The Cottages at Dartmouth - Dartmouth, MA

The Cottages at Dartmouth - Dartmouth, MA has yet not published prices.

New owner as of [date removed]. RN came out to do assessment that same day. Pleasant and efficient staff. Lovely facility. One of my top picks.

Fell short of my expectations

The first impressions were great; looks clean, no smell, and told about activities. My mom was in the memory care so the doors were locked all the time. You need someone to let you in and out. There were times when I was visiting there where I couldn't find anyone around to let me out. I was also felt nickel and dimed over things. I didn't want some services but were forced to pay for them. We were encouraged to let them take care of the medication but a few times when I was there they, we were giving the wrong medication. I know it is hard to manage all of the different residents but there was a resident that constantly went into rooms taking things. The good news is the staff knew where to retrieve the stuff. Eventually we needed to lock the door when not in the room. The big disappointment is mom fell and no one was able to say what had happened. She ended up with a broken hip and they felt the risk was too much to take her back even though they provide care for people in wheel chairs. It was difficult to communicate with them during this time. Emails were not returned and their charges were automatically deducted from mom's account. After 2 months we were able to leave and have found a new place for her. She can now walk with a walker when she has too. We wish the communication was better with the front office and that they payment reduction plan when you are paying for an empty room (2 month after they refuse to take her back). At one point a relative came to visit and the caregiver unlocked the door and discovered mom was not there and didn't know why. This was a couple weeks after she had left. Maybe the communication with the staff could be better too.

Great layout and staff!

The thing that I personally love and made me think Brookdale is a good fit for my aunt is the layout of the community.They have cottages with 10-15 people per cottage. I've come to know everyone very well and know them on a first name basis.There are some amazing workers and some you can tell that are there because it's a job. [Removed] in Dogwood does an amazing job and I call her the Alzheimer's whisperer. [Removed] does a great job too! They are so kind and show so much empathy and concern. I'm always observing and watching how they treat other residents. It puts me at ease knowing they treat my aunt the same when I'm not around.

We are very happy with them so far.

We are very happy with them so far. They are very communicative. They are very nice. We don't have any major complaints.

Outstanding care for mom

I am happy with the care that my mother is getting here. I am happy knowing the staff is really good to her and assisting her with all her needs. I have had a meal with my mom and the food here is outstanding. She is very active with many of the activities that are offered. I would highly recommend the care that is given and the good value to other families.

Caring Staff and wonderful place

We couldn't have asked for a better place. We are so happy and the staff is wonderful and caring. Just a wonderful place to be.

Great staff

She is not really adjusting. They are evaluating her and changing some medicines. The staff here is great and this is no fault of theirs. Hopefully, with the new meds things will get better. The facility is great and always kept clean.

The care was excellent.

Mom especially liked the food at Emeritus, I think that meals were the high point of her day. I think she liked the Homey feel of the site, as it reminded her of her last home. I think the nice music at meals was soothing, and helped her agitation. She also liked having her nails done. I do think that it would be good to add one more aide to the floor so that there was always someone present when the residents were "watching" television. The staff was very caring and solicitious, but I think that there should be at least one more "floater" available. I was saddened to find that the original manager (?Monica?) was out due to illness and could not return... I thought that her energy and focus was fabulous and it was one of the reasons that I placed Mom at Emeritus. Unfortunately, Mom had several falls at Emeritus and she fractured both hips which necessitated placement in a nursing facility. I am dismayed that regulations prohibit safety belts both in
assisted living and nursing homes, as I think that that prohibition promotes falls, subsequent fractures and ultimately higher morbidity and mortality.

Review of Emeritus at Dartmouth Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Dartmouth, MA

Met with a representative there and had a good talk and tour but found the place was too small for our needs.

Nice place, overall!

Overall things have gone well at Emeritus at Dartmouth! The facility itself is well kept and clean, and the staff have been very friendly and helpful! Communications between the staff and the families could be improved, however. My loved one was given her medication incorrectly despite my having told another staff member the appropriate way to do it. It also took quite a while before they go around to getting her phone service set up.

The people were very helpful, during the short time we were there.

The people were very helpful, during the short time we were there. There were some things that they weren't able to accommodate for, like rails on the bed. They were good while we were there, and they called us right away when there was a fall. It just wasn't the right place for our needs.

The rooms and common areas ...

The rooms and common areas seemed small and kind of cramped. Smaller groups of people were somewhat isolated to different cottages. The staff seemed friendly but a bit unorganized. They have been calling and mailing me everyday since.

Pleased so far

We were referred to this location by another Emeritus community who did not have openings, and this one has worked out great so far. It's a nice looking place, and everyone has been very friendly. They provide the 24/7 care that we were needing, and had an immediate opening. It was a very urgent search, and I was glad to find somewhere so nice when we needed it.

A very nice community

We've used this place before on a temporary basis, and they've done a great job, When we needed a more permanent option for Mom we ended up choosing a different location. The care and staff here are great, but I thought the food left a lot to be desired, it's very institutionalized, bland and not a lot of variety. They also weren't quite as competitive with their pricing.

respite stay

My aunt spent two weeks while I was on vacation. My aunt was very well cared for, and was very happy during her stay, staff was wonderful,

Great tour at Emeritus Property

I toured Emeritus and found it to be a unique community. The cottage style set up was very different and intimate for residents that live there. Everyone seemed happy and well cared for. The landscaping was beautiful. The , patio, rocking chairs and courtyard area were all very inviting. The various apartments shown were adequate to meet the needs of my loved one. The staff were very pleasant and all smiles! From the discussion with staff we found that Emeritus had a great deal of staff longevity which we were impressed by. I always found that happy staff make happy clients.