Brookdale College Parkway - Fort Myers, FL

Brookdale College Parkway - Fort Myers, FL has yet not published prices.

We had a tour with Manager [name removed]. He was very accommodating, answered all of our questions, and showed us a lovely 1-bedroom independent living apartment. Noted that assisted living option is at a different location, "Cypress(?)" (formerly "Ameritus") [name removed] mentioed plans are in the works to build assisted living options on Brookdale property in the near future. Pet-friendly option is a plus! We will definitely consider this facility.

This is more of what we are looking for would like to see more info...floorplans...2nd person costs

Wonderful team of staff

I toured this facility when looking for a place for my Mom. It’s a wonderful place. The team that I spoke with really made me feel like my Mom would be the most important person there. They were kind of set apart from downtown, though, which is where my Mother wanted to be. The residents there looked like they might’ve needed more assistance than my Mom did as well. There were plenty of activities for them to take part in, but the highlight of the day seemed to be sitting in front of the TV. Overall, it wasn’t a bad place and I’m sure it’d be great for others but it wasn’t the right place for our needs.

The Biggest and Best Community For Her

My mother-in-law is adjusting great and doing good. She wanted to be in a big community and this had everything she wanted. If she has any issues they take care of it right away. I tried a meal which she is eating and it is good. She is getting more nutrition with fresh food and variety. They have bingo and she went to a pool party. Her room is great but the nice sun room gets a little hot. They are handling that and any issue we had in the beginning. They raised the cupboard, re-carpeted, and repainted her apartment. She only wishes they had an activity to learn new games. She is willing to teach a game that is very fun to us.

Nursing care is wonderful

The nursing care has done an excellent job at making sure my needs have been met as well as helping me organize all of my doctor appointments and transportation. The housekeeping team is always making sure my room smells fresh and that my laundry is taken care of. I overall am very pleased with my new living environment.

Everything I know about this community is top shelf!!!

The person that took us on our tour new the names of each of the residents we passed and also new some small thing about them. It was a great atmosphere and everyone we saw was smiling. The building is beautiful and looks brand new. I cannot wait to move in.

Mom is doing great

The expression is you only get one chance to make a first impression. They hit the nail on the head!
Of all the places we looked at this was the best bang for the buck.
Mom has adjusted well to her new surroundings.
Thank so much for making this decision to move mom into a assisted living a Pleasant one.

Seems like a nice place

My parents haven't been here long yet, but so far things seem to be going well. My Mom is having some trouble getting used tot he more structured environment, specific activities on specific days, etc. but they seem to be enjoying it so far! They've had good things to say about the food!

Beautiful villas with friendly staff....

Beautiful villas with friendly staff. The food is excellent and there is a vast menu of activities. The perfect place for my loved one who can live independently while the family can be secure in knowing he's being looked after.

Super Independent Living Facility in SW FL

My sister-in-law (86 years old) has been at Grand Court in Fort Myers, FL, for four-and-a-half months now and is very content there. At first, as expected, it was hard for her to give up what she'd had for 22 years on the East Coast of FL, but once getting there and adjusting, she really likes it and is very active.

Everyone there is very professional, kind and helpful.
They're in the process of putting in new windows right now which is disturbing for many of these elderly residents, but that too will pass when it's done.

They are willing to take her to her doctors' appointments which has been a big blessing for me since we live 50 minutes from the facility.

Food is very good, facility very neat, clean and cheery, apartments large and they have many many activities, parties, etc., which is terrific.

I would highly recommend GC to anyone!!!!

I've been very impressed since visiting my dad here. We had a very short period of time to find my father new housing. The services and amenities are excellent. He's only been here 3 weeks but already feels comfortable and settled in. Thank you!

Independent Living

It was nice, but pretty much all independent living. They didn't have services available and my father-in-law wasn't able enough to live there.

Misrepresented as a Retirement Community

We left, they didn't live up to their end of the deal. It is more of a assisted living, even almost to a nursing home atmosphere. It is not at all what it was projected to be. We loved the villa that we had, but you had to eat in a very crowded dining room with people that had Alzheimer's, and 70% of the population is in a walker or a scooter. It made for a very uncomfortable situation. The average age was 92 when we got there, and we are 72 and pretty active. The maintenance was not good, there were rotted boards on the back of our villa, the area by the pool was dirty and the tables were dirty. There were just a number of issues, but the no. 1 is that it is just misrepresented. Not a good fit for active people, but they advertise that it is. The food was good, the people were nice, the staff was very nice. The manager is a very nice man, and I think the misrepresentation has more to do with their corporate office.

Brookdale College Parkway provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer.

Our Optimum Life® and Celebrations programs provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life® is a journey of self-discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life® we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining, with fresh meals prepared by chefs trained in our own Culinary Arts Institute, and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program. These activities fill the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group activities highlighting different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.