Brookdale Canton - Canton, GA

Brookdale Canton - Canton, GA has yet not published prices.

Comforting Care

Mom is settling in at Brookdale Canton. It has been a hard adjustment getting used to all of the schedules and routines of the community. It is a clean and well-kept community. The atmosphere is warm and inviting. They are very welcoming to our family members when we come to visit. The staff is very friendly and attentive to my mom's care needs. My brother says the staff is easy to communicate any questions or concerns regarding my mom's needs. I have not had a chance to dine there with my mom but the food looks delicious and she really enjoys the meals. That was another transition, eating meals on someone else's schedule. She likes her room it is just big enough for her. They have patios with rocking chairs to sit out and enjoy the fresh air. We feel we have made a good choice for mom's care. It's comforting to know that she is safe and her well-being is looked after. I would recommend this community to others.

Nice Staff in This Community

This is a nice community. My mother is currently in this hospital, however once she gets better she will return to this community. They are doing a good job taking care of her, and her needs. I do not have any complaints, or concerns about this community.

Blessing...

I have been so impressed with the entire experience. As difficult as it can be to come to terms with having to place mom, Brookdale-Canton has gone out of their way to help me in any way they can.[Removed] have held my hand the entire way. The med techs are incredible at knowing mom and her reactions and what she needs. The systems in place for doctors and medication make my life much simpler. Overall, I am so thankful that I found them at just the right time.

Good Tour

Very Nice tour

Love Brookdale Canton!

Brookdale Canton is the best. My mom loves it. Everyone in the community is great. She's made friends, the care staff and management are both always smiling and so nice.

Horrible Place!!

I would never recommend this place to anyone it is absolutely horrible. I ended up having to take my husband out right away because of the lack of care that they provided him. The staff had a policy that they would check on the residents every twenty minutes to makes sure they where okay and they would go hours hours without checking on him. He would need there help for personal reasons many time and they just left him, I found him multiple times in sitting in his own urine. I would complain and try to reach out to administration for help and they did absolutely nothing. I would never recommend this place to anyone.

Care and Value for family

We like the care at this community. The staff is caring and very nice and friendly. We like knowing that she likes the menu of the good meals that are offered. She is starting to get involved with the activities and it makes us comfortable knowing that she is wanting to participate. We would recommend the care and the value of this community to other families.

Loved our tour [Removed] did a great job. Very nice facility and I would feel comfortable with my mom leaving there. Still have not made up our minds.

The best choice!!

I am so thankful for A Place For Mom, my mother in law is doing very well at Brookdale we have been extremely happy, the people are great and she is settling in very well. It was a stressful situation and A Place For Mom made a big difference. I am happy with our choice.

I liked this community

This is an older community and the assisted living apartments were smaller. There was not a lot of choice for the same cost as the community we chose. They do try to get the residents to come out and socialize. The staff is nice. This community just did not have the same care level as the community we chose.

Not a bad community.

The food is acceptable, however they do not always have the food choices listed on the menu. I am not sure they are keeping up with my wife's apartment cleaning schedule. There was a minor issue with her medication they have since corrected this. This community is close to myself and her doctors. I think they could be a little more explicit about their billing.

This is the one! We like the smaller environment, nice staff and love the garden area with the koy pond. They quoted us $2,100 monthly rate that will never go up. I'm confirming this rate with the sales manager. We met with the LPN. Just want to make sure that this rate will be in writing. My mother would save $11,000 a year! The rooms were a nice size. I'm going to try to negotiate the $2,500 community fee down if possible. Even $500 would be helpful. Once I have the confirmation on the rate, I'll drop a deposit off at the facility. We will stop by tomorrow for a second look at the common areas.

My sister's care

We toured alot of communities for good care. I am very happy knowing that my sister is being taken care of by the wonderful staff here. We like the clean community and the over all appearance . She seems to be please with the meals and variety. They do offer alot of activities when she is wanting to participate. I would recommend this for good care for other families.

All about Progression!

This community was really nice as well as the staff. I just felt that the community and the residents were not on my loved ones level. He was about 15 years younger than anyone else. We wanted him to progress and not regress.

Good community but too many young girls who are not well trained to manage the issues of aged. This particularly true in Memory Care dealing with Alzheimer’s residents. Not enough life experience & lack of training means that some resident’s illnesses are misunderstood & miss-managed. This may be at issue with all such facilities. But most do care.

It is a safe, cheerful place for my mother. Cannot say enough about the staff memory care. They are wonderful. Sherry Adolfson is such a professional, caring, knowledgeable person. So glad you got Macey Blackwell back too!

Review of Brookdale Canton - Canton, GA

Seems to be quite a bit of turn over (Mgnt staff). Over the past 6 months the Aids are very caring and do take good care of my father. I have very few complaints about the facility.

Review of Brookdale Canton - Canton, GA

I have lived here 4 years in April and it is a great home. I believe the management tries their best to keep it clean and a well-run business. There are always activities and trips for anyone interested.

Review of Brookdale Canton - Canton, GA

Not keeped very clean, short staff. Not very good Management. The outside very poorly maintain & clean. For the most part care givers very nice!

Awesome place for my mother!!!! Wonderful kind hearted staff and a beautiful home. My Mother is happy.

A Very Nice Community

My tour of this community was a pretty decent one. My tour guide was pretty informative. She would answer all my questions, and she was very kind. The community looked very nice, the room was nice and clean. I really enjoyed my tour, everybody was very nice.

Wonderful Place!!

One of the things that my friend loved about the community was that they are pet friendly. She was able to keep her little dog and that was good. Everyone loves her little dog it also helps with keeping her some companion. So far she has been enjoying the meals. The housekeeping is also doing a good job of providing a clean environment. My friend feels that she is safe and has many great accommodations.

The right community for my wife!!!!

My wife is doing well since moving into Brookdale Canton. I have not had a chance to try the food but she likes it. The staff are friendly and she likes them. She has made numerous friends. She participates in the activities and since she likes to keep busy she also helps out the staff. I would recommend this community.

Really enjoying it here!

Things are going very well with Brookdale Canton, I'm quite pleased with it! It's a very nice change from where I had been living before. I love having a private room and restroom, and the apartments are a very nice size! All of the residents I've met have been very friendly, and the staff as well! I would definitely recommend this place to other!

Unhappy family

Do not leave you loved ones in this facility. The care givers are overworked, underpaid and frustrated, The new Brookdale ownership is the largest owner of assisted living facilities in the US. They care about your money, not your loved ones. The quality of care has deteriorated from it's former glory to it's present state of disarray under the new management. Our Mom had been there for a number of years until recently when she has lost weight due to the unappetizing food. Her well kept presents became unkept and unclean. She suffers from Alzheimer's and this facility saw fit to send her to the ER unescorted and did not inform her family until after she had returned. This is not the care that we pay so much for. They are happy to assured you that your family members will be safe and well cared for, it is simply not true. The review guidelines prevent me from saying more. Be forewarned. There are far better facilities.

Nice place, overall

Overall things have gone well with Emeritus at Riverstone. They've taken good care of my Mom, and they communicate well with the family. The facility itself is nice looking, and they keep it looking clean and well kept. They generally do a good job with the food, although the quality has declined a bit since they were bought by the Brookdale company.

Friendly and accommodating staff

I'm very pleased with how things have gone with Emeritus at Riverstone! The woman who gave us our tour, Lisa, was awesome! My loved one was very unsure about moving into this sort of community, and she really took the time to explain everything to him and answer all of his questions. And the good service continued after the move as well, it is a well kept clean facility, and the staff do a great job looking out for the residents!

Helpful and accommodating

Things have gone very well with Emeritus at Riverstone! It's a nice looking community, and the staff are all very friendly and professional. They were very helpful and accommodating in getting Mom placed and taken care of during a stressful situation.

Very nice community!

Our loved one was only here for a short respite stay, but we were very impressed by what we saw here. The staff were all very friendly, caring, and professional, and they do an excellent job keeping the residents active and engaged. The services they provide are excellent, they've got great activities, the food is good, and the medication service was very reliable. We're hoping my loved ones will consider it for a more permanent move in the future!

Great place!

We have been nothing but pleased with the service they provide here at Emeritus! For the type of care they provide they really do a great job. Our loved one has actually shown so much improvement we may need to move her into a lower level care facility! The facility itself is beautiful, and always clean and well kept. The staff are all very friendly and professional, and do a great job taking care of the residents. They've also got a very good transportation service, they do shopping trips, and are able to arrange transport for doctors visits.

Not Very Active/Engaged

It just seemed like everybody was just sitting around. Like the residents were wheeled to a certain place and were just sitting there. It was not a very active environment. It didn't seem like they were being as engaged as the residents at another place we saw.

Nice and convenient

It's a ncie facility, not nearly as nice as the mountain one where I am, but it's fine and it's okay. They're close to my brother and his wife so they are able to visit quite often which is a big part of it. They really have been accomodating also, at the first opportunity, they moved them into a larger room so they've been very accomodating as well.

Insulting

We came to visit this community and the woman who was assisting us was not very good. Some of the comment she made to us were insulting and we did not take very well. We had done the best we could with our loved one and she still had the nerve to insult us about our care. This was not the time for her to do this and instead should have approached it in a different manner, like maybe provide us with solutions and something we could have done better rather then just say we weren't doing it right. Either way although this community was closer to our home we did not choose it for our loved one.

I would say that cleanliness, the fri...

I would say that cleanliness, the friendliness and cooperation of the staff, the seemingly contented residents that I observed when I was there for my visits and the food (the diet, the kitchen and the kitchen staff) Lisa Lewis (the director( and Cheri, the social director for the memory care unit where my mother is, are standouts.
As for value, it's very comparable to what I'd researched. My mother is in the memory care unit and the social director is very good about having a schedule and a calendar there for the residents

Tour with Lisa. Very nice, clean, no ...

Tour with Lisa. Very nice, clean, no odor, residents happy, well cared for - staff very friendly. Nice atmosphere - community. Like the openness of common areas, dining area.

OK. First impression was NOT great. ...

OK. First impression was NOT great. Entered & waited at front desk for the LONGEST time while the receptionist talked on the phone. Did not greet me. When she finally got off the phone I had to ask HER if the Director was available and I was there for my scheduled tour. Thought would feel big & overwhelming for my mom. Not too sure I liked the Alzheimer's wing. Didn't feel comfortable & think mom would feel "trapped" & not understand. Felt rushed during the tour and didn't explain the package of information well. I felt very unattended to.

I loved the facility. Just not crazy ...

I loved the facility. Just not crazy about Northside Cherokee Hospital and am looking for something closer to Kennestone.

Pets OK; nice but rooms very small.

Pets OK; nice but rooms very small.

Toured again, needs a remodel.

Toured again, needs a remodel.

Assisted Living Studio (lar...

Assisted Living Studio (large open room with private bath) 4-6% cost of living increase yearly. Has 2-3 outings per week for residents.

We are proud to be a part of the community of Canton. This area was chosen for its quiet and relaxed atmosphere and for its close proximity to churches, shopping and medical facilities.

Brookdale Canton is a Personal Care Home with a caring, safe and secure, home-like environment for its residents. Unlike a nursing home, we provide supervision in an elegant setting with the highest level of care for its seniors who are either still independent or require differing levels of care.

We are staffed with professionally trained caregivers, selected for their knowledge, compassion and understanding of our residents needs. Each apartment is carefully designed to encourage independent living, while providing 24-hour care and assistance with daily living activities.

The caring attention, along with the many activities that meet social, recreational and spiritual needs, will enable our residents to build friendships and stability. We welcome you to discover our tastefully decorated home and grounds and to join us in fulfilling our vision—to provide a home that our residents can feel and call their own.