Brookdale Chandler Place - Rock Hill, SC

Brookdale Chandler Place - Rock Hill, SC has yet not published prices.

EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE/HIGHLY RECOMMEND

My mother recently lost her home in the CA Camp Fire that destroyed Paradise, CA. After phoning several senior living facilities, I was connected with [name removed] at Brookdale Chandler Place in Rock Hill. Instantly, I could feel his true compassion to help. I work in healthcare & I have to admit I was reluctant at first that it would meet the high standards we were looking for. [Name removed] and his team have surpassed any expectations I had. I feel they truly deliver the meaning of compassion in every way. I teach nursing students and Brookdale Chandler Place has motivated me to write a lecture on the tremendous need of true compassion when helping an older adult transition into senior living. GREAT JOB to everyone at Brookdale Chandler Place. I highly recommend it.

I give it a 6 star rating

This place is fantastic! Everyone here is so friendly and nice. I’m one of the youngest here they have all have been like my adopted grandparents. They all hug me, they’re so sweet, and I try to remember everyone’s names. The staff as well as the resident is such a good group of people. They always invite to do social activities like art class, or to get groceries, invite me to go out and eat, and they just pretty much try to include me in anything. They provide lots of activities to participate in. If I could I would rate this place a 6. The food however, I believe could be better. Some meals don’t really seem edible to me and I would like to see a green vegetable on a plate and not mush. However, the other residents seem to like it. As far as the maintenance staff and the overall staff team they are over the top friendlier that any other place that I’ve been in my life. They are helpful, courteous, respectful, and just outstanding. If you need something fix they’re right there to fix it, if you need help at all with anything they are running to you to assist. Overall it is a very welcoming, warm, and wonderful place. I highly recommend. This was the best choice I have made for a place to live in especially with my disability.

We ended up not going to the store mainly because it's very similar to the Charlotte East facility and we ran out of time. Also as I mentioned below that we are now focusing on apartment-style living without meal plans.

Very impressed with everything, including the sales counselor, [Removed]. Price is right and my mother is convinced. This is potentially the place!

Nice People!

The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable at the Brookdale Chandler Place. The place was nice but the rooms they showed us were not quite as clean as the other communities we have seen. The place only offers 2 meals Monday through Friday and no meals on the weekends. That was a deal breaker for us.

So glad we found Chandler place

My mother is staying at Chandler place. She has been there about 7 weeks. I cannot not say one thing negative about it. The only issue I see from my mother prospective is it is so much bigger then any place she has been to before. This makes it a little overwhelming for her. There are multiple floors and she says she will not ride the elevator alone. The entire staff is fabulous! I would highly recommend it!

So glad we found Chandler place

My father loved this place. he talked about how much my mother would have liked it. He went ahead on renting the smaller one bedroom unit. My wife and I felt great about the place as far as safety and activities for the residents. My father loved the setting along with us. Lynn [Removed] really helped as far as what I wanted and expected. Thank You So Much.

Scoti Goodson

We are very excited to welcome your father into our community! Thank you for sharing your experience.

Great place, affordable, excellent and knowable representative.

Scoti Goodson

Thank you for your kind words. We think it's pretty GREAT too :)

Review of Brookdale Chandler Place - Rock Hill, SC

This is the perfect place for me so far. Scoti has been phenomenal! She has had an answer for every concern I have had!! She has introduced me to other residents made sure I know the staff and has connected me with others who can help with my move. Thank you Jody for connecting me to this fabulous place!!!

Scoti Goodson

I am so VERY glad you are happy! That is our goal and what makes us happy too! Thank you for sharing your experience.

Dont trust the first impression here

I brought my mother on a tour here so she could be near one of her friends that just moved in. My first impression was how nice it appeared. Halfway through the tour I knew I was not sending my mother here. I noticed mold growing on base baords, fruit flies, holes in the ceilings, unrepaired leak damage, there was a dog running around in the lobby and the carpet is just gross.The activities room is a disaster its amazing any thing gets done. Later that week while my mother and I were visiting her friend to let her know this was not an option for us one I overeheard staff talking down about the residents right up front in the office. Its amazing what you can hear from their water fountain. The one lady that is over the top forcing her self to be friendly was the loudest and the worst. She clearly has no empathy for the people that live there. It seemed like the entire staff was at the front desk having a party. This was not a good impression. Also there is almost no staff after dinner. This I see as a saftey problem. What would happen if she needed help and staff was busy with another emergency?. To my understanding this is independent living. I have been told that they are not "allowed" to sit in the common area up front they are told where to sit for lunch and dinner and the bus only runs part time. This place I can see has great potential. Unfortunately this place is poorly managed and needs better maintenance.

Scoti Goodson

Hello Macie! I am so sorry that you had such a bad experience. Your comments and feedback are very important and are taken seriously. I hope you and your Mom are doing well!

Good facility, but room for improvement

My loved one has been at Chandler for several months and this is my observation. The residents are so very friendly and seem to care about one another.
As far as the facility, first and foremost, I would like to see improvements in the food offered, especially the quality and variety. Too many starchy items, not enough simple vegetables or tossed green(not iceberg which has no food value) salads offered. With the amount of recipes circling the internet, surely the menu could be more diversified than it is. These seniors need less fat laden items on the menu and more truly healthy items offered. Their bodies have enough of a battle fighting growing older and illnesses and giving them nutrient depleted meals, doesn't help keep them healthy. The staff has a "menu chat" every week, but as far as I can tell, and from what I have been told, nothing has changed for the better. Also, I don't understand how this is supposed to be independent living and yet they assign you a time and table that you have to eat at. How is that "independent".
Housekeeping services provided/included are hit or miss depending on your capabilities to have everything prepared for the staff: your linens out, trash bag out, everything off of the furniture(I can understand if you are a hoarder, it's a bit to ask,) but with minimal items, seems like it should be doable. Even if the tops of furniture have items on it, the rest of the furniture ie: legs, sides, drawer fronts, should be dusted or cleaned.
We were told they would offer WiFi by the end of September, so far nothing has come of that.
Overall, the staff is good. You don't get a real warm fuzzy feeling, but I do think they care about their residents.
Lastly, we were just given notice that the cost of living there, will be going up by 5-1/2%...hard to swallow when you don't see improvements they these residents have been asking for since Brookdale took over. Sometimes bigger isn't better. Brookdale is a large corporation that has bought up many smaller senior living facilities. They need to work on compassion and putting the "warm and fuzzy" back into their facilities, so that our loved ones can enjoy their final days on this earth feeling well cared for and listened too.

Everything is going well so far

Everything is going well so far. The level of care is excellent. The staff is very good and they treat us like family and know everyone by name. This is a very nice, clean facility. People seem to love it here.

I would live there with no qualms, everyone is so friendly.

They are very nice. I would live there with no qualms, everyone is so friendly. What really impressed me too, was the cleanliness of the place, and the food was good, but they kept in touch with her, and some of the ladies she met wrote her letters, and told her they couldn't wait to see her. It's really a wonderful place.

The residents are awesome but the management is going through changes

The residents are awesome. I don't regret the decision to go there. The management is going through changes so it is hectic. They seem to be trying. They do care. The food is not very good. I think once they get through the changes, everything will go more smoothly. My overall rating of this property is 3 1/2 stars. I rate the cleanliness 4 stars. I rate the friendliness 3 stars. I rate the value 3 stars. I rate the care services 3 stars. I rate the activities 4 stars.

Nice place for independent living, overall

Brookdale Chandler Place is a nice senior independent living place, overall. The facility itself is well kept and clean, and the staff are friendly and helpful. However, the food here was not the best, the meals were very hit or miss.

Scoti Goodson

Thank you for your kind words!! I apologize that the food didn't meet your expectations; your concerns have been passed along and will be addressed. We have a weekly Menu Chat that is hosted by our Dining Director. I encourage you to join us; your input and suggestions are welcomed.

Emeritus at Chandler Place

Evanna took her mom to this place two times she really liked it. It was a very beautiful place and really enjoyed it. The people were really caring and considerate. The only problem was is that the houses were not as big as the hoped like the other communities she had visited.

This was the hardest decision of my l...

This was the hardest decision of my life. I toured many places and this facility won hands down. All the people that run this place, from the office, to the front desk, to the kitchen, to the maintenance, to the residence, all give a filling of warmth, welcome and love. My father passed away a short time after moving in and I feel my mother would not have coped as well if she had not been here.

Not There yet

So far my mother has not moved yet, so my review can only hit on first impressions. So far my experience has been very good. Everyone is very friendly and approachable. The residents appear to be very happy and outgoing. I hope that my Mother will be very happy there, but only time will tell.

Refreshing

They have a friendly people that really seem to care and take interest in the residents. The grounds are maintained and have plenty of shade, the food is good I liked it when I ate their as a guest. I just overall refreshing.

I toured the apartments-very nice & s...

I toured the apartments-very nice & spacious.

Welcome to Chandler Place. Our apartment homes provide a distinctive combination of service and independence which enables you to make choices and enjoy life. With a choice of one or two bedroom apartments, you may select the option that best meets your needs. Your apartment home and all of our services are included in one affordable monthly fee. Utilities, including basic premium cable, are included, except for your personal telephone.

Chandler Place combines the privacy and freedom of your own apartment home with the comfort and security of having staff nearby all day, every day. There is so much to do at and around Chandler Place! While our location is one of our best amenities, you could stay busy with friends and activities without even leaving the property.

Chandler Place incorporates private living quarters and appealing gathering areas into a residence where seniors can enjoy life to the fullest with the security of knowing that help is available if needed. We invite you to join our warm community of friends.