experience, and this is a very nice community.

My Dad Is Active

I believe my dad is getting proper and good care. I am able to speak with the staff when needed. I am told that the food is good. My dad gets to help clean up and joins the music recreation, he has made friends along the way. The have a room with a T.V. and an indoor and outdoor garden. Everything is looking good.

4 stars

In general long term care is just way too expensive. The facility is very clean. The staff is very friendly and helpful. It's very expensive. My loved one lives here.

concerns

They were confident they could deal with my loved one’s condition. We were under a lot of pressure to move him to a different memory care community. I just don’t know if it was a lack of training or if it was just the nature of things, but he wasn’t there very long. Please be sure that whatever community you select is actually able to deal with the severity of your loved one’s concern.

Brookdale Pointe West is a beautiful memory care community located in Bradenton Florida. Bradenton bursts with Old Florida charm with a vibrant and historic downtown area just a short drive from the world famous Gulf beaches.

Brookdale Pointe West is a dedicated Alzheimer's and dementia care community, committed to meeting the needs of this very special population. We know that familiarity is important to the peace of mind and comfort of people with dementia, which is why our residents enjoy a gentle daily structure that includes mental and physical exercises, daily life skills practicing and a life enriching activities schedule. Services and amenities offered at Brookdale Pointe West include:

Individualized care plans that are regularly reviewed and adapted to meet changing needs
Access to a specially chosen and well-trained staff
Assistance with activities of daily living in a way that promotes individuality and dignity
Housekeeping and laundry services
Care oversight from professional nurses
A secured environment for the safety of residents
On-site library

Our community feels just like home to our residents, with intimate and comfortable spaces for residents to enjoy. We have an award-winning dining program that offers dementia-friendly dining in a supportive and consistent manner.