Belvedere Commons of Fort Walton Beach - Fort Walton Beach, FL

Little Older Of A Community

We toured quite a few communities and this one seemed to be on the older side than most of the other ones we toured. It was not as inviting it could have used some updating. The staff was nice very friendly very informative on the tour We did not eat here but from what we saw the food looked good and smelled very good.

We Had A Pleasant Tour of This Community

We toured this community for my mother in law, and her needs. Everything went well, and everyone was very kind to my family, and I. The community looked good, you could tell they do a good job with the cleanliness. Our tour guide was great, and very informative. The experience went well, but this was not the facility for my mother in law, and her needs.

I feel comfortable with this community

I have tried the food and it is great. The staff have been encouraging and helpful. My mother in law has started to participate in some of the daily activities. They keep the community well maintained and they have a nice area outside to enjoy. They do her laundry and I would recommend community.

My Loved One Was Not Eligible

My son had a nice tour with this facility. They had someone visit my loved one and give an assessment of her. The next day they said they could not take her because at the time she was bed ridden.

A good tour

This community was just a little out of our price range. It is a nice community and the staff we met were nice. They have a beautician on site and it is located close to grocery stores and other community places.

A Good Fit With Good Activities

After a rough first night, my husband has settled in quite well. He has been cooperative with everyone there and friendly with the other residents. It's a tremendous relief for me. He is fitting in real good and he is happy. The community is a wonderful place and the staff are great. The activity director is wonderful and she get the residents when anything is going on.

Did not like this facility. Very messy. Smelled. Overpriced for the accommodations.

Improved Communication

As with all facilities when promises that are made, follow through is very important. Part of the condition of his residency was that transportation would be provided to visit his wife's grave site every Saturday, but when the first Saturday arrived, they said they do not provide transportation period on the weekends. It seemed like that discrepancy was kind of egregious to me.

Nice place

I've had experience with Belvedere Commons in the past with a loved one, and I'd give them top marks across the board, they handled everything as well as you could expect. The place is well kept and clean, and the staff do a good job looking out for the people who live here.

I felt this was an ok place. I did not like the fact that they discounted the need for memory care almost immediately based on my descriptions. The lady I had an appt with was late and the facility was not as inviting as I would like.

Good job

Belvedere commons is doing a good job taking care of our Mother. They are like a big family.

Good referral

Not a place you want your loved one to be!

Turned in our 30 date notice to vacate the facility within a week and a half. Food is fried or frozen, cold, and eating times are not conducive to anyone. Breakfast is at 9:00. lunch at 1;30 and supper at 5:30, however the residents are asked to get to their tables an hour prior to that. Service in the dining room is terrible, never mind they don't even fill up the condiment trays at the table. My mother never had anyone approach her about changing her sheets or wash her clothes. Getting them to empty out her commode took over 10 days before they finally got a system that wasn't at 4 or 5 am in the morning or not at all. Then we had to instruct them to WASH out the commode bucket. I could go on, however it would be more of the same I spoke to them about these issues daily. I never raised my voice even though everything I'd been told about their facility was not entirely true. Paid for the month of OCT. and will bring my mother home with me until her new place is ready.

Lori Edgerton

Dear J.Browne
Thank you for taking the time to review our community, Belvedere Commons of Fort Walton Beach, on Senior Advisor. We completely understand your frustration and want to apologize for any inconvenience you and your mother experienced during her stay in our community. We take all complaints very seriously and want to assure you that the matter is under review. Please know that we strive to provide quality care, quality food and quality customer service to all of our residents, family members and guests.

We take great pride in our vibrant community, energetic residents and outstanding life enrichment program. We are also pleased to offer a delicious variety of meal options for our residents to choose from. In addition to the scheduled meal times, we offer All Day Dining. The All Day Dining Program is a unique concept designed to provide our residents the freedom of choice. Options like breakfast for dinner or lunch at 2:00 pm rather than the regular scheduled time. This program offers the flexibility for our residents to choose what works best for them.

We appreciate your expressed opinions and would like to invite you to contact us directly to discuss your concerns in person.