Brookdale Bluewater Bay - Niceville, FL

Brookdale Bluewater Bay - Niceville, FL has yet not published prices.

A good visit

This looked like a nice community when we visited. The people we met were nice and they offer a variety of daily activities. This is a lock down community.

Add On Charges

My wife needed more care than they were able to provide. There are many add on charges, and the rates just kept getting higher and higher. It was not the place for my wife and her needs.

Caring

The attention to detail and their constant caring environment was apparent from the first time I stepped in to the way they care for mom.

Mixed experience

Our experience with Brookdale Bluewater Bay has been somewhat mixed. The facility itself is nice looking, and the staff have all been very friendly to my loved one. She also says the food is very good! However, I'm not a fan of their pricing structure and some of their care policies. They charge extra for every little service, and the bill can get quite high very quickly. I've also seen some charges on the bill for services they are not performing, which I've had to speak with them about.

A nice place

It's a nice place. People are very friendly. My mother says the food is up and down. I think they all cost a lot. The value is fair. Overall, it was a pretty good experience for my mom. They have activities here. They take them out shopping. They have games for them and people come in and play music. They do an excellent job at taking care of my mother. The Brookdale Bluewater Bay is a nice place for mom.

They were a little institutional.

They were a little more institutional than the one we chose. If you had a severe stroke then it would be a good situation, because they were very well supervised. It seemed more medical. If you do need that level of care then this would be a good location.

We are conveniently located a short distance from the white sandy beaches of Destin, just a 15-minute drive from VPS airport and near Twin Cities Hospital. Nearby attractions make exciting day excursions like visiting the Mattie Kelly Arts Center Theater, the Turkey Creek Nature Trail or the excitement of Destin’s recreations and beaches. Niceville is also a great place to take a scenic drive while visiting local parks.

We offer Personalized Assisted Living and Dementia Care options for seniors. Brookdale Bluewater Bay was designed and built to provide the comfort, beauty and privacy you’d find in your own home. The innovative design provides private apartments as well as charming, home-like community areas for socializing, dining and entertaining.

At Brookdale Bluewater Bay we partner with each resident to design an individualized, personal service plan. Our service planning process, which is unique to Brookdale Senior Living communities, bases service fees on delivering quality service and care to each individual. Our trained staff is there to assist with personal needs – bathing or showering, selection of clothing, dressing assistance, grooming, hygiene, mobility and transferring and dining assistance – 24 hours a day.

Private apartments are available in a variety of styles and sizes. Brookdale Bluewater Bay is an intimate, single story building which makes all community areas easily accessible for individuals with limited mobility. Please refer to the attached PDF for apartments specific to each need and a map of the community. Our residents enjoy an active calendar of activities, which includes outings, socials, music, crafts, etc. Our base rates include three meals a day plus snacks, weekly housekeeping and laundry as well as most utilities, as well as onsite staffing 24 hours a day. Of course, the best way to learn about our community is through a visit. I would love to schedule a time with you to show you around our community. If you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to contact me. I look forward to speaking to you soon to see how we can assist you with your senior care needs.