Brookdale Destin - Destin, FL

Brookdale Destin - Destin, FL has yet not published prices.

care for mom

This is a nice community with excellent staff. The community is clean and a good enviroment. We like the menu and the variety of meals. We would recommend this community to others.

This is a good fit

My mom has settled in well here in the assisted living, She likes her apt it has a screened-in patio and we have brought in some of her own furniture so it feels more like home to her. Mom enjoys going to the dining room and joining the other residents during mealtime and the food overall is pretty good. there are a lot of amenities offered here for the residents to choose from too. I would definitely recommend taking their tour and seeing this community.

Doing Great

We are doing very well here we love it. The staff is very nice here very helpful when needed. We are doing activities and social events. We have been out to lunch a number of times with the community. The community is very well maintained and clean. We love the food at the community. We would recommend them.

Location Was A Little Further Away

This community was very nice. The appearance of it was good very clean and well maintained. The staff we met were friendly very nice. As we walked around the residents that we spoke too seemed to be content and felt safe and secure here. We didn't have a meal here but from what I saw the food looked and smelled good. The location was a little further than I desired

Brookdale Destin is what an assisted living facility should be.

The facility is clean, well lit and well kept. The staff is polite, helpful and compassionate. My parents have been there for 2 months, and are very happy there. They are in the Clare Bridge wing of the building. The staff there respect the dignity of each person there, and everyone I encountered during my visit was kind and did their job well.

My thoughts

We liked this community when we visited. It seemed clean and the people we met were nice. This community allows pets and they offer some nice activities. They have some nice common areas for the residents to enjoy.

Great community!

My mother is very happy here! I don't think there is anything they could change. Their rooms are a lot larger than other communities in the area. Each apartment offers an outdoor living space too!

Staff is great, building a little dated, but they can meet the needs of their residents. Plenty of activities both in and out of the facility accommodating those who are more independent as well as those who are not. I would be perfectly happy to have my inlaws stay there. Very convenient location.

Thanks to a wonderful staff

Many thanks for the care provided my husband by the staff at Brookdale. Dementia is a heart-breaking disease. Everyone was so kind to him and to me. They gave him that personal touch which means so much when someone you love reaches the point you cannot care for them yourself.

I will always be grateful that Brookdale was the right choice for us.

It's working out pretty well so far.

It's working out pretty well so far. She hates the food, it's horrible. The other residents seem to be friendly enough. No complaints about the maintenance or the staff or anything. So far it seems to be good.

Respite Stay

My mom spent some respite time at Brookdale Destin, and it was a wonderful experience for us. We got a break and Mom had a chance to see some new faces. Brookdale Destin was very clean and well decorated. Mom was given a lovely two bedroom apartment with a screened in patio for her stay. It was all anyone could want. The staff was very friendly, and we felt very fortunate to have a place to leave Mom where we felt secure that she would be well taken care of. There are many activities to keep residents busy, if they so choose. We highly recommend this facility for your loved ones.

I went and visited it is a nice place and really everyone is happy and the director answers all your questions and is trying to help the patients feel like home. The price is really expensive though

I spoke with Rita over the phone and however awesome this facility is my parents cannot afford over $ 7000.00 a month. Rita was very helpful and understanding, even seeing what discounts she could apply.

Very nice place

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for my loved one, and this was one of the best that I saw. We were very close to placing my loved one here, and were near the top of the wait list. It was really a gorgeous facility, the care was good, and the staff were all very friendly and professional. Unfortunately it was just too far away, and eventually we decided against it as an option for our family.

Nice, but needs some interior updating

Our 90-year-old mom became a Crystal Bay resident in Nov., 2013. The facility is on the grounds of Sandestin Resort, so the entrance is gated, and very secure, Plus the grounds/amenities of the resort are top notch. The building is older, 3-stories, and has only one elevator (needs another one!). A complete face lift of the exterior is underway, that is disrupting for residents, but will be done in October, 2014, and will improve the exterior appearance greatly. However, the interior is dated, and needs to be updated, as do the kitchens and bathrooms in the apartments. Everything is clean, etc., but just old-popcorn ceilings, etc. Mom likes the food and the services provided, as well as most of the staff and activities. Overall, we, and she, feel it was a good choice, and would recommend it if you can afford it. Most of the issues we have are minor.

Their food was unbelievably good!

Their food was unbelievably good! Their menu was top notch. It's huge, it's really large and I kind of didn't like that. I felt like they could get lost. It's really beautiful. If you're social and like to be around people then you are fine over there. If you want a more intimate situation then maybe not so much.

To soon to tell

Mom does move in until 11/6, so a little soon to tell.

The interaction up to this point has been great.

The place is nice and clean, and the staff friendly and helpful.

The exterior is getting a face lift. We think the inside need it as well. Popcorn ceilings, outdated cabinets and counter tops; etcse for the common areas as well.

With over 30 years of industry experience, Brookdale is the leader of residents aging in place. Located in the Sandestin Resort, Brookdale Destin is a unique community. We are equipped to suit the needs of a wide variety of individuals. Our assisted living apartments can foster an advantageous environment for independent individuals, while our specialized care can attend to individuals with assistive needs in the comfort of their own home. We are the pioneers of aging in place. Our assisted living and memory care provide the specialty of 'aging in place,' allowing residents to comfortably transition through different stages of their lives. Our ECC license extends our level of care to almost that of a skilled nursing community and our residents can be on hospice on site.