Brookdale Castle Hills AL - Boise, ID

Brookdale Castle Hills AL - Boise, ID has yet not published prices.

Homey Atmosphere

I toured here looking for a new place for my dad. I really liked this community. The manger was wonderful. He bought my son and I lunch while we toured and really made me feel that he cared about my dad's wellbeing, even if we didn't choose this community. The facility itself has a very homey atmosphere, it's clean, and the staff is very pleasant.

Hoping things get better

Management here don't support the needs of this community. The ratio of caregiver to resident DO NOT match up at all. Very understaffed, The staff that they do have are very friendly and go above and beyond. They come in 1x a week to do a deep cleaning in my apartment. The kitchen needs to be evaluated there needs to be more options. Have a nice patio area. I feel like they need to respect our privacy a little more when it comes to our mail. Not just leave it around for anybody to see or even take. There shouldn't be a long wait when someone uses the light for help.

Over priced community!!

I have recently made the move into this community and so far things have not been the best for me. The other residents have not been the friendliest and I was embarrassed by one of them by a personal problem. The ladies down in the dinning room are always so friendly and make sure to come to my room to make sure I don't want food if I miss meal time. I am not pleased with how every year they are planning to raise my rent. It seems every time i turn around they are adding on to my rent and making things more expensive.

Great Place

Brookdale Castle Hills is a very clean and well-kept community. The staff will bend over backward to assist you with whatever you need. Here you will get the extra care of assisted help if needed. They could use a little more staff, it seems that the staff has to do multiple tasks. I'm not quite sure if I am ready for assisted living, I miss cooking, I am very particular with my fresh foods and ingredients, here they seem to rely on a lot of sauces and gravies. They do have all sorts of activities, I so far have only participated in the exercise class which was pretty good. They offer transportation for outside activities. It is definitely an adjustment for me, but I would highly recommend Brookdale Castle Hills to friends and family

Comfortable and Relaxed

The Brookdale Castle Hills AL is an older establishment. It is definitely not the high-end type of living some people are looking for in a community. That said, it looked very homey and comfortable, a place that I myself wouldn't mind living in, a lot like a dorm setting for older people. The staff seemed very friendly and knowledgeable. It just wasn't a good fit for my Mom.

Not Fully Comfortable

My loved one is adjusting to living in a community. The people are very, very nice and my loved one likes all of them. They are trying to make my loved one feel at home. We got their room decorated and comfy. However the only problem we have is getting the medication right. At times they are giving the wrong pill at the wrong time. They are aware of the issue and I hope they can make an improvement.

A tour for care and comfort

We toured this community. We were not too impressed by what we saw. The staff did not seem like they were interacting with the residents. They seem to have a high turnover. The menu seemed to be acceptable. They do offer activities for the residents. Families might want to consider a tour of the community for the care of a family member

Seeing The Community For An Option

Based on my tour they were fine. However I just didn't getting a good feeling for a match. It looked clean. The staff were all nice and good at what they were doing. Everybody was happy when I walked through. The number of people, the layout, and the dining experience was not a good match for my mom.

Very nice older facility. They are very accomodating to both physical needs and to financially fit in budget.

Not as friendly...

I'm not sure if we walked in at an off time, but the staff was not as friendly and happy to see us as other timers. Usually, we would get a "Hi" when we walked in or something but not at this Brookdale. Like I said, I wouldn't put them down for this because it could have been bad timing, but you would think they would make more of an effort to be welcoming.

Going well

Yeah I guess you could say that things are going well at Brookdale. Things seem to be okay so far and I do not have any complaints or problems with them to speak of.

Good Place

My uncle is there and he is very content.

Nice place, overall. A bit short staffed currently

Overall I think they do a good job at Emeritus at Summer Wind. The staff here is friendly and professional, and they do a good job looking after the residents. However, they are currently a bit short staffed which has caused some coordination issue. They do manage to keep the facility looking clean and well kept despite the staffing issues.

said they dont really have the staff there but its ok for the money "budget" said she gives concerns but they have a hard time address them but would still recommend because they take medicade.. said the staff is friendly tho but understaffed at the moment client gave an over all rating of a 5 star tho..said that the cleanliness of the facility was a 3 star and the friendliness is of a 5 star rating client gave a 3.5 star rating on the value of the facility as well..

In the beginning the staff bent over backwards to accommodate our wishes; however the administrator was incredibly aloof and non-accessible. I found a very high turn over in staff and some seemed better trained than others. The meals were chicken and rice in some form or the other every day. The print on the menus that were passed out to residents was so small you couldn't read it. There was insufficient staff on duty at night to accommodate when there was a flu outbreak and I ended up being there non-stop with my mother while she was ill. She had vomited on herself and there wasn't enough staff to get her cleaned up. I never felt certain that anything was being done for my mother was correct except for the CNA who bathed her. Even that wasn't done for two weeks after she first arrived because of miscommunication. Needless to say she is not there anymore and I wouldn't recommend this place unless you want to live there with your loved one too.

Not Recommended

It might be a good place if you do not need much assistance, but they seemed understaffed. We noticed workers talking on their cells phones while on duty. Management staff was not very friendly once the parents moved in. Nursing staff was helpful. I never received a call back we I called them. I always had to go to the facility to talk to someone. I would not recommend Summerwind. We have moved the parents some place else and things are much better there.

I really liked it.

This was one of the communities I saw as I have been looking. I really liked it. It was clean, and the staff was friendly. They seemed to have good food and lots of activities going on. I am considering them.

The staff is incredibly friendly, but communication with management can be challenging.

As advocates for a family member there, we find the daily staff to be incredibly friendly and helpful. However, communication with management can be more challenging, and while they somewhat acknowledge this, it needs further work to truly be a healthy version of living "like family." This facility and the management try to handle clients that need a higher level of care, and we are grateful for that. The facility is kept very clean, the rooms are nice. The setting around the building is quiet and peaceful.

Our loved one feels it has a lot of staff turnover, but we hear that is a problem for the entire industry of assisted living. They hold meetings with the residents and their family members from time to time for getting feedback, which we think is great. The biggest complaint is the food, but it seems fine to us when we eat there. The residents are truly delightful and they work hard to welcome new people into the group.

Mom has a friend who lives ...

Mom has a friend who lives at Summer Wind and that would be really good, and is a very nice environment. However they do not have a separate memory care unit but they would use tracking device on her.

Summerwind

This facility has a lack of staff to accommodate the wide needs of residents.
Med techs are given one day of training. Meds were given to residents and told to take them when needed. Even though this had been reported the director was never informed.
The dining area appears nice, but has a select seating arrangement for long time residents. There is a lack of proper diet provided to diabetic residents. Non-mobile residents are brought down to sit for long periods before and after meals.
Turnover in staff is frequent.
The Activities Director worked very hard at finding activities residents would enjoy.
I have seen other Emeritus facilities in another state that was up to a much higher standard that Summer Wind.

The building and the rooms ...

The building and the rooms are very nice. The staff was very helpful in showing us the facility and describing the lifestyle that my mother could expect. We look forward to my mother moving into the facility.

A Good Place

My father is living there. The staff and management were super friendly and that makes a big difference. He's participating in activities. I know he's doing things but because I'm not there I'm not quite sure which field trips, book groups he's taking part in. I think he says the food is good. I think it's a good place. I'm not sure it's the best place for him but I'm also not sure I could have found a better place. We went two a few others and liked this the best.

Mom Likes It, Dad Needs More Care

Some of the staff is super good and some is not as friendly. They just raised the price $200 and I'm not sure why. They're supposed to be doing this stuff that we're not seeing done. I guess my dad is okay. He probably needs a little more care than they are willing or able to give him. My mother likes it. She likes the activities. I tried to talk to them about some of our issues and they were on the defensive from the word go. They didn't understand but my mom likes it so that's what counts. If she's happy and feels like she's being taken care then I'm happy.

Beautiful. Friendly, friendly people.

Beautiful. Friendly, friendly people.

Assisted Living 1 bedrooms up to 434...

Assisted Living 1 bedrooms up to 434 sq feet Nearby on Castle Drive They also have a senior day program.

Brookdale Castle Hills provides assisted living services to seniors in the greater Boise, Idaho area. We are considered to be one of the premier senior living communities in Ada County, both because of our caring staff and outstanding amenities. We are also fortunate enough to be located in an area surrounded by natural beauty, both within our grounds and within the larger Boise area. Our landscaped grounds include walking paths, gardens and peaceful sitting areas.

We enjoy many activities that provide fun, learning opportunities and promote socialization. Residents assist our full time Activity Director in developing our activity schedule and current activities include:

Shopping and dining at local venues
Outings to festivals and museums
Yoga
Needle work club
Church services
Happy hours with live entertainment
Wine tasting
Art class
Poker
Scenic drives in the country
Themed lunches

Brookdale Castle Hills is able to help with daily activity needs as well as wellness maintenance. Our caring staff is happy to assist with grooming, mobility and medication management. We also provide dietician-planned meals and snacks, transportation services, housekeeping services and pet care.