Brookdale Lewiston - Lewiston, ID

Brookdale Lewiston - Lewiston, ID has yet not published prices.

Not Happy With The Visiting Doctor

Everything is wonderful for my mom and she has tried a few activities. She is waiting for instructions on how to play some other games that was at a different place. The meals taste bland and some of the meals have tough meat and tough veggies, she is having an issue with that. They told us they have a doctor that comes to the facility, which is the main reason we picked them. We made an appointment and the doctor did not show up. I am not happy about that because we made a trip to the community and we need her to get set up for homecare.

My husband good care

We like the care from this community. It has been an adjustment. The staff is caring and they do communite with me often. The menu is appealing and they have a good variety and nice desserts. I am happy knowing that he is active with the other residents. We have recommended this community for the care of a loved one.

Respite Care Weekend

My mother had already determined that she was going to hate this experience right off the bat.
But after spending a long weekend for respite care she had only wonderful things to say concerning the staff, the food, the activities and her room.
[Removed] made the whole experience comforting and enjoyable for us and our mom. I can't thank her enough for all of her hard work on our behalf. She made a difficult situation pleasant.

We are very happy with Brookdale Lewiston!

The staff at this community are very happy, friendly and wonderful. They offer a lot of activities and mom is starting to enjoy participating in them. I have tried the food and I think it is good. They have a good chef and good food choices. The community is clean and well maintained. I would recommend this community.

Comfort For Mom!

My mother is doing fine since she made the move to the Brookdale Lewiston. The place is clean but could use some improvement every once in a while. On thanksgiving, we went to the community and ate with her and the food was good. They have a variety of activities available for her to partake in when she is comfortable.

A great place

My friend is getting great care from the great staff here. They are very caring. The community is very nice and clean. She is offered the activities to enjoy. We would recommend the excellent care that is given here and the value for others.

False Advertising

The ad for Brookdale Lewiston states that the dining room is an "elegant restaurant-style" dining room. That is not true. The dining room is just a large, plain room with nothing elegant about it except the chandelier in the front portion of the room.

Then the ad talks about the "gourmet" meals. Wait a minute. That's going a little bit too far. In a year-and-a-half, the only meals I would label "gourmet" meals were two special buffets where the public was invited. Other times food is not "done", or cold; the meat too tough to cut; sometimes a poor selection of foods to choose from.

Another false statement in their ad says "residents love our home-cooked meals". Nothing could be further from the truth! One can hear complaints all around them at nearly every meal.

And "decadent" desserts? How can they make that claim when the cookies are half burnt, or too hard to bite? Cinnamon rolls, too, are so hard they must be "dunked" into the coffee cups to be edible. Cake is often dry with no frosting.

That advertisement is definitely false advertising!

VERY NICE PLACE

The people that work there are all very good to the elderly clients It is a very nice place. i feel the nurses that give out the medicine should be a little more careful about what they give the clients. We ask that my sister stop taking a certain medication and they kept giving it to her anyway. Other than that it was very nice and so were the workers.

More staff needed

The facility is okay the exception of a couple of things. They are short staffed at times and the food could use improvement. The staff that is there is very friendly, but overworked. They could use some more help.

undergoing remodeling

Emeritus at Juniper Meadow is currently undergoing remodeling right now which is why I rated the cleanliness a little lower. I have no complaints about this facility right now. It has been an overall good experience here.

We Couldn't Have Asked For More!

We moved our parents into Juniper Meadows from their home of 52 years. The Marketing Director and Administrator were so helpful and accomodating (my dad has only 10% of his vision left). They gave us an abundance of information and introduced us to all the care staff. We felt welcomed and comfortable. After touring the other facilities in the area, Juniper Meadows, hands down was the best place for our folks. They have been there several months and could not be happier. The staff is like a second family and they take exceptional care of them. My mother is a picky eater and has gained 5 much needed pounds since moving in due to the quality of the food. Their apartment is ALWAYS clean and tidy and we have had no complaints about their medications being given at the appropriate time. Our family would highly recommend this wonderful community to anyone looking for assisted living for their loved one. Thank you Juniper Meadows for all you do - we appreciate YOU!

I think they need to improve on their communication with the amount of money you pay every month, like any extra help needed they will charge you for it.

Friendly, accommodating staff

Overall our experience here has been a good one. My loved one is having a little trouble settling in, but the staff here are wonderful and are doing their best to make him feel safe and at home. They've been very accommodating in terms of helping us get our loved one comfortable here, although it has been a difficult process. I would definitely recommend them as being worth a look for people searching in the area!

We haven't had any major complaints so far.

So far the manager has been great to work with. Things are going smoothly as far as getting transitioned and settled in. We haven't had any major complaints so far. Everything is clean and the staff has been friendly.

I've working nursing homes and assisted-care facilities for much of my life. Never have I seen a place like this. I don't know what this "24-awake staff" is about--EMS is there at least twice a day to take someone to the hospital. Recently it was a very old person who'd fallen and wasn't found until he'd been lying on the floor for five or six hours. I wouldn't trust these people to take care of a hamster.

The food is the main problem.

The food has had some ongoing issues, especially in the beginning. They run out of food, if you don't get right down there, they just don't have enough of the main entree. If they run out of the main entree, they will offer peanut butter and jelly or something similar. They serve a lot of pork. The food is a two. The dining area seems to be understaffed, I it's a staffing problem. It's not all bad, but it's the biggest issue. There are some real friendly staff there, and some aren't quite so friendly. I have heard that the place has changed ownership. The grounds need some work. We chose it because the front staff, and the director, were so overwhelmingly friendly, but once we were in we didn't really see them again.

In our experience, the staff was extr...

In our experience, the staff was extremely helpful, friendly, and accommodating when we were "shopping around" for a place for my mother, an Alzheimer's patient, who is still "high functioning". I voiced my concerns about placing Mom in a facility that was not specifically set up to deal with AD patients. The marketing rep and nurse visited my mother in her home and assessed that she would indeed fit in at their facility. After we moved Mom, it quickly became apparent that this was not a good fit. In fact Mom became a "wanderer" which she had not done before. They tried various solutions, some of which actually made her behavior worse. Ultimately they told us Mom could not stay there. At this time, staff became significantly less responsive and helpful. The most heart wrenching event was their transfer of Mom to the second facility we selected - they sent her on their bus alone with just the driver - pretty traumatic for Mom because she did not know the person driving her, nor did she have any idea where they were taking her. She was pretty shook up when the new facility received her. I live out of state and this all happened before I could get to Mom's location. In spite of the disappointments we experienced with the management level personnel, Mom continued to receive loving care from the aids who are on the front line working with the clients. We have only the highest praise for those folks. In the "friendliness" and "care" categories, we would rate at both ends of the chart, low for management and the the best for the staff that was hands on care giving with the residents.

Sam Pollock

Thank you for your review. Wandering is a common side effect of a resident with Alzheimer’s, especially when they have moved into a new living space. Wandering is not a problem for us or the resident until it begins to affect their safety as well as those around them. Our community is entirely Assisted Living, and as such we can accommodate high-functioning Alzheimer’s residents; once the wandering becomes a threat to safety, we unfortunately can no longer accommodate that resident. We are troubled by your comments regarding the care you feel your mother received as we have no records of any of our resident’s being transported alone, nor would we ever transport a resident to a new community by themselves. We invite you to reach out to our community management team to address the concerns you have regarding your experience. We very much appreciate your kind words about our staff.

...don’t place them here!

If you have someone with Alzheimer’s Disease or dementia don’t place them here! There is no outside access. They move them in like cattle, lots of different rooms ... they move them at their convenience. When my dad tried to go outside, they kicked us out.

David Virden

We apologize that that your experience was less than what you expected. We are pleased to announce that we have added a new outside area for our residents to enjoy, fully fenced in and complete with raised beds for gardening.
Juniper Meadows does not have a memory care unit, so we generally do not accept residents with Alzheimer’s Disease or other forms of dementia. We are sorry that your loved one was unable to stay with us. We often must reevaluate the safety of all of our residents, and sometimes it is deemed that a resident is no longer safe in our community. In these cases, while it saddens us to do so, we must consider the safety of our other seniors and ask a resident to leave. If you have any further concerns regarding your experience, please do not hesitate to contact our Ethics First program at [removed]

Brookdale Lewiston offers assisted living services to seniors in the Nez Perce County, Idaho area. Lewiston is known for its scenic beauty and moderate climate. Lewiston is also famous for the annual Lewiston Round Up Rodeo, which is a great fall favorite activity for some of our residents. We enjoy taking our residents to other area activities including museums and drives in the country, particularly when the area dogwood trees are in bloom.

Our elegant restaurant-style dining room provides gourmet meals and a fun social atmosphere. Residents love our home-cooked meals, which include: entrees such as fried chicken, BBQ braised beef and a choice of multiple sides, and our decadent desserts, which include favorites like Black Forest Cake and Blueberry Cobbler, and a low sugar and fresh fruit option.

We enjoy a lively activity schedule which includes resident favorites like:

Cribbage and blackjack tournaments
Daily exercise program
Arts and crafts
Live entertainment
Bible study
Health talks and educational lectures
Men's group
Holiday celebrations including a Cinco de Mayo party and Mother's Day tea

At Brookdale Lewiston, we provide assistance when needed yet also promote independence and dignity. Our caring staff is happy to assist with grooming or hygiene needs, medication management, chronic condition monitoring and mobility assistance.