Atria Park of Lake Forest - Sanford, FL

This is a wonderful community although it is quite a tall building for the area. They have a memory care unit as well as many other amenities. They offer physical therapy on site. The grounds are lovely and they have areas where residents may have a small garden plot. It is on a busy highway but set back a bit. Very convenient to I-4. No walking or scooter to the stores, but they provide some transportation. When Hurricane Irma came through they evacuated to the Disney resort and thus doubled the folks providing support, activities, and care for residents. Kind of expensive, but very new nice facility.

Not for Loved Ones with Dementia

In [date removed], Atria changed direction. It no longer allows “aging in place.” It says it is due to state law, but directors of other Assisted Living homes believe the cited law only applies to residents who need IV, etc. My 95-year-old dad is the 6th or 7th resident asked to leave his floor in the past few months because he is no longer able to stand on his own. Anyone with any form of dementia will regress to the point he or she cannot stand alone. Atria’s new administration shows little care or compassion for the heartache this causes families or the hardship it causes residents, giving them just 45 days to relocate. Ironically, my mom moved to Atria in late December while the former administration was still in place. Atria in late 2017 welcomed her warmly, saying they completely believed in “aging in place.” In an intensely bittersweet way, she died within two weeks after moving, or she, too, would be facing the trauma of yet another move. Bottom line: if your loved one has any type of progressive disease, you need to look elsewhere.

I did the tour and this place is beautiful!! It's well above our price range but if money wasn't a factor I would love for my grandparents to stay here.

[Removed] was great in providing specifics and answering questions. The facility is beautiful and has everything that is needed for an individual.

Activities are Amazing

My sister likes the staff at Atria Park of Lake Forest. I think they are wonderful. She is doing fine and everything also has been fine. She like the activities and they have a
full scale of them every month.

Friendly Tour

This is a pretty nice community, and my tour of it went well. It was a nice experience. The community was nice, and clean from what I was shown. The staff I met was kind, and friendly. Everything went well, and this is a nice community with kind people.

Bigger Community

Atria Park of Lake Forest Village was a good tour. The staff was very welcoming and friendly. They answered all of our questions that we had and explained the care we would be receiving and what they offered. We chose another community that was smaller and had a more intimate feeling to it.

Care and Comfort

We have been very happy with the care that we have gotten from the great staff at this community. We like knowing that the community is clean with a nice environment. The menu is very good and a lot of choices. They offer a lot of activities to help the residents stay active. We would recommend the care and the value of this community to other families.

Be an advocate

Both of my parents lived here. My mother for five years and my father for eleven years. Dining room staff was my favorite. Very nice and accommodating. Nursing staff was just okay. Resident doctor was just okay. Business office personnel was excellent. The new director is excellent. Very kind and caring. Be an advocate for your loved one. Constantly check the room. Check for rashes, bruises and unexplained bandages. This is a general statement. Make sure the nurses where gloves all the time! Food improved over time.

Dad really liked this community. We all did (my two brothers were with us). Lunch was delicious. They didn't have availability for the unit he liked, but it may work out so that Dad has time to go back to NC and clear out his apartment and get used to the idea. No formal committments were made, but there may be hope.

I Liked This Lovely Community

l really loved this community when I had my tours. My in-laws were in a two bedroom, and the facility could only provide a one bedroom apartment. That, and the fact that my in-laws preferred a facility with fewer residents, are the only reasons we didn't choose this place. :-(

They are working on their communication.

My only concern with this community is the lack of proper communication with some of the nursing staff. The assist executive director is great. The staff are nice and check in on my loved ones. The food is good and the community is well maintained. They offer a shuttle to take you out. My loved ones love it here.

Changing

Since Atria was purchased, it appears the residents are funding the acquisition. This year's $5,000-$6,000+ increase should be built each year's budget for those with a limited amount of retirement income. If the residents received better care justifying the increase, perhaps it might be worth it. We initially placed our parent with Atria and were very satisfied but are becoming much less so. While Atria may be better than many in the area, that is a low bar. Take your time and walk around the entire property, is everything up to date? Do the residents seem ok? If so, god bless.

Kate Vance

Thank you for being a part of the Atria family. I appreciate sharing your feedback with us. I encourage you to connect with your Executive Director to discuss any pricing concerns specific to your community.

Family Care

This is a outstanding community. The staff gives the kind of care to everyone like they are actual family members. The community is very clean. Everything that is served is outstanding. They offer her alot of great activities to choose from to help her stay active. I highly recommend this warm and friending community to others.

Lovely facility. Care staff very friendly and helpful.

I liked this community!!

This community was my first choice. This community is larger than the one that dad chose. The caregivers were nice and the food is good. They offer daily activities. This community seemed clean.

Always interested in client's needs.

The change in management last year and interactions with all levels of staff since then have been wonderful. The care and interest for my fathers daily needs has been wonderful.

Atira Park has a lot to offer.

We have had a very positive experience with Atria Park. They have a lot to offer. My Grandmother is still adjusting but is doing well and she has made some friends. They do a lot of activities to keep the residents busy. The food is good. The people there are very friendly and nice, the staff and the other residents. The only drawback is that they could use some more parking spaces for visitors. When the lot is full visitors then have to park in the dirt lot.

Katy Miller

Your feedback is valuable to us and helps us improve your experience, so thank you for bringing this to my attention. I will share this with our community and please, if you’d like to share more, feel free to reach me directly at [removed].

A perfect fit

Atria at Lake Forest has been an excellent choice for our family! My parents moved here a year ago and our experience has been so much more wonderful than we could have anticipated. We were initially impressed by the pleasant setting, the comfortable apartment, regular housekeeping and laundry service, the delicious food and the variety of interesting activities. As we got to know the care-giving staff, we found them to be friendly and cooperative. It was comforting to me to know that their new Primary Care Physician would be on site weekly, that the Atria staff would handle the medication refills and that transportation was provided. Mom loves riding in the Cadillac!

Soon, my parents’ health issues led to greater needs and the Atria staff competently and compassionately helped us navigate the need for increased personal care, physical therapy and occupational therapy services in the Atria gym, meal service in the apartment, supervision of personal care, and transport of a wheelchair bound parent to the dining room and activities. When it was time for hospice care, it occurred right in their apartment and Mom was able to be by Dad’s side in his last days. It gives me such peace of mind to know that someone is checking regularly and is ready to alert me and call an ambulance if necessary when issues arise.

My parents and I have made many friends among the residents and staff at Atria and find it to be a thoroughly enjoyable place to live. Occasionally issues have arisen but they are promptly and graciously attended to. I have never felt reluctant to ask a question or voice a concern and am pleased to say that this has not happened often. I have found the Atria staff genuinely care about the residents and family members like me. There have been many times when staff members from the administration, nurses, medication techs, personal care, food service and activities team have gone far beyond the service that I would have expected. I am grateful for their attention to detail and willingness to give so much.

Love this Place

My grandparents have been residents at Atria Park at Lake Forest for the past 5 months and Absolutely Love It. They were initially reluctant to move but as they are in their early 90's and late 80's respectfully, we could no longer leave them on their own in good conscience. They assumed that Assisted Living Facilities were just a fancy name for nursing homes, but after they took a tour, saw all of the daily activities and realized that they would have their own apartment they quickly changed their mind. Sarah and the team really helped to put my grandmother at ease by talking to her and easing her apprehension.

The food is fantastic and they can order anything they would like to eat. The facility is Clean, Welcoming and feels like Home. My family has found the staff and management at all levels to be extremely accommodating and always available on the phone or in person.

Compared to others ALF's in the area, Atria Park was the best value and the most comfortable facility. My grandparents like Atria Park so much and it is fun to see them laugh and joke with the staff, which is something that they had not been able to do prior as they were home bound. This move has not only been a great experience for my grandparents but also for our entire family.

So far so good!

Our experience with Atria at Lake Forest has been a very good one, overall! All of the staff I've worked with have been friendly and professional, the facility is clean and well kept, and they seem to take great care of the residents. I'd give them high marks across the board!

Just so you know

My mother has been living in the Safe Haven, one of three units in the Memory Care division for a little while now. The CARE STAFF is the only thing that I can rate 5 stars (Evelyne, Ana, Katlyn and Ednie KUDOS TO YOU LADIES, THANKYOU FOR MAKING MY MOTHER APART OF YOUR FAMILY!)
My mother currently pays a whopping $5300 with a scheduled rate increase of $1000 at the beginning of the 2016 year. I often get charged a great deal of money every month for wipes and depends. There is absolutely no way that my mother is going through 10+ packs of depends and 13+ packs of wipes EVERY MONTH. Neither of the two ladies in charge are pleasant nor can directly answer Any of your concerns.... And that's when you can find them. I had came in one day not too long ago to sign an assessment and after waiting over 45 mins to speak with the LG Director, I stepped out to make a phone call and there she sat, smoking a cigarette as usual leaving me to wait. Very unprofessional. I have recently noticed a decline in the amount of residents and I can honestly understand why. I've never seen any one in upper managemt take the time to sit and chat with a resident, breaks my heart. You should never be too busy for a resident. I've just never had a pleasant experience with either of the two, so excuse me for being biased. The only thing that is ever served for dinner is CHICKEN or PORK. I now take my mother out to eat twice a week just so she can have a taste of something different! The only activities they offer is a teenaged girl reading facts of the 50s or on her cellphone shaking a tamborine. I have seen ROACHES in the common area, and BM on the floor of the public restrooms. Not to long ago I found two pills on the floor of my mother's apartment which I brought to the RSS (office in the HAVEN) she must've assumed I wasn't still standing there since she had the AUDACITY to just toss them in the trash. Yes, tossed them in the trash...! Please, don't wait until its too late. Explore other options. I regret having my mother here for this long. But, 2016 is soon and she will be out.

Katy Miller

Hi, Naomi. Your comments are concerning to us and we’d like to address them quickly and directly. Please reach us at [removed].

Five stars

It's a little early. He really likes it and has a one bedroom apartment. He gets three meals a day and says the food is delicious. The caregivers are excellent and he really likes the place a lot so far.

BEWARE OF MANAGMENT

Let me just start by saying that your family member will be getting 5 STAR care. The care staff in the Memory Care Unit is a superb group of people. As far as the management goes, do not expect too much from them. The Director of LG is very UNPROFESSIONAL (please stay far away from this place, DO NOT waste your money on arrogance!) She is often very unpleasant and will tell you anything you want to hear in the exact moment just to get you out of her way. Ive never seen her with a smile! Never seen her interact with any of the residents (and I am there daily)

Kate Vance

We take the service and hospitality we provide to our residents and their families very seriously. We appreciate your valuable feedback and we have shared your concerns with the appropriate leadership. We invite you to reach us directly at [removed] at any time to discuss further.

BEWARE

Beware - your loved one could be kicked out for exhibiting typical Alzheimers behavior, and you will lose your exorbitant move in fee

Katy Miller

Hi, Bonny. You’re comments are concerning to us – we’d like to hear more about your experiences so we can help. Please reach out to us at [removed].

really nice facility

Atria at Lake Forest was a really nice facility. Sarah was a big help to us. I wish we could have gotten dad there in time to get acclimated. He passed away before we could move him in. From what I could tell everything at this facility would have been really nice.

I have been very pleased with them.

I have been very pleased with them. I have been very pleased with their introductory program. They had ambassadors for the first week. They continue to encourage her for activities. They are so encouraging anytime I go in. They have meetings to address questions, with staff, residents, and family. The residents have been extremely nice to my mom. The food has been excellent, they have a wide variety with menus on the table, and grill you can order from. Even the waitstaff have been really good, and attentive. The room gets taken care of twice a week. The medication management seems to be smooth, and they are communicative. They are very quick to respond to a button, and again very communicative. One of the best things was having the option of a one bedroom apartment, not just a studio, so she doesn't feel like she is in a care facility. It's very bright and they have a courtyard. The third floor has a higher level of care. They have beautiful sitting rooms at the end of each hall, so there is a nice place to socialize. They have a happy hour, and a karaoke singer.

Wonderful place!

We're very pleased with how things have gone with Atria at Lake Forest! It is less expensive than many of the communities we saw in the area, and they provide a high level of quality and service! The apartments are a nice size, and have bedroom/kitchen combo with a separate bedroom. The food here is outstanding, and the portions are large. The staff are all very friendly and personable, and keep the place looking clean and well kept. They've got a good variety of activities and services, in addition to providing transportation services. We really couldn't ask for more, it's a wonderful place!

I loved the fact that they divided up the memory care residents by levels of dementia. It seems their needs would be met better that way. Facility is nice. Only drawback is that the patient to staff ratio is 1:10 in the early section and only 1:8 in both of the other sections.

Solid, consistent performance!

Mom has been at Atria Lake Forest for over two years and feels most welcome and comfortable at this ALF. The staff are very professional and kind. Solid, consistent performance, Overall, many thumbs up!

Highly recommend

Mom has four kids. One nearby, the others in Alaska, Vermont, Oregon. Although Mom has only been at Atria a couple of months, each of us (long distance kids) have been able to visit twice. Any one of us can come in the front door and be greeted by name. ....and we find this level of friendly personalization and care carries through the entire community....from dining staff to maint.

Phone calls are returned promptly from nursing staff, and FYI calls are caring and professional.

Highly recommend.

It was an excellent community.

It was an excellent community. We went to visit it in the fall and they had a beautiful facility. They appeared to have wonderful help. The good thing was that there were several activities available that my father could identify with and be active with the community.

Really happy with the facility and the people working there. In addition, they use and believe in the Best Friends approach.

WATCH OUT

MY parents are there but they go up on the fees all the time . Just received a notice that they are going to charge over 1000 to administer meds and personal care claiming that we have not been charged in the past when the contract states that our fees include 200 towards meds.

Need more activities that might be of interest to residents. Food needs to be more palatable - forget trying to be elegant most of that generation does not care for.

They also will not return phone calls

Kate Vance

At Atria, we want to create a one of a kind experience for our residents by doing things the right way, and that means cutting corners isn’t an option. This commitment to you and all of our customers is why rate adjustments are necessary. We work hard to be unlike any other senior living company, and that’s why we also look for opportunities to improve when we can and continue enhancing your experience. Please reach out via [removed] so we may connect with you personally to hear your suggestions. Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention, we are here to help!

Nice place, overall. A few things to improve on.

Overall things have gone well with Atria at Lake Forest, although there are a few areas I think they could improve on. The staff are a very friendly and professional, and seem to do a great job looking out for the people who live here. However, I do wish they would be a bit more communicative when it comes to the day to day care my loved one is receiving. I also think they could stand to do housekeeping for the individual rooms more often, they currently only do it once a week.

This was a community that came highly recommended to me.

This was a community that came highly recommended to me. It just wasn't in a great location for us, visiting would have been very difficult. It seems to be very close to the quality of the place that we chose, and was very highly recommended to us.

Review of Atria at Lake Forest Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Sanford, FL

Nice, but no stove, kind of small....lots of things to do

A+ for Atria

After being discouraged with sub par health care, it is wonderful to finally find a place with a wonderful staff that is caring and trustworthy. They are organized and have a professional team of doctors that are available. The food and activities are plentiful. I would definitely recommend Atria!

Very nice facility. Pricy b...

Very nice facility. Pricy but worth it I think. Too far away for dad.

Not Secure

It was getting to expensive and it took them months to take care of my loved one's concerns. It wasn’t secure and it was close to a six lane highway. They were nice people. I really loved a couple of their nurses. I don’t think their food was good there.

Kate Vance

Thank you for sharing your experience. We would like to connect with you to get a better understanding of your concern for security as that is of utmost importance to us. Please contact us directly at [removed], including “Atria Lake Forest” in your subject line so that we can quickly include the appropriate directors in the correspondence. We are here to help so please do not hesitate to reach out if we can be of further service to you and your family.

Great Staff

The staff was their strongest point. I thought they were a little bit pricey. My loved one didn’t really participate in many of the activities. I would, overall, recommend it. The staff was very good. They have a lot of patience and they’re really good people. I had very few problems up there. One of the things I will say is that I didn’t understand that this is assisted living – not a nursing home. It’s a very nice place.

Excellent community

This is a very good community. They have a very supportive staff. They keep you informed. It’s just overall very good experience. They have excellent food . The laundry is okay. Parking can be dicey. I reviewed a lot of communities. This one had the most support for ALZ and dementia. This is perfect for her. They are very patient. With Atria you know what you’re paying for without suprise charges.

Awesome home for your loved one(s)!

We love it! Moved mom in 2 days ago, she loves it! Sarah Easterly was fantastic!!!

Tour & dinner

Tour & dinner

Sarah lovely sounds like a ...

Sarah lovely sounds like a good fit for Mom

Really like Atria and my mom is going...

Really like Atria and my mom is going to do a respite stay to get the feel of the place.

Atria Park of Lake Forest offers independent living, assisted living, and memory care services. The community is surrounded by majestic oak trees on a beautiful eight-acre campus and is just minutes from downtown Sanford, the Seminole Mall, and nearby Orlando and Mt. Dora. Our residents enjoy luxury amenities, delicious restaurant-style dining, dynamic calendars with more than 200 monthly events, and the freedom to choose which opportunities to explore next. Atria Park of Lake Forest offers many care options that can be tailored to your needs as they change. Select a senior apartment from more than 200 suites in various sizes, including studio, and one- and two-bedroom floor plans. Then, choose the level of discreet care that feels right. With Atria Park of Lake Forest, the choice is yours. Visit us today, and see what exceptional senior living is all about.