Brookdale Paddock Hills - Ocala, FL

Brookdale Paddock Hills - Ocala, FL has yet not published prices.

Review of Brookdale Paddock Hills

My husband has lived here since March 2018. He has adjusted well, due to the good care. He has congestive heart failure and dementia (mild). I highly recommend this to anyone looking for loving care.

Visited on [date removed] - The facility was clean, the staff was friendly, the prices were more reasonable than around the villages. I still think that it's too soon for memory care for mom, I will keep this place is in consideration.

Review of Brookdale Paddock Hills

Very nice + comfortable + caring people - who I feel take good care of my wife.

This is a well-established community in the SE part of town. The tour was thoroughly adequate, as are the rooms and facilities. I must say the complimentary lunch was less than impressive, though. The tour manager was pretty new, and not yet familiar with the prices of various senior needs beyond the basic room.

Although this facility was not as "chic" as some I have seen in the past I was enamoured with the staff. It was a clean facility and I just felt at home and also felt there was a feeling of warmth from staff to patient and vice Versa. So long story short I signed on with them and [Removed] will be moving there just after mid January.

Review of Brookdale Paddock Hills Ocala, FL

My Mom is a new resident at this facility. She became a resident during the hurricane mess. They were very accommodating. They were able to get her room set up till I was able to get her furniture there. The complete staff was wonderful in making her comfortable and welcoming and seeing to her needs.

Not the Level of Care That We Needed

I had a nice and very professional tour with the community. However, the community seemed hospital oriented. Resident were in wheelchairs and walkers and right now he did not need that type of care. They were not the best fit for my dad.

Going Well

The experience is doing well. I do feel my mother is safe, and in good hands. Everything has worked out well.

I really like living here at Brookdale Paddock Hills. I am very comfortable and have everything I need. I would highly recommend this community.

Great respite

My Dad stayed here for a two weeks respite. He had a great time and the staff was wonderful. I will repeat this experience when we need to be gone on extended trips again.

Concerned with My Mothers Lack of Care in this Community

It is still a work in progress for my mother with her move to this community. I do have my concerns about the lack of care she is receiving. The staff is not attentive to her, and her needs. She has only had one shower since her move to this community. I do not feel it is fair to my mother, because she pays a lot of money to stay in this community. The people are nice, but they are not taking good care of my mother.

This facility is wonderful. Mom and I had lunch with [Removed] and we also had time with [Removed]. It was a very productive day.
I am 100% Comfortable leaving my mom here for respite care in May and December thanks to [Removed] and [Removed].

Fine Community

My mother in law is doing okay since her move to this community. There has been a couple of set backs, but overall we are pleased with all they have done for us. We know she is receiving good care. The staff for the most part is good. The experience is going well for us here at this community. Overall it is a community I would recommend.

Athena Acosta

Thank you for your review! We are pleased to know that your mother in law is doing well in our community and that you would recommend us. I apologize for the set backs and would like to discuss this further with you. Please give our Executive Director, Ken Ragan, a call to discuss these set backs, as we want you and your family to be completely satisfied with your mother in law's stay at Brookdale Paddock Hills! We are bringing new life to senior living!

Knowledgeable tour guide!

During my tour of the Brookdale Paddock Hills, I noticed that it was very clean and maintained well. The tour guide was very nice and was able to give me good information as well as answer my questions. They took us around and showed us the rooms and common areas. It was a good experience.

Athena Acosta

Thank you for taking the time to review our beloved community! We take great pride in keeping our community clean and well maintained. I appreciate your kind words about the tour guide and the ability to answer your questions. We are always available by telephone, cell phone, or email to answer any questions. Brookdale Paddock Hills strives to bring new life to senior living!

Care for family

This is a nice community. The staff is nice, but there is a lack of communication. I feel like she might need some additional assistance or more staff. They offer healthy meals and a good variety. They have a lot of activities that she is offered to participate. She likes the happy hours and music. there is a nice outdoor area that is enjoyed. The community is very clean. I would recommend this community for other families to tour for good care.

Athena Acosta

Thank you for your review. We take great pride in our dining services program! Our community realizes the importance of a variety of activities, as we like to keep our residents active and engaged. We would like to address your concern as to the lack of communication you feel you are receiving from us. Please contact our Executive Director, Ken Ragan, to address these concerns. Thank you for entrusting us with the care of your loved one!

I had a VERY pleasant experience here. The building has only ione floor, which I like. It was well maintained. The rooms were large, and the residents said they really loved it there. Athena was quite enthusiasti. All in all, this was an imopressive experien ce.

Athena Acosta

Thank you for your review and such kind words! We find that our seniors & their families prefer a one floor building, as it can be difficult for some to navigate stairs or elevators. Our residents are happy, as our family-like atmosphere is ideal to most. We are happy to hear that you had an impressive experience. It is our goal to bring new life to senior living!

We are extremly grateful...

We absolutely love this community! My sister and I live out of state with no other family to care for my mom. We were at wits end as what to do about our mom. My sister worked closely with Athena and moved my mom into the facility within days! Athena went above the call of duty to help my mother and in doing so has been an answer to prayer, an earthly angel, for my sister and I. Words fail to express the thankfulness we have for all Athena has done to help us all through an extremely difficult time. She is a valuable asset to the company and we are extremely grateful she was here to help our family.

Athena Acosta

Thank you for your review! We realize that it is extremely difficult to find the right community for a loved one when families are out of state. It is our pleasure to work with families to find the right community at the right time. It is never "above the call of duty" to help our families in their time of need. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know you appreciate all we do to help your mom. Thank you very much for entrusting Brookdale Paddock Hills with the care of your mom. We strive everyday to bring new life to senior living!

Brookdale Paddock Hills to the rescue!

My sister and I live in PA while our mother lives in Florida. The family member she had been living with passed away. Her grief affected her ability to take care of herself and due to our own illnesses and financial circumstances getting her the help she needed was difficult, to say the least. Thanks to the staff at Brookdale Paddock Hills in Ocala, in particular their sales manager - [Removed], all our concerns were resolved within 3 days. This was after 2 1/2 years of hitting brick walls ( Ex: We would order home help for our mother, which she asked us to do, but when they showed up she would cancel the service). Our mom was hospitalized, then we were suddenly given notice that she was to be discharged soon and would need help. Thanks to [Removed] at A Place for Mom and Brookdale/Athena our Mom was moved to a very nice studio Apt in their ALS unit. Their services and care have been excellent and at a reasonable price. We were able to set everything up via the internet, fax, & phone. Our mom loves it there!

Sherry,
Thank you so much for your kind words and review! It is our pleasure to help your family in your time of need. We take great pride in taking care of her needs and meeting your expectations. Our community is filled with amazing people and complimented with their fantastic families. We are so happy that you have entrusted Brookdale Paddock Hills with the care of your mom! We strive everyday to bring new life to senior living. Thank you, again, for your kind words and raving review!

Too expensive!!

My mother in law used to live in this community. The place was nice but she just was not happy. Aso, the place was very expensive and she could not afford it. Other than that, it's a pretty good community.

Athena Acosta

Thank you for your review. We strive to ensure our residents are happy, engaged, and well cared for. We are sorry to see her go, but happy to know that your family believes Brookdale Paddock Hills is a good community. We strive to bring new life to senior living!

Not a Community I would Recommend

I would not recommend this community to anyone. Everything about this community needs improvement. In the beginning they promised a lot things to my mother and I, and they have not followed through with many of those promises. The billing is horrible. They continue to overcharge my mother for things she never received. When I bring up my concerns to the director, he says he will fix the problems, but he never does. The resources they say they have available, they don't. Everybody hates the food. This community isn't fit for anybody, they do not provide acceptable care.

Athena Acosta

Thank you for your review. We would appreciate the opportunity to speak to you directly about your concerns. Please call the community at [removed] and ask for Executive Director Ken Ragan or kindly provide contact information for us to reach you.
Athena Acosta

Working with the entire staff as been a pleasure

John,
Thank you for your review! We realize our residents' families are just as important as our residents. We feel privileged to know you entrust Brookdale Paddock Hills with the care of your loved one.
Athena

I love my dad there! I see a happy side of him that I haven’t seen in quite a while. He is making friends & participating in the activities. At first, he did not want to go, but, Athena made him feel comfortable & understand why this was a great choice for him. I am very happy with their facility. I would recommend paddock hills to anyone.

Athena Acosta

Thank you for your review! Once our seniors make the move into a community, they wonder why they decided to wait so long. The programs in place are designed to encourage our seniors to become engaged, make friends, and enjoy all the places life can go. We love hearing that you would recommend Brookdale Paddock Hills to anyone, as referrals from family members are our greatest compliment! Again, thank you for your kind words. They will be shared with everyone!

My mom is so happy here. At first she didn’t want to go. Once she got there, she quickly made friends. Now she plays bingo, participates in dress up days, and loves it. Everyone there makes her feel like she is truly at home. I feel great knowing she is taken care of so well.

Athena Acosta

Thank you for your reply! We absolutely love hearing about happy residents. The programs we have in place are designed to encourage our residents have fun, make friends, and enjoy all the places life can go! It is our pleasure to make her feel at home and give her the best possible care. Thank you again for such kind words about our community!

The Other Community Option

They were my second option after touring the community. It was clean and it had activities available for the residents. They were a little farther for us to travel towards and it was all about the distance. The were a suitable community to provide care that we needed. The woman who gave us the tour was very nice.

Athena Acosta

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to tour our community! We understand travel time is an important factor to families. If you live closer to the west side of town, we encourage you to visit our sister community Brookdale Canopy Oaks. Again, thank you for taking the time to review our community.

It is the perfect place for my mother-in-law. We are trying to get her in this weekend. I liked the friendly staff, the food is good. She even said so. And I do believe that she will work well there and come out of the depression and loneliness she is in.

Athena Acosta

Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear you are pleased with our staff and food! We take great pride in our staff and dining services. Our goal is to make sure your mother-in-law is comfortable and enjoys her new home. We appreciate you taking the time to write such kind words about our community.

We enjoyed our tour!

I toured this community with a long time friend. We were greeted with a smile and instantly loved it! Although my friend is not ready to move in a facility yet, this is the one she chooses. I have talked to a lot of facilities, but we think this is the place for her. We met the kitchen manager, the activities girl, and some aides. They were all very nice and took the time to say hello. When she is ready to move, she will move there.

Athena Acosta

Thank you for your review! I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit! It is important for our visitors to meet the amazing people working in our community who will be taking care of their loved ones. When the time comes for your friend to make the move, we will be happy to help her make the transition as smooth as possible.
Again, we appreciate your kind words.
Athena Acosta

I would not recommend this community!!

I was happy with this community in the beginning. We had an issue with the community placing my dad in a mental institution without notifying us. It took us 4 days to find out. Dad liked the food and it looked alright. They do not seem to follow through on the activities posted on the bulletin board. The common areas were clean, however his room was not.

Athena Acosta

Thank you for your review. The care, safety, and well-being of our residents is of the utmost importance to us. We would appreciate the opportunity to speak to you directly about your concerns. Please call the community at [removed] and ask for Executive Director Ken Ragan or kindly provide contact information for us to reach you.

Review of Brookdale Paddock Hills - Ocala, FL

Our grandpa is a patient here and it is a great place. We like to visit there because everybody is super nice and they have good ice cream. We pray for all the residents every day.

Lexi & Gianna,
Thank you, ladies, for such kind words! We are always happy to see your smiling faces in our community and even happier to know that you enjoy our ice cream! Having your youthful energy in our community is just what the doctor ordered. We appreciate you letting us that you like coming to visit. Thanks again, ladies!

Very caring place.

Hi!
We appreciate your kind words about our community. Our goal is to give our residents the upmost care and respect they deserve. We strive to develop personalized and caring relationships with our residents & their families. Thank you for making Brookdale Paddock Hills your chosen community for the perfect senior living solution.

Review of Brookdale Paddock Hills - Ocala, FL

My husband is in Memory Care and I am very pleased with his care. The staff is all so nice and wonderful.

Carol,
Thank you! Brookdale Paddock Hills takes great pride in the care we give to our residents. We are very happy to hear that we are able to successfully meet his needs and exceed your expectations! Thank you for making Brookdale Paddock Hills your preferred senior living solution for your husband!

Review of Brookdale Paddock Hills - Ocala, FL

Brookdale Paddock Hills is such a wonderful facility. My father is in Memory Care and the staff is wonderful! Everyone is nice, caring, and understanding, including the front reception, cleaning crew, Director and Activities crew. Thank you for all you do!

JoAnn,
Thank you for such a rave review! Our Clare Bridge is the perfect community for our memory care residents to get the personalized solutions they need. We take pride in our residents, our community, and our staff. Brookdale is pleased that you have chosen Paddock Hills as your preferred senior living solution!

The staff are very nice, from the front desk all the way through the facility... all parts. And they always try to do better.. Mrs. Athens and Mr. Ken were very nice.

Kenny,
Thank you for such praise! We pride ourselves with a family like atmosphere and great food to match. Our residents and family members are what makes our community a fantastic one to live in. We will continue to give your loved one the upmost care. We appreciate you making Brookdale Paddock Hills your chosen solution to your senior care needs.

After looking at approx 5 or more we chose this one - the people we spoke with, supervision, and layout suited us.

Eugene,
Thank you for choosing our community! We are pleased to hear that we were your choice to a senior living solution over the other communities. You are definitely a joy to have in our community. Thank you so much for your kind words!

Review of Brookdale Paddock Hills - Ocala, FL

I'm very happy with the care given to my father.

Athena Acosta

We are very pleased to hear that you are happy with the care given to your father! Our goal is to provide a personal, customized solution to meet his needs. We thank you for making Brookdale Paddock Hills the perfect senior living solution for your father.

Love this place
Everyone so nice
Great food

Donna,
Thank you for your kind words! Our residents and their families are what makes our community great. I am happy to hear that you and your loved one enjoy our dining experience. Our Director of Dining Services, Marie, takes great pride in her job.
Thank you for making Brookdale Paddock Hills the perfect senior living solution for your loved one!

Friendly, caring staff

We're very pleased with how things have gone at Brookdale Paddock Hills! It's a clean well kept community, and the staff is friendly and professional. Everyone really goes out of their way to make sure that my loved one is comfortable and happy, and I really appreciate it!

Athena Acosta

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding our community! We take pride in our community, in the care we provide, and treat our residents like family. I am elated to hear your satisfaction. Thank you!

So far so good. The people are good.

So far so good. The people are good. The building still needs updating, but that's a work in progress. The food has been fine, my loved one is a picky eater, and they have made sure that she eats. We would like to see a little more communication with the family, especially when it comes to medical care. We are still working it out and getting to know each other, and I am confident that things will work out. I give them between a high three and a low four.

[removed]
Good people. Doing good work. Facility needs repairs. Plans in place.
Overall good experience during a very tough time for our family.

Athena Acosta

Thank you for your kind words. Our staff is dedicated to the care of our residents. I am happy to hear that during your tough times, we were here to help you and your family. As far as repairs are concerned, we have begun our improvements. Our brand new furniture for Clare Bridge has arrived!

Seemed like a nice place, not the best fit for us

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. Brookdale Paddock Hills seemed like a nice enough place, overall. The staff that I met on the tour were friendly, and the facility looked well kept and clean. However, I don't think this would have been the best fit for my loved one. This community seemed more focused on memory care, and my loved one would only have been here for a short rehab stay.

The staff is wonderful..

The staff is wonderful. My aunt says the food is wonderful. We're very happy that she's there. The residents seem happy. I just really hope they get Sarah back as activities director. Sarah Williams was just tremendous. I know she works night and day on these things. She is just awesome. My overall rating of the Brookdale Paddock Hills. It is a very nice and clean facility. The people are very friendly.

Athena Acosta

Thank you for your kind words! Our staff is dedicated to giving our residents the best care available. Along with focusing on resident care needs, our dining experience is outstanding! We provide restaurant style dining with excellent dining choices.
While Sarah Williams has moved on, we have an outstanding Resident Programs Manager, Lynn, who has been with Brookdale Paddock Hills for years. She knows our residents very well and has been able to keep them quite entertained!

Helpful Staff and Clean Facility

The staff at the Brookdale Paddock is great and they take good care of my wife. We've had some issues, but we are working them out. Overall, I would recommmend this place to others, and mainly because the staff is so very helpful and the facility is very clean.

Excellent

The food is excellent & the dining rm. gives the residents the feel of going out to dinner. There are many fun activities. The staff are all friendly and helpful. It is kept clean and up to date. They will accommodate all requests if reasonable. An excellent ALF.

Athena Acosta

Thank you Donna! Our dining experience is one of our most prized qualities about Brookdale Paddock Hills! Our Dining Services Director, Marie, has been with us for over 16 years and does a phenomenal job keeping our residents happy. We are pleased to hear you are quite satisfied with our activites. Our Resident Programming Manager, Lynn, works diligently to keep things fresh and new.
Yes, Donna, you are correct. We will accomodate all resasonable requests. After all, Brookdale Paddock Hills has the best residents in the world. We want to keep them happy!

The staff are very friendly and helpful. Have talked with other residents and their families and all had good things to say. They treat their residents with respect and kindness. All have a smile on their faces. The dining room looks elegant and the food is good. So far we are very happy with our choice for our Dad.

Highly Recommend

I found Emeritus East to be a good match for my 89 yr old mother with dementia. The entire staff is very helpful and supportive of my mother. She is know by her first name and enjoys the friendship displayed by all. The food is excellent and the only thing my mother complains about is that she receives too much food. Of course, anything that is placed in front of her she will eat. Old habits never seem to go away. I gave it 3.5 stars for activities since I have asked, on many occasions, for Emeritus East to form a walking club which my mother loves to do. With or without a club, she will walk. If you are thinking about an ALF for a love one, I would certainly recommend that you make an appointment and visit the facility.

Very nice community

Things have gone very well for my loved on at Emeritus at Ocala! She was very anxious about moving, but within a few days she had nothing but good things to say about her new home, and how much she was enjoying herself! I also like that since they are a large chain there is a location near me that we can transfer her to, if we ever need her closer to family.

Great for very social people.

You do have to stay on top of them a little to make sure some stuff gets done. I think that is typical of any of these communities. If your family member has a lot of social skills and is in the assisted living space, it's the perfect place. They have lot's of social opportunities, and activities. If your loved one is a little bit shy, it might not be right for them, the staff encourages residents to participate but there is only so much that they can do.

This is a wonderful place. My loved one enjoys all of the activities.

This is a wonderful place. My loved one enjoys all of the activities. Most of all, the food is great! The staff is always smiling and helpful. It is a good place we are happy with it.

Great Attention to Detail

I like the safety, the cleanliness, the smell and all of that. I like the nursing staff, the ones who give them meds. I like the attentiveness to detail with the medicine. I really like the friendliness of the staff and the responsiveness. They know who I am! When I call they recognize my voice, and I really appreciate that. They are a little smaller community, and it is working out well.

Water Damage

There was water damage here and when we asked about the humidity the man giving us the tour said we must be feeling it from outside. Part of the ceiling had collapsed in the memory care unit. We asked to see one of the resident's room and he said we can't do that. He showed us a transition room and we thought was nice. We liked it because the cost was in our budget but the whole thing with the moisture was unsettling. If he had just taken responsibility instead of saying we must be feeling it from outside I may have felt different.

We saw the memory care and it was dark. This woman approached him and she grabbed him like she was scared. I don't know what stage of Alzheimer's she had or if she was just scared. It was a bit uncomfortable for me.

I liked the set up of the memory care. They had it set up to draw attention to memories with old popcorn machines and things.

care seems good but the lack of actua...

care seems good but the lack of actual activities is worring

Very nice leaning towards t...

Very nice leaning towards this one

Great all around

I have been very impressed wuite frankly, the staff is great, my mother loves them, they're very accomodating, helpful for her and they're just very pleasant people. I have been very satisified and I can't say anything negative about them. The only negetive thing I could think of, and it's partly my fault, is I'm not doing the prescirption pharmacy they prefer because I can get them much cheaper through Rx outreach. I don't think Diance really likes it because it's a little more work for her and sometimes I need to remidn them about the doctor writing prescriptions.
The food is good, the place is clean, there's no untowards smells and from what I've seen of the interactions all of the residents are very comfrotable and I've been very pleased.

One Level

Compared to other communities that I looked at this one had a more clinical setting and felt like it was for assisted living. It is all one level so it is easy to get around. The staff was very friendly and maintained the community really clean. It is a very nice community and was number 2 on our list.

We offer a home, family-like setting and cheerful smiles from our professional staff who greet you every day. Our caring staff offers the assistance you need while respecting your independence.

Our peaceful setting, restaurant style dining experience, activities and beautiful setting combine to create a wonderful living environment every day. Our genuine caring staff, home style meals, daily activities add to our residents' experience. They will tell you they appreciate all the options while living at a Brookdale Senior Living community.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.

Amenities and Services
• Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
• Medication management
• Dining assistance and special diets
• Assistance with reminders and redirection
• Escorts and assistance with walking
• Emergency response call system